2L exam prep thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 am

just found out yesterday that pass/fail isnt ACTUALLY pass or fail. and that D- or below is a fail. anything below a C- is discretionary at my school. the problem is, the professor teaching this class is a judge and I have no idea how he will distribute the grades..most professors I know of dont give grades below what they have to so theres really no D-'s

i wonder what he will do :-/

i think I might actually have to put work into this now. ugh.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:43 pm

goosey wrote:just found out yesterday that pass/fail isnt ACTUALLY pass or fail. and that D- or below is a fail. anything below a C- is discretionary at my school. the problem is, the professor teaching this class is a judge and I have no idea how he will distribute the grades..most professors I know of dont give grades below what they have to so theres really no D-'s

Nah. Don't worry. I'm taking Income Tax pass/fail (and thank God, because I freaking hate this class...although my professor is AWESOME), and our pass/fail works the same way. It is a little nerve racking to know I have to get at least a C+ on the exam to "pass" though, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Most professors don't want to give anything below C+'s if they see some type of effort. You will be fine.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:12 pm

as stars burn wrote:
goosey wrote:just found out yesterday that pass/fail isnt ACTUALLY pass or fail. and that D- or below is a fail. anything below a C- is discretionary at my school. the problem is, the professor teaching this class is a judge and I have no idea how he will distribute the grades..most professors I know of dont give grades below what they have to so theres really no D-'s

Nah. Don't worry. I'm taking Income Tax pass/fail (and thank God, because I freaking hate this class...although my professor is AWESOME), and our pass/fail works the same way. It is a little nerve racking to know I have to get at least a C+ on the exam to "pass" though, but I'm sure you'll do fine. Most professors don't want to give anything below C+'s if they see some type of effort. You will be fine.

yeah, I am just nervous bc I dont know how this professor will work with the curve

and...reading period has officially begun. last class of the semester just ended.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Me Friday

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:18 pm

First final tomorrow afternoon. Odd that i'm annoyed that it means I have to spend an extra half a day on it, instead of giving it to another class. I don't think I can study for a different exam the same day as one.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:33 pm

1 more class to go. Admin. Still have not cracked a book for it. All semester. Literally.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:1 more class to go. Admin. Still have not cracked a book for it. All semester. Literally.

I'm so jealous that you're almost done. I haven't started yet, and I have 4 exams. Yuck. :evil:

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Grizz wrote:Me Friday

alol

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 pm

just finished my fam law outline

have two classes worth of outlinign left for tax and then i am DONE outlining.

hopefully i can finish it up by the end of tonight
i have this weird thing about being done outlining before the first day of reading period

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:11 pm

First Amendment tomorrow. Closed book. Must know all applicable tests and major cases, including majority and dissents, and which Justices were in which camp.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 pm

goosey wrote:just finished my fam law outline

i have this weird thing about being done outlining before the first day of reading period

Still ahead of me, I think I'll have ~5 environmental law classes to outline once reading period starts. Blargh.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Outline hopefully done by tommorow for Commercial trans on Monday. Was going pretty hard at it for about a day and a half and then just decided to play video games for two hours. Gotta work (like at a job, not on the outline) both tomorrow and Friday which will severely cut into my study time. All I want for Christmas is a B(+?).

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:22 pm

Jealous. School designated our "reading period" as Saturday and Sunday. Thanks? :roll:

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

as stars burn wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:1 more class to go. Admin. Still have not cracked a book for it. All semester. Literally.

I'm so jealous that you're almost done. I haven't started yet, and I have 4 exams. Yuck. :evil:

+1

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 pm

I feel kind of guilty for stopping studying now, and watching 2-3 hours of tv before bed, but ohh well. A headache will take its toll eventually.

jkay

Postby jkay » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:29 am

:shock:
Last edited by jkay on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 am

Just finished a practice exam for Civ, and finished almost 20 minutes early which is probably a bad thing. Although I compared my answer with the model answer and I seemed to catch most of the issues...I just didn't elaborate enough. Oh well, I'm SO. TIRED.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:40 am

moandersen wrote:

Jealous. School designated our "reading period" as Saturday and Sunday. Thanks? :roll:

wow are you for real? that is ridiculous

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 am

goosey wrote:
moandersen wrote:

wow are you for real? that is ridiculous

Yeah, same here. It's always pissed me off to no end. "Reading days" have a special name because they are days GRANTED by the school. If they were naturally occurring, like the weekend, they would not have a name. You are not generously granting us the weekend. Just say we don't have a reading period!! Rrgh.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:52 am

Why should a small number of reading days be a big deal? (1) There's a curve, and (2) it gives people who may not have put in the work throughout the semester less opportunity to cram and potentially catch up.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 am

Helmholtz wrote:Why should a small number of reading days be a big deal? (1) There's a curve, and (2) it gives people who may not have put in the work throughout the semester less opportunity to cram and potentially catch up.

i think the premise of all the 2L threads here are that we belong to the class above.

..hence the disgust with a fake "reading period" weekend

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:50 pm

moandersen wrote:

Our school is the same way. It is kind of lame. Especially since last Spring we did have a "real" reading period. Weird. Our reading period is officially over today and exams have started.

First one tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. I cannot wait until this is over. I have so many awesome things planned for break that I can barely keep my head in the game--for one, I will get to see my family for the first time in a year!

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:01 pm

as stars burn wrote:
Our school is the same way. It is kind of lame. Especially since last Spring we did have a "real" reading period. Weird. Our reading period is officially over today and exams have started.

First one tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. I cannot wait until this is over. I have so many awesome things planned for break that I can barely keep my head in the game--for one, I will get to see my family for the first time in a year!

im going to learn how to knit, go to the met, go ice skating in bryant park, go skiiing, watch arrested developement marathons, and bake.

can't wait.

dibs

Postby dibs » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:38 pm

scantron TTTrue/False prof. resp. exam in 20 minutes. I AM A CHAMPION.

Omerta

Postby Omerta » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Done! Am I first?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”