Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby Extension_Cord » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:06 pm

hexyz wrote:I dropped out approximately a year ago because I knew the law was not for me.

I'm now half-way through a 2nd BS in Computer Science.

I may pursue an MS in Computer Science, but I haven't decided.

Before law school, I worked in the food services industry for minimum wage plus tips as I prepped for the LSAT.

Do I regret dropping out of law school? Hell no!

Dropping out of law school has been the best thing I've ever done. I dropped out during finals weeks. Put it this way, as everyone was sitting in class taking their Property final, I walked out the door as soon as the final was given to me. The entire classed just stared at me. The proctor was in shock that I was just walking-out to the point that he asked me "Are you serious?" when I told him I was done with my exam 5-minutes after he told me to begin.

As far as my career now, I'm either going to get into video game design, or work for an internet security firm that specializes in computer viruses.

If Symantec sounds familiar, then that's where I hope to be employed.

I haven't told anyone I dropped out of law school, and don't plan on telling anyone just yet.

My advice to you is to go to your finals, pretend you are going to take them, turn in blank sheets of paper or upload blank files for every final, and just walk-out of class 5 minutes after everyone starts their finals. It's great! Makes for epic law school tales!

If possible, I would suggest that you answer your finals in the following manner (assuming you are dropping out):

Gee...[insert first name of professor here],

This hypothetical scenario that you are using for the final is so ridiculous and unimaginable that I won't justify it's absurdness with a coherent and well thought-out response.

Why don't you answer it for me, and I'll review your work for accuracy, and then I'll just turn in your response as my answer. After all, this is how the legal profession works in the real world!


Your truly,

[Insert your name here]

P.S. I'm glad my massive student debt has allowed you to maintain a very comfortable living.


Why are you visiting a law school forum if you dropped out a year ago?

Thats horrible advise, because if someone actually writes that they are only hurting themselves. First you fail the exam, you have academic dishonesty involved (telling professor your name on the exam) and arguably causing a distraction when all the other nervous 1Ls are taking their exams.

hexyz
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby hexyz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:10 pm

TempleU555555 wrote:
hexyz wrote:I dropped out approximately a year ago because I knew the law was not for me.

I'm now half-way through a 2nd BS in Computer Science.

I may pursue an MS in Computer Science, but I haven't decided.

Before law school, I worked in the food services industry for minimum wage plus tips as I prepped for the LSAT.

Do I regret dropping out of law school? Hell no!




what school were u at? just curious..


Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, Ca.

hexyz
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby hexyz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:
hexyz wrote:I dropped out approximately a year ago because I knew the law was not for me.

I'm now half-way through a 2nd BS in Computer Science.

I may pursue an MS in Computer Science, but I haven't decided.

Before law school, I worked in the food services industry for minimum wage plus tips as I prepped for the LSAT.

Do I regret dropping out of law school? Hell no!

Dropping out of law school has been the best thing I've ever done. I dropped out during finals weeks. Put it this way, as everyone was sitting in class taking their Property final, I walked out the door as soon as the final was given to me. The entire classed just stared at me. The proctor was in shock that I was just walking-out to the point that he asked me "Are you serious?" when I told him I was done with my exam 5-minutes after he told me to begin.

As far as my career now, I'm either going to get into video game design, or work for an internet security firm that specializes in computer viruses.

If Symantec sounds familiar, then that's where I hope to be employed.

I haven't told anyone I dropped out of law school, and don't plan on telling anyone just yet.

My advice to you is to go to your finals, pretend you are going to take them, turn in blank sheets of paper or upload blank files for every final, and just walk-out of class 5 minutes after everyone starts their finals. It's great! Makes for epic law school tales!

If possible, I would suggest that you answer your finals in the following manner (assuming you are dropping out):

Gee...[insert first name of professor here],

This hypothetical scenario that you are using for the final is so ridiculous and unimaginable that I won't justify it's absurdness with a coherent and well thought-out response.

Why don't you answer it for me, and I'll review your work for accuracy, and then I'll just turn in your response as my answer. After all, this is how the legal profession works in the real world!


Your truly,

[Insert your name here]

P.S. I'm glad my massive student debt has allowed you to maintain a very comfortable living.


Why are you visiting a law school forum if you dropped out a year ago?

Thats horrible advise, because if someone actually writes that they are only hurting themselves. First you fail the exam, you have academic dishonesty involved (telling professor your name on the exam) and arguably causing a distraction when all the other nervous 1Ls are taking their exams.


advice***


"Why are you visiting a law school forum if you dropped out a year ago?

My response:
Gee...[insert first name of person asking question here],

This question is so ridiculous and unimaginable that I won't justify it's absurdness with a coherent and well thought-out response.

Why don't you answer it for me, and I'll review your work for accuracy, and then I'll just turn in your response as my answer. After all, this is how the legal profession works in the real world!

DebtandTaxes
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby DebtandTaxes » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:18 pm

hexyz wrote:I dropped out approximately a year ago because I knew the law was not for me.

I'm now half-way through a 2nd BS in Computer Science.

I may pursue an MS in Computer Science, but I haven't decided.

Before law school, I worked in the food services industry for minimum wage plus tips as I prepped for the LSAT.

Do I regret dropping out of law school? Hell no!

Dropping out of law school has been the best thing I've ever done. I dropped out during finals weeks. Put it this way, as everyone was sitting in class taking their Property final, I walked out the door as soon as the final was given to me. The entire classed just stared at me. The proctor was in shock that I was just walking-out to the point that he asked me "Are you serious?" when I told him I was done with my exam 5-minutes after he told me to begin.

As far as my career now, I'm either going to get into video game design, or work for an internet security firm that specializes in computer viruses.

If Symantec sounds familiar, then that's where I hope to be employed.

I haven't told anyone I dropped out of law school, and don't plan on telling anyone just yet.

My advice to you is to go to your finals, pretend you are going to take them, turn in blank sheets of paper or upload blank files for every final, and just walk-out of class 5 minutes after everyone starts their finals. It's great! Makes for epic law school tales!

If possible, I would suggest that you answer your finals in the following manner (assuming you are dropping out):

Gee...[insert first name of professor here],

This hypothetical scenario that you are using for the final is so ridiculous and unimaginable that I won't justify it's absurdness with a coherent and well thought-out response.

Why don't you answer it for me, and I'll review your work for accuracy, and then I'll just turn in your response as my answer. After all, this is how the legal profession works in the real world!


Your truly,

[Insert your name here]

P.S. I'm glad my massive student debt has allowed you to maintain a very comfortable living.




You sound like a really big douche bro. I am tempted address some a few of your many horrible, and simply wrong, bits of advice. However, I am assuming/hoping this is a flame and even if it isn't, it is such a pathetic excuse for "advice" that it doesn't even warrant someone spending 5 minutes to explain why you are wrong.

hexyz
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby hexyz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 pm

DebtandTaxes wrote:
hexyz wrote:I dropped out approximately a year ago because I knew the law was not for me.

I'm now half-way through a 2nd BS in Computer Science.

I may pursue an MS in Computer Science, but I haven't decided.

Before law school, I worked in the food services industry for minimum wage plus tips as I prepped for the LSAT.

Do I regret dropping out of law school? Hell no!

Dropping out of law school has been the best thing I've ever done. I dropped out during finals weeks. Put it this way, as everyone was sitting in class taking their Property final, I walked out the door as soon as the final was given to me. The entire classed just stared at me. The proctor was in shock that I was just walking-out to the point that he asked me "Are you serious?" when I told him I was done with my exam 5-minutes after he told me to begin.

As far as my career now, I'm either going to get into video game design, or work for an internet security firm that specializes in computer viruses.

If Symantec sounds familiar, then that's where I hope to be employed.

I haven't told anyone I dropped out of law school, and don't plan on telling anyone just yet.

My advice to you is to go to your finals, pretend you are going to take them, turn in blank sheets of paper or upload blank files for every final, and just walk-out of class 5 minutes after everyone starts their finals. It's great! Makes for epic law school tales!

If possible, I would suggest that you answer your finals in the following manner (assuming you are dropping out):

Gee...[insert first name of professor here],

This hypothetical scenario that you are using for the final is so ridiculous and unimaginable that I won't justify it's absurdness with a coherent and well thought-out response.

Why don't you answer it for me, and I'll review your work for accuracy, and then I'll just turn in your response as my answer. After all, this is how the legal profession works in the real world!


Your truly,

[Insert your name here]

P.S. I'm glad my massive student debt has allowed you to maintain a very comfortable living.




You sound like a really big douche bro. I am tempted address some a few of your many horrible, and simply wrong, bits of advice. However, I am assuming/hoping this is a flame and even if it isn't, it is such a pathetic excuse for "advice" that it doesn't even warrant someone spending 5 minutes to explain why you are wrong.



It's not a flame, "broh-skey."

It is the cold-hard truth. View my perspective from someone that knew they would never return to law school -- ever! Also, I didn't give a crap about offending anyone at my law school out of any alleged moral concerns.

I owe nothing to the world, and must simply ensure my own survival.

Although I do wish I had told off my law professors on my exams, I regrettably did not write anything and just uploaded blank documents.

For all of you who read my response, and assume it borders on academic dishonesty, get real. The profs have many ways to find out who is who when it comes to grading exams.

As we like to say in the cyber-world: Anonymity is dead!

Secondly, I'm not sure what exactly you meant because your response is a bit strange.

hexyz
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Pretty Sure I'm Dropping Out/Quick Question

Postby hexyz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm

maxm2764 wrote:The title says it all. After fighting this feeling for the past three months, I have decided law school is not the right place for me. This isn't a knock on anyone else, it's just personally not a good fit for me.

Anyways my question is, is there any benefit as to dropping out now vs. at the end of the semester? I was pretty set on still trying to do well on exams even though I am planning on leaving, but today all I could think about was leaving and barely paid attention to my work. Obviously, the tuition is a sunk cost one way or the other so that is not really part of my consideration.

Should I stick it out until after exams and then pack it up, or does leaving now have any real benefit/detriment?


Drop out after a particular financial aid deadline passes, so that you will not have to return any financial aid to the law school. So that means that you drop-out right at finals times.
However, if you officially try to drop-out at finals time, make sure to withdraw from your law school. This may present a problem because your law school may not let you drop-out because it is finals time.


So, blow your finals by shoving them up the profs' as*es, and then officially withdraw in the Spring '12 semester during the first week of classes. Do not accept any financial aid that you may receive for the Spring semester. After this, everything else is cake!

Good luck.

Read my previous response to you as I shared my experience of dropping out during finals. =-)

Cheers.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GeneralLawyer, Google [Bot], pd_1023, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests