1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 pm

God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.

User avatar
AlexanderSupertramp
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby AlexanderSupertramp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm gonna need someone to hold me when I flunk Contracts!

thegrayman
Posts: 495
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby thegrayman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.


that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is

User avatar
Gettingstarted1928
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 am

thegrayman wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.


that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is


Multiple choice Qs are ridiculous. I don't know why a Torts professor would do this. It seems inevitable that he/she will end up having to throw a couple questions out.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 am

thegrayman wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.


that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is


Well, from what I've heard, his exam is AMAZING bar prep (way better than a normal essay exam). Problem is, I'd really like to not have a MC exam. Just no way to show off your Torts knowledge. I knew all year it was going to be MC (and I did not outline at all, since it's completely pointless).

Just sucks.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:28 am

Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
thegrayman wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.


that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is


Multiple choice Qs are ridiculous. I don't know why a Torts professor would do this. It seems inevitable that he/she will end up having to throw a couple questions out.


Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3224
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:41 am

joncrooshal wrote:
Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
thegrayman wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.


that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is


Multiple choice Qs are ridiculous. I don't know why a Torts professor would do this. It seems inevitable that he/she will end up having to throw a couple questions out.


Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(


What? Why would he test you about stuff you won't take until 2L or 3L?

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:00 pm

ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(


What? Why would he test you about stuff you won't take until 2L or 3L?


That's a great question that I wish I had an answer to.

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3224
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(


What? Why would he test you about stuff you won't take until 2L or 3L?


That's a great question that I wish I had an answer to.


Before I went to law school, I probably would've called bullshit. Now that I am a 1L I just say good luck.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:02 pm

ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(


What? Why would he test you about stuff you won't take until 2L or 3L?


That's a great question that I wish I had an answer to.


Before I went to law school, I probably would've called bullshit. Now that I am a 1L I just say good luck.


Unfortunately, I know for a fact that these questions are on it. I've heard it from 2Ls and 3Ls independently (including someone who posts on here and gave me a heads up). It's fucking bullshit and only serves who can guess better, IMO.

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby shock259 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm

My torts exam is 1/3 multiple choice and my contracts exam is 2/3 multiple choice.

And my school is too cheap to give us CALI lessons. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy an individual subscription yet.

User avatar
Gettingstarted1928
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

shock259 wrote:My torts exam is 1/3 multiple choice and my contracts exam is 2/3 multiple choice.

And my school is too cheap to give us CALI lessons. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy an individual subscription yet.


My school has them, but I'm not even doing them. Who has time for 'em with outlining, practice tests, supplements, etc.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 pm

I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.

User avatar
Gettingstarted1928
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:47 pm

ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.


Did you not go home for Thanksgiving?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.


Did you not go home for Thanksgiving?

I live at home :)

User avatar
Gettingstarted1928
Posts: 407
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:54 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.


Did you not go home for Thanksgiving?

I live at home :)


lucky. I thought I wasn't going to get much done at home, but I was more productive than I am at my apartment

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.


Did you not go home for Thanksgiving?

I live at home :)


lucky

Yeah, at the beginning of the school year I thought it would really suck and I'd be that lame kid living at home, but it's actually been great. I'm really happy I decided to do it.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12331
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby gdane » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:24 pm

There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Haven't been in the lawbrary and weeks, exactly for the reasons you guys are saying...could give a shit what everyone else is doing...got a good 4 hours in yesterday, and still feasted, so I feel pretty good

User avatar
ph14
Posts: 3224
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:33 pm

gdane wrote:There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.


What's that?

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:34 pm

ph14 wrote:
gdane wrote:There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.


What's that?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby alicrimson » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Last year's torts test taken today. After 3:15 minutes (will spend 4 on real test and subsequent practice tests) of me seeing issues, thinking some are stupid, writing them anyways, and then biting my nails, I have to say it wasn't that bad. I looked over the memo the teacher wrote, his checklist, model answers, and the grade breakdown. I expected a lot worse. It was pretty much solid negligence the whole way with two mini questions about common law pure economic loss and products liability. One thing this test did teach me though is that silly issues will get you points (atleast on this test it seemed to). Also that our test doesn't appear to be super time crunched. I almost wish this was our torts test. I finished nearly 45 minutes early. On the real test I think I'll take more time to check answers and to restructure my answer for prettyness and to fit the disgusting word limit (I did go slightly over. Surprise, surprise...though the model answer did too and he punished them but made note that they still were clearly the highest scored test. hmmm....). Plus, there's always that whole game day "OH FUCK!" for the first three minutes of a test but I am currently working on minimizing that. Overall, feeling pretty good even though I've increased the vyvanse dosage and no longer have any semblance of normal hands because pressure + meds= bitten up hands. Oh well...on to ks. Good luck everyone and congrats on not allowing yourself to be (completely) distracted by all of the fun/wonderment of the Holidays and family.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

dabomb75 wrote:
ph14 wrote:
gdane wrote:There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.


What's that?


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Do a lot of people actually take these things?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:37 pm

alicrimson wrote: Overall, feeling pretty good even though I've increased the vyvanse dosage and no longer have any semblance of normal hands because pressure + meds= bitten up hands..


holy shit

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Haven't been in the lawbrary and weeks, exactly for the reasons you guys are saying...could give a shit what everyone else is doing...got a good 4 hours in yesterday, and still feasted, so I feel pretty good

I don't pay attention to what people here are doing, in fact I'm the only person in this room right now. I only come here because I am so damn inefficient at home. My dog distracts the hell out of me and I take a snack break about every 10 minutes.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: perfunctory and 5 guests