2L exam prep thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
kaiser

Gold

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Post by kaiser » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

What the hell is 2L exam prep?

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:04 pm

kaiser wrote:What the hell is 2L exam prep?
60/40 Netflix/flipping through my outlines

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Grizz wrote:
kaiser wrote:What the hell is 2L exam prep?
60/40 Netflix/flipping through my outlines
50% watching sports/ 10% making outlines / 10% talking with people about how screwed everyone is in hopes of making yourself feel better/ 30% taking naps while maintaining that in the end the nap will make you "more efficient" and is overall a good idea in terms of exam prep.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:28 pm

beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.
Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.
I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:36 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Having fucking heart attack. Just get over being utterly confused in one class, only to realize I am also hopelessly confused in another class, and this one I don't even see how i can remedy it. Its one of those things where i get all the cases, but don't seem to have any clue of the tests, or when what applies, ect. Holy crap, I will die.
Supplements? I typically read and understand the cases on my own, and use supplements to craft my attack outlines, and supplement it with stuff from my main outline.
I already read Chemerinsky. For some reason it didn't help. Also bizarre because I literally do con law every single day at my work, and yet I'm struggling beyond belief in this class? What the hell is going on? I don't know if my brain is just ceasing to function as normal or what.
Con law is weird, and I didn't find Chemerinsky to be very helpful and barely touched it for Con Law 1 outside of the commerce clause stuff. Can you talk to your teacher still? If all else fails, buying an outline or hitting up the outline bank at your school is probably the best bet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:41 pm

ConLaw just sucks. Once you realize that, it makes your life easier. HTH, snowpeach.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm

beach_terror wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
Con law is weird, and I didn't find Chemerinsky to be very helpful and barely touched it for Con Law 1 outside of the commerce clause stuff. Can you talk to your teacher still? If all else fails, buying an outline or hitting up the outline bank at your school is probably the best bet.
I have quite possibly the worst teacher in existence, which I think contributes to my issues. Also, all the outlines i have are just case summaries. How one is supposed to learn from an outline like that, I have no idea. My problem is that my class is just First Amendment, so there were no CALI lessons, a lot of con law supplements don't get to it. But, maybe I'll order a couple books and pray they have it. Everything just seems so disjointed though. I'm like do I analyze the place of speech first, if it's content based, ect, ect. Do those things intermingle, are they separate? No idea.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Constituti ... 073556518X

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Me tomorrow at 7:30

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 am

keg411 wrote:ConLaw just sucks. Once you realize that, it makes your life easier. HTH, snowpeach.
Conlaw is awesome, but I would probably hate it if I didn't do well.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:41 pm

Anyone have PR sample essay questions? I have 4 tests worth if anyone wants to trade.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Taking admin and environmental at the same time was such a great idea. So much of environmental overlaps adminstrative law that it serves as a review of admin to outline environmental.

Transferthrowaway

Silver

Post by Transferthrowaway » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm

How I feel right now:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Aight, now that the seminar paper is turned in and trial advocacy over, I can focus on my one final exam. I'm so glad I was able to foresee the horror that would be this semester and decided to take a ridiculously light load. 8 days to finish BA outline, study it, and take practice exams? Pretty sure that is doable. For a while I was feeling like I was completely screwed this semester. My grade in the seminar will no doubt be terrible, but luckily it's only 2 credits. Trial advocacy I think I did enough to get what I'm told pretty much everyone gets, a B+. If I can give a solid effort in BA then I could actually come out alr- woah was that Amber Rose on the side of that cab? She does ads now? ... What was I talking about again?

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Transferthrowaway wrote:How I feel right now:
Me too. Ran out of time on this morning's exam . . . pretty sure I'm totally fucked.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Credited.

LOL T/F

LOL MC

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Can't wait to experience 3L exam prep.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

people have already started exams :-o

smokyroom26

Bronze

Post by smokyroom26 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:07 pm

goosey wrote:people have already started exams :-o
unfortunately. :cry:

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:09 pm

smokyroom26 wrote:
unfortunately. :cry:
gross.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:07 pm

First one tomorrow. Final one on Friday.

FUCK YEAH!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:18 pm

kalvano wrote:

FUCK YEAH!

wow youll be done before i ever even start. I dont know whether to be jealous or feel lucky. my first is on monday, second on thursday, third the following tuesday, and the final one on friday, the 23rd

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

kalvano wrote:

FUCK YEAH!
I hate you. I'm stuck studying this bullshit until December 16.
Goosey, you go all the way up to the 23rd!?!?!! ohmygod, I feel for you. I also have 4 exams though; I don't think I'm going to have a "mastery" of anything because of my on and off studying for all these classes. I don't know why I kill myself like this.

Sidenote: why does Civil Procedure have to be so damn complicated!? My professor barely taught the last half of the semester. I feel like I'm going to get absolutely blind-sided on the second half of that exam. I have until Friday morning to figure it all out. Someone make me feel better. And why didn't I have to take this my 1L year??? fuck the 1L curve.

P.S. Where's the grade prediction thread so I can wallow in more misery?

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 pm

goosey wrote:
kalvano wrote:

FUCK YEAH!

wow youll be done before i ever even start. I dont know whether to be jealous or feel lucky. my first is on monday, second on thursday, third the following tuesday, and the final one on friday, the 23rd
Won't be done until the 23rd either. Fuck having 4 exams.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:53 pm

So f*cking credited.

I forgot how awful exams are. I guess 8 months of boozing is a pretty effective way to repress things. Who knew

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”