2L exam prep thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby kaiser » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

What the hell is 2L exam prep?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Grizz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

kaiser wrote:What the hell is 2L exam prep?

60/40 Netflix/flipping through my outlines

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Grizz wrote:
kaiser wrote:What the hell is 2L exam prep?

60/40 Netflix/flipping through my outlines


50% watching sports/ 10% making outlines / 10% talking with people about how screwed everyone is in hopes of making yourself feel better/ 30% taking naps while maintaining that in the end the nap will make you "more efficient" and is overall a good idea in terms of exam prep.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.

I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7237
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby beach_terror » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:36 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.

I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.

Con law is weird, and I didn't find Chemerinsky to be very helpful and barely touched it for Con Law 1 outside of the commerce clause stuff. Can you talk to your teacher still? If all else fails, buying an outline or hitting up the outline bank at your school is probably the best bet.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby keg411 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm

ConLaw just sucks. Once you realize that, it makes your life easier. HTH, snowpeach.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm

beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.

I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.

Con law is weird, and I didn't find Chemerinsky to be very helpful and barely touched it for Con Law 1 outside of the commerce clause stuff. Can you talk to your teacher still? If all else fails, buying an outline or hitting up the outline bank at your school is probably the best bet.

I have quite possibly the worst teacher in existence, which I think contributes to my issues. Also, all the outlines i have are just case summaries. How one is supposed to learn from an outline like that, I have no idea. My problem is that my class is just First Amendment, so there were no CALI lessons, a lot of con law supplements don't get to it. But, maybe I'll order a couple books and pray they have it. Everything just seems so disjointed though. I'm like do I analyze the place of speech first, if it's content based, ect, ect. Do those things intermingle, are they separate? No idea.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby kalvano » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.

I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.


http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Constituti ... 073556518X

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Grizz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Me tomorrow at 7:30

Image

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7237
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 am

keg411 wrote:ConLaw just sucks. Once you realize that, it makes your life easier. HTH, snowpeach.

Conlaw is awesome, but I would probably hate it if I didn't do well.

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby snowpeach06 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Anyone have PR sample essay questions? I have 4 tests worth if anyone wants to trade.

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7237
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Taking admin and environmental at the same time was such a great idea. So much of environmental overlaps adminstrative law that it serves as a review of admin to outline environmental.

Transferthrowaway
Posts: 608
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:40 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Transferthrowaway » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm

How I feel right now:
Image

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby traehekat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Aight, now that the seminar paper is turned in and trial advocacy over, I can focus on my one final exam. I'm so glad I was able to foresee the horror that would be this semester and decided to take a ridiculously light load. 8 days to finish BA outline, study it, and take practice exams? Pretty sure that is doable. For a while I was feeling like I was completely screwed this semester. My grade in the seminar will no doubt be terrible, but luckily it's only 2 credits. Trial advocacy I think I did enough to get what I'm told pretty much everyone gets, a B+. If I can give a solid effort in BA then I could actually come out alr- woah was that Amber Rose on the side of that cab? She does ads now? ... What was I talking about again?

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby smokyroom26 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:How I feel right now:
Image


Me too. Ran out of time on this morning's exam . . . pretty sure I'm totally fucked.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:How I feel right now:
Image

Credited.

LOL T/F

LOL MC

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Can't wait to experience 3L exam prep.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

people have already started exams :-o

User avatar
smokyroom26
Posts: 253
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby smokyroom26 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


unfortunately. :cry:

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby traehekat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:
goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


unfortunately. :cry:


gross.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:07 pm

goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


First one tomorrow. Final one on Friday.

FUCK YEAH!

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby goosey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:18 pm

kalvano wrote:
goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


First one tomorrow. Final one on Friday.

FUCK YEAH!



wow youll be done before i ever even start. I dont know whether to be jealous or feel lucky. my first is on monday, second on thursday, third the following tuesday, and the final one on friday, the 23rd

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby as stars burn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

kalvano wrote:
goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


First one tomorrow. Final one on Friday.

FUCK YEAH!


I hate you. I'm stuck studying this bullshit until December 16.
Goosey, you go all the way up to the 23rd!?!?!! ohmygod, I feel for you. I also have 4 exams though; I don't think I'm going to have a "mastery" of anything because of my on and off studying for all these classes. I don't know why I kill myself like this.

Sidenote: why does Civil Procedure have to be so damn complicated!? My professor barely taught the last half of the semester. I feel like I'm going to get absolutely blind-sided on the second half of that exam. I have until Friday morning to figure it all out. Someone make me feel better. And why didn't I have to take this my 1L year??? fuck the 1L curve.

P.S. Where's the grade prediction thread so I can wallow in more misery?

User avatar
beach_terror
Posts: 7237
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

goosey wrote:
kalvano wrote:
goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o


First one tomorrow. Final one on Friday.

FUCK YEAH!



wow youll be done before i ever even start. I dont know whether to be jealous or feel lucky. my first is on monday, second on thursday, third the following tuesday, and the final one on friday, the 23rd

Won't be done until the 23rd either. Fuck having 4 exams.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby fathergoose » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:How I feel right now:
Image

So f*cking credited.

I forgot how awful exams are. I guess 8 months of boozing is a pretty effective way to repress things. Who knew




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: black lab, kensey, LandMermaid, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests