2L exam prep thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby rad lulz » Tue May 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
geekrocker37 wrote:Bring on the curve baby.

My attitude toward all exams.

There are a good number of 1L's who are in my evidence class as their elective :evil: :evil:

Those dicks

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby dailygrind » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:
rad lulz wrote:
geekrocker37 wrote:Bring on the curve baby.

My attitude toward all exams.

There are a good number of 1L's who are in my evidence class as their elective :evil: :evil:


I dropped a class after I heard that it would be heavily populated with 1Ls. True story.

User avatar
Antilles Haven
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Antilles Haven » Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

dailygrind wrote:I dropped a class after I heard that it would be heavily populated with 1Ls. True story.

Our class is non-pass/failable and mandatory by spring 2L year. I had no way out...

Okay, I need to get off TLS, I've done nothing but bitch for the last 10 days.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby keg411 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I had 1L's in multiple classes. Freakin' summer starters. Only good thing is that I'm pretty sure those classes don't count for OCI for them, so maybe they'll care less and focus more on their regular 1L exams. Maybe. Hopefully.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby goosey » Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 am

wow we dont have any 1Ls in our upper division classes. that would suck.

First exam tuesday, last exam wednesday. just started outlining for wed exam and ifnished tues outline last night. i have never been so unprepared before in my life

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby traehekat » Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am

goosey wrote:wow we dont have any 1Ls in our upper division classes. that would suck.

First exam tuesday, last exam wednesday. just started outlining for wed exam and ifnished tues outline last night. i have never been so unprepared before in my life


spend more time in the no motivation thread, you'll feel better :-P

User avatar
quiver
Posts: 864
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby quiver » Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 am

Just had 12 hours of exams in the last 2 days (proctored final then 8 hour take home). Really ready for this semester to be done right now but I still have 1 exam and a 25 page paper that I, of course, have not started.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby goodolgil » Fri May 04, 2012 11:55 am

keg411 wrote:I had 1L's in multiple classes. Freakin' summer starters. Only good thing is that I'm pretty sure those classes don't count for OCI for them, so maybe they'll care less and focus more on their regular 1L exams. Maybe. Hopefully.


Nope, unfortunately not true at all. Employers just look at overall GPA, so those classes matter just as much as torts or con law. That's why a lot of summer starters I knew last year loaded up on uncurved classes.

Kinda sucks for the rest of us, but then again they have to do 3 semesters of 1L.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 pm

If anything, I would think the 1ls have no idea how to take an exam, so you would do better on the curve.

Anyway, I have a class with only 9 people (so its uncurved) - and a final worth only half my grade. I've been working on it forever, trying to say why the Supreme Court will decide the gay marriage issue for the whole country. I have no logical reasoning for this, except that most other bans offer similar rationals to prop 8, or all of those rationals are pretext for religious opposition, which isn't a legal reason. But, 10 pages isn't even close to enough space to work on this, so I'm wondering if i should leave that crap out, just say the court will decide for the whole country and hopefully get at least b+ just for turning in the damn paper.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby keg411 » Sat May 05, 2012 2:43 pm

goodolgil wrote:
keg411 wrote:I had 1L's in multiple classes. Freakin' summer starters. Only good thing is that I'm pretty sure those classes don't count for OCI for them, so maybe they'll care less and focus more on their regular 1L exams. Maybe. Hopefully.


Nope, unfortunately not true at all. Employers just look at overall GPA, so those classes matter just as much as torts or con law. That's why a lot of summer starters I knew last year loaded up on uncurved classes.

Kinda sucks for the rest of us, but then again they have to do 3 semesters of 1L.


Then the ones I know in my classes were idiots since I only had one uncurved class that had 1L's in it.

User avatar
Bobby Dazzler
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:13 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Bobby Dazzler » Tue May 08, 2012 1:49 am

That moment when you walk out of an exam, think about your answer for a minute, realize that you had it right and then applied an exception that isn't applicable thus making the entire answer wrong... Fuck. me. Good thing it's 2LOL I guess.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests