Might actually fail the MPRE Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
purr se

New

Re: Might actually fail the MPRE

Post by purr se » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:38 pm

MBZags wrote:101. Lollerskates, I think I guessed on about 50-55 questions.
Samsies.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:44 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Dignan wrote:I did not study for the exam at all. In fact, I did not (and still do not) know what the acronym "MPRE" stands for. The night before the exam, I was in a major car accident. I suffered multiple compound fractures. I took the exam heavily sedated, with a morphine drip. About 40 minutes into the exam, I literally passed our for about an hour. I awoke and was able to complete a few more questions, but I still had 25 unanswered questions with five minutes to go. I just bubbled in "C" for the rest.

I got a 147.
Wow, that is crazy!
Where can one acquire some of this magic morphine?

Dostoevsky

New

Post by Dostoevsky » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm

listened to the lecture in the car, did 2 hours of barbri MC on my phone (the app is the best thing, ever)

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 am

110. Watch the barbri lecture, and read about half the barbri outline. Did about 1 full practice exam (untimed).

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 am

Dignan wrote:I did not study for the exam at all. In fact, I did not (and still do not) know what the acronym "MPRE" stands for. The night before the exam, I was in a major car accident. I suffered multiple compound fractures. I took the exam heavily sedated, with a morphine drip. About 40 minutes into the exam, I literally passed our for about an hour. I awoke and was able to complete a few more questions, but I still had 25 unanswered questions with five minutes to go. I just bubbled in "C" for the rest.

I got a 147.

cool. story. bro. You must still be on said drip.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:26 am

so everyone reporting here passed with flying colors although i guess people don't want to report if they failed

i'm still confused as to how the curving or equating or whatever works...if, like, 32-38 questions right out of 50 yields an 85, is it like every question after that that you get right gets you a whole bunch more points? i don't even know why i am saying this since i really should not give a shit, but i have to admit that i am curious about how many i got right

<<<<--------outed as insufferable gunner

Cuz

New

Post by Cuz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:23 am

I passed!!! :D :) :D
79 is my score & I need a 75 for my jurisdiction!! I studied for a week!! :!: :lol:

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I studied for 2-3 hours on a bus ride home and got 4 hours of sleep prior to the exam. 98. Felt like I got a total of 5 questions right walking out of the exam.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:32 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:so everyone reporting here passed with flying colors although i guess people don't want to report if they failed

i'm still confused as to how the curving or equating or whatever works...if, like, 32-38 questions right out of 50 yields an 85, is it like every question after that that you get right gets you a whole bunch more points? i don't even know why i am saying this since i really should not give a shit, but i have to admit that i am curious about how many i got right

32 questions correct out of 60 yields a score of around 85. ~27 questions correct out of the 50 which are scored yields a score of around an 85.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gamecubesupreme

Bronze

Post by Gamecubesupreme » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Welp, got a 69.

This is a combination of me barely studying for the test and being historically bad with multiple choices.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm

thesealocust wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:so everyone reporting here passed with flying colors although i guess people don't want to report if they failed

32 questions correct out of 60 yields a score of around 85. ~27 questions correct out of the 50 which are scored yields a score of around an 85.
Elsewhere I read it the 32ish does not count the ten experimental. It seems weird to include the ten experimental questions in advising people how many they need to answer correctly unless getting them right counts toward your score. It does make more sense to me that 27/50 = 85 because I only felt certain about maybe 15 questions but still got a 133.

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:51 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Elsewhere I read it the 32ish does not count the ten experimental. It seems weird to include the ten experimental questions in advising people how many they need to answer correctly unless getting them right counts toward your score. It does make more sense to me that 27/50 = 85 because I only felt certain about maybe 15 questions but still got a 133.
(Prep companies use the "## out of 60" because the test taker should not be attempting to guess which questions are experimental.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”