2L exam prep thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Postby beach_terror » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Motivation kind of returning, thank god. I just think of people in my class that I cannot let finish in front of me when this whole law school thing is done and over with, and I get annoyed and want to study more.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Does anyone have any advice on multiple choice law exams? I absolutely hate MC for law school exams. I'd write a thousand essays before I had to do MC. I'm starting to freak out about my commercial law exam :cry:

Edited a million times because I can't type.

Transferthrowaway

Postby Transferthrowaway » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

as stars burn wrote:Does anyone have any advice on multiple choice law exams? I absolutely hate MC for law school exams. I'd write a thousand essays before I had to do MC. I'm starting to freak out about my commercial law exam :cry:

Different strokes for different folks, but on MC exams, if I don't immediately know an answer I'll skip it instead of wasting time on it. Once I reach the end, I go back and do another iteration, then another etc. etc. until I have the entire MC section done.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Does anyone have any advice on multiple choice law exams? I absolutely hate MC for law school exams. I'd write a thousand essays before I had to do MC. I'm starting to freak out about my commercial law exam :cry:

Different strokes for different folks, but on MC exams, if I don't immediately know an answer I'll skip it instead of wasting time on it. Once I reach the end, I go back and do another iteration, then another etc. etc. until I have the entire MC section done.

--ImageRemoved--

Whatchu talkin bout Willis

denimchickn

Postby denimchickn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:22 pm

GAH! There are too many basketball/football games on today...

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Trying to re-do an entire outline in a day is suprisingly hard. Especially when you realized your initial one is useless. Bu, i feel as though i will not get it done, and then be chronically behind. I also realized I didn't outline an entire large section of this class either.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:27 pm

denimchickn wrote:GAH! There are too many basketball/football games on today...

+1

I did some work early but have been worthless since.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:51 pm

The panic still hasn't set in for me. I would really like it to, but it hasn't.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:The panic still hasn't set in for me. I would really like it to, but it hasn't.

Same.

jkay

Postby jkay » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:Retyping old outlines is hard work.

48 page evidence outline to retype. FML.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:07 pm

jkay wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Retyping old outlines is hard work.

48 page evidence outline to retype. FML.

I discovered there are several sections missing from the outline I'm working off of. WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO READ THE BOOK?!

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:28 pm

I just played video games for 2 hours.

Completely ignoring my closed book final.

It's so hard to care right now.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:33 pm

as stars burn wrote:I just played video games for 2 hours.

What game?

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Grizz wrote:
as stars burn wrote:I just played video games for 2 hours.

What game?

Alternated between Fat Princess (absolutely addicted to this game), and God of War III (my all-time favorite series so far). Amplitude and Frequency are also addicting (these are old-school...a lot like guitar hero but without the guitar)

td6624

Postby td6624 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:19 pm

well i've done half-assed outlines for everything. and looked through/thought about a practice exam for my first final.

so eh. whatever who cares.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Ok, I think what is stressing me out most about finals is not quite knowing when to study for what. I have a lot of it figured out, but i wanted to try to meet with some teachers re: exams, and that kind of messes it up, as does my take home final. Ugh. This really is stressing me out more than anything else. I need a personal life planner.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 pm

I JUST FINISHED MY T&E OUTLINE!!!!
YAYYYYY!!! such is the power of turning your wifi off :shock: :roll:

will pre-write answers off the outline [and using law in a flash] from 330-7...then outline fam law till 9 and then read for tax.

my god. I accomplished something. Maybe I wont crash and burn after all.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:10 pm

goosey wrote:I JUST FINISHED MY T&E OUTLINE!!!!
YAYYYYY!!! such is the power of turning your wifi off :shock: :roll:

will pre-write answers off the outline [and using law in a flash] from 330-7...then outline fam law till 9 and then read for tax.

my god. I accomplished something. Maybe I wont crash and burn after all.

Yeah, on the verge of finishing my admin outline. After that, just have to work on my environmental outline. May not see the first ever 1.0 gpa drop ever in the history of lawskool, hoorah.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:46 pm

beach_terror wrote:Yeah, on the verge of finishing my admin outline. After that, just have to work on my environmental outline. May not see the first ever 1.0 gpa drop ever in the history of lawskool, hoorah.

awesome.

yeah while I am not feeling utter panic just yet [dont know why], I take solace in knowing I am at least starting to accomplish things.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Anyone know anything about Copyright? Every time I start working on infringement, I get absurdly confused. It just doesn't make sense to me. You need to prove that someone did a right you are entitled to, but then on top of that you need to show copying in fact + improper appropriation. But those don't seem like the right analysis if someone just say, videotaped your work. Of course they had access to it and copied it, and of course it was wrong if the work is Copyrighted. Basically: is it just a three part analysis or what? I've never understood how they all fall together, but what i'm thinking is it would be like:
1. Did D do something P has right to do, if yes, move on
2. Did D copy the work - this entails direct copying or access + substantial similarity, if copied, move in
3. If copied, did they improperly appropriate the work - this looks at if they copied protected expression (so you use the abstraction test to filter out non protected elements) and then looks at if an ordinary person also agrees that the two works are similar?

goosey

Postby goosey » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:26 pm

omg.

my head might explode.

I hate when you THINK you understand a class..only to start working through problems and exam prep and realize you understand NOTHING

t&e is giving me a headache. damn you intestacy...why cant everyone just write valid wills.

jkay

Postby jkay » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 pm

....fuck

my

life....

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

beach_terror

Postby beach_terror » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:54 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.

Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.

dibs

Postby dibs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm

oh how i cannot wait to take my true/false PR exam...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”