I spent all semester learning how to write a law school exam

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bk1

Re: I spent all semester learning how to write a law school exam

Postby bk1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:24 am

bdubs wrote:
NYC Law wrote:Yeah. We have a 5 credit torts class, 5 credit prop class, 3 credits of crim (and it's taught just like an UG class so most people have been blowing it off). Then a year long LRW class worth 3 credits for the year.

Wow. I didn't realize there was that much variation between schools. At Northwestern we take 4 doctrinal courses per semester during 1L, each are 3 credits. Our LRW is graded and is 2 credits per semester.

I think the difficulty of courses seems to be determined more by your professor and less by the subject matter (since we're all graded on a relative scale). Property is probably the most difficult course from a subject matter perspective, but I haven't taken con law or crim yet.

I think NU is the exception and other schools are the rule. It's why we get electives first year and other places generally do not.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:05 am

bk1 wrote:
bdubs wrote:
NYC Law wrote:Yeah. We have a 5 credit torts class, 5 credit prop class, 3 credits of crim (and it's taught just like an UG class so most people have been blowing it off). Then a year long LRW class worth 3 credits for the year.

Wow. I didn't realize there was that much variation between schools. At Northwestern we take 4 doctrinal courses per semester during 1L, each are 3 credits. Our LRW is graded and is 2 credits per semester.

I think the difficulty of courses seems to be determined more by your professor and less by the subject matter (since we're all graded on a relative scale). Property is probably the most difficult course from a subject matter perspective, but I haven't taken con law or crim yet.

I think NU is the exception and other schools are the rule. It's why we get electives first year and other places generally do not.

penn's the same way except LRW is ungraded.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:38 am

dabomb75 wrote:
bk1 wrote:
bdubs wrote:

penn's the same way except LRW is ungraded.

I hate you right now.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”