Contracts - Knapp casebook Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Feelings about the Knapp casebook for Contracts:

Hate it.
12%
Sucks, but w/e.
29%
Average/Neutral.
29%
It's decent.
24%
It's awesome.
6%

Total votes: 17

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Contracts - Knapp casebook

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:20 pm

Does anyone else use Knapp for contracts? Is it just me, or does this one really suck to read? Or do all contracts casebooks suck?

SwampRat88

Bronze

Re: Contracts - Knapp casebook

Post by SwampRat88 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Our section uses it, with the general consensus being it's mostly garbage.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:07 pm

The end-of-case notes are kinda tedious to read, but I thought they had some pretty entertaining cases in there.

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Just wait guys. There are some truly horrendous casebooks out there. Knapp is the best I've had in law school. He lays out the tests and elements very nicely and straightforwardly after each case and explicitly points out ambiguities and the pressure points you should be hitting on the exam. Just wait till you have to read 100 straight pages of the history of possessory estates and future interests (none of which is still relevant) in Property in the Dukeminier book. Or if you're lucky enough to have Kaplan in Crim law and have to read ad nasuem about nothing that practicing criminal lawyers have ever thought about. Or you have freaking Sullivan for Con law and have 25 straight pages of squib cases (none of which your professor will focus on) and the facts of every full case edited out, so you have no idea what's going on. Most of the casebooks out there are pure garbage; Knapp is one of the exceptions in my opinion.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”