What to do right after Bar Exam? (Between Exam and Sworn In)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
tepper

What to do right after Bar Exam? (Between Exam and Sworn In)

Postby tepper » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:08 pm

I know most of us will take the bar in July, and not hear back about the score until late Oct. I'm wondering what I should do during this three months period. Is it reasonable to take this period off and travel? or should I start working right away? Any thought will be appreciated.

RelativeEase

Re: What to do right after Bar Exam? (Between Exam and Sworn In)

Postby RelativeEase » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:30 pm

Do whatever you want to do. If traveling would make you happy, do it. You have the rest of your life to wear a suit for 70 hrs/week. And you only have 1 life(maybe).

tepper

Postby tepper » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:32 pm

thanks, but I guess what I was trying to ask was, what would be a common practice for 3Ls? do most people take this time off? or no?

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:51 pm

tepper wrote:thanks, but I guess what I was trying to ask was, what would be a common practice for 3Ls? do most people take this time off? or no?

Do you have a job lined up? If so and they are cool with you not being in the office until you pass the bar then do what you want. If you need a job I would probably be looking for one first.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 am

Extension_Cord wrote:
tepper wrote:thanks, but I guess what I was trying to ask was, what would be a common practice for 3Ls? do most people take this time off? or no?

Do you have a job lined up? If so and they are cool with you not being in the office until you pass the bar then do what you want. If you need a job I would probably be looking for one first.

This.

If you have a job lined up, it's very common to take a "bar trip" before you start work. If you don't, I'd work on that before traveling.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”