2L exam prep thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
beach_terror

Platinum

Re: 2L exam prep thread

Post by beach_terror » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:42 pm

I have a 24 hour environmental law take home on Monday. Started and finished my outline for it this week. Just looked over last years test and sample answer and did about 75% of it in a half hour... got every correct. What the fuck. People last year said it took them 20 hours to do it all. Nervously confident right now.

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:47 pm

I don't even WANT to know tax. FUCK THIS CLASS!!!!!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:38 am

so..I spent the past two days studying for a pass/fail class bc i didnt do crap all semester and literally had to teach myself the whole class. I seriously could not tell you one thing we went over in class after the 2nd week of class.

wanted to spend this weekend on tax and t&e but i guess thats out of the question

exam is monday morning..hoping I can study for 5 hrs tomorrow and squeeze in 5 hrs of t&e

dont think i can get to tax until after mondays exam is over, but my tax exam isnt until the 23rd, so somebody please tell me that i have enough time :shock:

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:02 am

goosey wrote:so..I spent the past two days studying for a pass/fail class bc i didnt do crap all semester and literally had to teach myself the whole class. I seriously could not tell you one thing we went over in class after the 2nd week of class.

wanted to spend this weekend on tax and t&e but i guess thats out of the question

exam is monday morning..hoping I can study for 5 hrs tomorrow and squeeze in 5 hrs of t&e

dont think i can get to tax until after mondays exam is over, but my tax exam isnt until the 23rd, so somebody please tell me that i have enough time :shock:
Similar situation. Teaching myself all of corporations this weekend for Monday. Still don't know tax and its on Wednesday.

If I can do it. You can do it.

(caveat being that I may not be able to do it and it will remain to be seen if you can do it but lets not think about that.)

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:20 am

goosey wrote: my tax exam isnt until the 23rd, so somebody please tell me that i have enough time :shock:
:|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mirodh

New

Post by mirodh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:29 am

fathergoose wrote:
goosey wrote:so..I spent the past two days studying for a pass/fail class bc i didnt do crap all semester and literally had to teach myself the whole class. I seriously could not tell you one thing we went over in class after the 2nd week of class.

Similar situation. Teaching myself all of corporations this weekend for Monday. Still don't know tax and its on Wednesday.

(caveat being that I may not be able to do it and it will remain to be seen if you can do it but lets not think about that.)
Please, Please, PLEASE be in my corporations class...At least I know I won't be the only one without a fucking clue

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:42 am

mirodh wrote:
fathergoose wrote:

Please, Please, PLEASE be in my corporations class...At least I know I won't be the only one without a fucking clue
If you go to school in TX you might be in luck. If not, well...bummer.

mirodh

New

Post by mirodh » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:55 am

fathergoose wrote:
mirodh wrote:
fathergoose wrote:

If you go to school in TX you might be in luck. If not, well...bummer.
Henry Who? =-P

mths

Silver

Post by mths » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 am

mths wrote:I don't even WANT to know tax. FUCK THIS CLASS!!!!!
Just spent 14 hours on it. I have median knowledge of half of it. Another 14 tomorrow and I should be able to cruise the waves of mediocrity.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:38 am

Tax on Wednesday (pass/fail), Commercial Law on Thursday, and Legislation on Friday. It has been beyond awful trying to study.

Commercial Law (secured transactions mixed with commercial paper) is multiple choice. 50 multiple choice questions with fact patterns to be completed in 90 minutes plus a 90 minute essay. I HATE multiple choice so much. I don't know how I'm even going to be able to finish :cry:

P.S. I am getting flooded with requests for my Professor's tax handouts, haha. Serves me right, but I think I've helped enough people. Yikes!
Last edited by as stars burn on Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snowpeach06

Gold

Post by snowpeach06 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Ohh my god, I LOVE the internet. I just found a one page document while randomly looking for sample exams that says: here is exactly how you need to answer a First Amendment question if you are the government or if you are the speaker. And here are the counter arguments. And this is the one thing I couldn't get a grip on, so, I'm super excited.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 pm

My professor believes that every issue I broach on my evidence exam should begin with a 401 analysis. Are you fucking serious?

as stars burn

Silver

Post by as stars burn » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Where did my motivation go? It's gone.

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Haha, nice. I've been sitting here outlining random statutory provisions for my exam tomorrow just to keep busy... even though it's not really going to do much.

12/23... soon.

jkay

Bronze

Post by jkay » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:10 pm

Does anyone have a good issue spotting attack outline for conlaw (i.e. something like in the front of the book with the briefs keyed to Chemerinsky)?

My conlaw outline is huge, sprawling, and completely without focus. If you have one and are willing to share, you rule.

Ty Webb

Silver

Post by Ty Webb » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Someone help a dude understand a tax concept. Plz. Just one.

This is from my prof's exam from last year. Somehow I just can't really figure out exactly what he is asking or what the rule is.

Question:
Two has previously invested a significant amount in a new vessel which was designed to transport foreign sourced liquified natural gas (LNG) into the US Market. The vessel is actually owned through a 100 % owned entity, a Texas LLC, which is "disregarded" for US income tax purposes (Two LNG, LLC). Two LNG, LLC has purchased this vessel for the amount of 100x, financing the acquisition of this vessel with a nonrecourse loan in the amount of 90x. Two and Lender thought the interest expens and the principal of the 90x loan could be amortized with the charter revenue anticipated to be received for the vessel, but the worldwide market for LNG has become very depressed and the vessel is now idle. Accumulated tax depreciation for the vessel is 40x. The market value of the vessel has declined to 70x because of the market conditions. The principal balance on the loan remains at 90x. Two has indicated to Lender that it is abandoning its (indirect) ownership of the vessel (or its interest in Two LNG, LLC).

Provide appropriate advice to Two on the federal income tax effects.

Anybody?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:55 pm

as stars burn wrote:Where did my motivation go? It's gone.

I love this. Permission to borrow?

As for 3L, would not be so awful without required corporations. It feels like a serious waste of time for anyone headed PI.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:01 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:

Half of the law students I'm friends with on Facebook have already posted it, so I would say that it's fair game for all.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 pm

24 hour take home in the morning. I've done about all I could do to study so I think its time to go home and have a few beers and just call it an early night. Good luck to all.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Half of the law students I'm friends with on Facebook have already posted it, so I would say that it's fair game for all.
Give me credit-- I am *trying* to hide away and make myself care about shareholder litigation and indemnification provisions. It just... isn't going well.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: Give me credit-- I am *trying* to hide away and make myself care about shareholder litigation and indemnification provisions. It just... isn't going well.
What is this "caring" business you speak of

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

Two more days until my first final. Going to fail. Praying for median.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: Give me credit-- I am *trying* to hide away and make myself care about shareholder litigation and indemnification provisions. It just... isn't going well.
What is this "caring" business you speak of
Tell me about it. :arrow: 3L year.

My <3 and luck to everyone mid exams.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Alright, so what's the best way to deal with getting no-offered for the inevitable grade drop? Lie to friends who ask? Pretend you never had a job? Please advise.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:43 pm

Cupidity wrote:My professor believes that every issue I broach on my evidence exam should begin with a 401 analysis. Are you fucking serious?
Lolz. Because, you know, opposing counsel is going to object on the basis that your evidence is irrelevant for every single thing you try to introduce.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”