LEEWS

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

LEEWS

Postby Extension_Cord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:50 pm

I just finished the first CD (1/7) of LEEWS and don't feel like I got much out of it. Does it become more useful later on?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 pm

i felt it was only helpful for a little reassurance.. definitely helps as far as structure and whatever.. basically, answer the questions that you are asked so read the stem first.. then apply law to fact.. 1L and not feeling confident at the moment so grain of salt

User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby Extension_Cord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:02 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:i felt it was only helpful for a little reassurance.. definitely helps as far as structure and whatever.. basically, answer the questions that you are asked so read the stem first.. then apply law to fact.. 1L and not feeling confident at the moment so grain of salt


Im wondering if I should finish it or just study more hypos.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:08 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:i felt it was only helpful for a little reassurance.. definitely helps as far as structure and whatever.. basically, answer the questions that you are asked so read the stem first.. then apply law to fact.. 1L and not feeling confident at the moment so grain of salt


Im wondering if I should finish it or just study more hypos.


id say it depends on whether you have gotten any feedback from professors yet.. if you have and you know what they want, then hypos would probably be a better use of time - if not and you are just taking a guess at what kind of analysis they want to see then LEEWS is probably the best out there

User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby Extension_Cord » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:07 am

BlueDiamond wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:i felt it was only helpful for a little reassurance.. definitely helps as far as structure and whatever.. basically, answer the questions that you are asked so read the stem first.. then apply law to fact.. 1L and not feeling confident at the moment so grain of salt


Im wondering if I should finish it or just study more hypos.


id say it depends on whether you have gotten any feedback from professors yet.. if you have and you know what they want, then hypos would probably be a better use of time - if not and you are just taking a guess at what kind of analysis they want to see then LEEWS is probably the best out there


Thanks, so hypos it is.

User avatar
biglaw$
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:18 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby biglaw$ » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:23 am

Hey bro you started 10 freaking threads on the first page alone. Search man!

BeaverHunter
Posts: 98
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:05 am

Re: LEEWS

Postby BeaverHunter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:02 am

Cool story bro. There is some good content on here that is obscured by your many pointless threads. Knock it off.

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: LEEWS

Postby bartleby » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:10 am

scan over the primer (if necessary) and do hypos. such a waste of time right now to listen to 10 hours of wentworth (unless ur doing it while u sleep or something)

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: LEEWS

Postby shock259 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:10 am

Not worth it to do it now. He takes hours to talk about a little point. Might be worth reading over the Primer and talking what you can from it, though.

User avatar
japes
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Re: LEEWS

Postby japes » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:48 pm

listen at double speed while you're driving or on the bus or working out and can't do other work. no tradeoff then.

User avatar
jdubb990
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 am

Re: LEEWS

Postby jdubb990 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

It will help you with structuring your exam and how to plan an answer. So depending on how much assistance you feel that you need in that area, you may or may not want to listen to the whole damn thing. But above posts are correct, do a load of hypotheticals practicing what you learn from LEEWS and the techniques become second nature.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 14 guests