Dropbox - LOLWUT?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ResolutePear

Re: Dropbox - LOLWUT?

Postby ResolutePear » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:52 am

Awesome to see all the competition that came out since I first made this thread.

I still like dropbox the best, however.

Anywho, bump for those going into finals and whatnot.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:00 am

Mind posting some of the competitors?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:03 pm

beach_terror wrote:Mind posting some of the competitors?

Box
OneDrive
Google Drive
iCloud
etc, etc

TLSaul2001

Postby TLSaul2001 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Used Google Drive since 1L year (almost done 3L) and it's so great. Being able to look at pretty much any file I ever had in law school on my phone at any time came in handy so many times.

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:41 pm

FWIW I still use Dropbox for personal stuff but have used Google Drive a lot in the past year for school projects, and it works great. I haven't found anything Dropbox can do but Drive can't. In fact, there appear to be additional functionalities on Drive, like the ability to use and share in the same folder Google documents (docs, sheets, slides etc.).

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Redamon1 wrote:FWIW I still use Dropbox for personal stuff but have used Google Drive a lot in the past year for school projects, and it works great. I haven't found anything Dropbox can do but Drive can't. In fact, there appear to be additional functionalities on Drive, like the ability to use and share in the same folder Google documents (docs, sheets, slides etc.).

Google Drive doesn't have a local folder, does it? Dropbox and OneDrive are nice in that you can work offline and the next time your computer gets internet, the online copies update.

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:58 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:FWIW I still use Dropbox for personal stuff but have used Google Drive a lot in the past year for school projects, and it works great. I haven't found anything Dropbox can do but Drive can't. In fact, there appear to be additional functionalities on Drive, like the ability to use and share in the same folder Google documents (docs, sheets, slides etc.).

Google Drive doesn't have a local folder, does it? Dropbox and OneDrive are nice in that you can work offline and the next time your computer gets internet, the online copies update.

I'm pretty sure it does; I have a local alias to my Google Drive that I can access even while I'm offline.

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:41 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it does; I have a local alias to my Google Drive that I can access even while I'm offline.

Yes, you can set up a local folder on your desktop. It will synch with the cloud automatically, like Dropbox. Install the desktop app here:

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/drive

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”