1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13316
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby JenDarby » Thu May 10, 2012 12:23 am

leg reg final tomorrow. got drunk tonight. what can you even DO for that cluster fuck of a course? ! can't wait to interpret some statutes in a few hours.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

I would have been a mechanic.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:33 am

bartleby wrote:lol i have gone crazy forreal

but purely hypothetical, if you could time travel back to the weekend before 1st week of law school, would you do it

If the moon were made of green cheese, would you take a bite?
Would you rather be the top scientist in your field...or have mad cow disease?
If you were a hot dog, and you were starving, would you eat yourself?
Image

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Guchster » Thu May 10, 2012 12:53 am

If I had to go back in time before 1L I'd set this building on fire.


I wouldnt even piss on this hideous library to save a few books.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Thu May 10, 2012 1:04 am

If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Shammis » Thu May 10, 2012 1:21 am

Anyone have a good K's outline? Especially if you used Kaddish (shit of a text btw). Im trying to compare mine to a good one and my Prof is new so we're shit out of luck.

bdubs
Posts: 3729
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby bdubs » Thu May 10, 2012 1:23 am

Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.


Wow, weren't you one of the super positive people 1 year ago?

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 am

bdubs wrote:
Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.

Wow, weren't you one of the super positive people 1 year ago?

Yup.

User avatar
sundance95
Posts: 2123
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby sundance95 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am

Dany wrote:
bdubs wrote:
Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.

Wow, weren't you one of the super positive people 1 year ago?

Yup.

see? they did teach you to think like a lawyer.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby bk1 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:31 am

Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.


:(

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Lasers » Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 am

bartleby wrote:if you could do 1L over again, starting the first monday after your last final, would you? (assuming you didn't do well)

would you know everything you know now? would it be the same teachers? if so, i would in a heartbeat.

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby TTTLS » Thu May 10, 2012 4:25 am

Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.
So, so credited. Absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever. One of my superiors at work told me she has no sympathy at all since she warned me and knew I had read extensively about how bad the legal market truly is. I never thought school would be this bad though. I knew it would be hard work, but I didn't think I wouldn't feel any sense of accomplishment after surviving my first year.

Glad to be working again though. Hopefully I come back refreshed and drop this whole martyr attitude that has made me so annoying and unloveable.

User avatar
Lasers
Posts: 1576
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Lasers » Thu May 10, 2012 4:45 am

i don't feel quite as bad as you guys do...yet

get back to me in a couple months when i strike out at oci though. oh lawd.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13634
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Flips88 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:49 am

How I feel about submitting my write on piece now:

Image

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18422
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby bk1 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:51 am

Flips88 wrote:How I feel about submitting my write on piece now:


Glad you survived the hobos.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby crossarmant » Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 am

TTTLS wrote:
Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.
So, so credited. Absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever. One of my superiors at work told me she has no sympathy at all since she warned me and knew I had read extensively about how bad the legal market truly is. I never thought school would be this bad though. I knew it would be hard work, but I didn't think I wouldn't feel any sense of accomplishment after surviving my first year.

Glad to be working again though. Hopefully I come back refreshed and drop this whole martyr attitude that has made me so annoying and unloveable.

Maybe I'm the rarity in this field, but I've never enjoyed class or coursework as much as I have with law school work. I enjoy the way it makes you think and link things together, if it weren't for the fact they the grades pretty much control your entire professional trajectory I would find the exams actually somewhat fun. I really enjoyed my 1L year, at least in terms of the workload. I'm definitely not one of the people who would have never gone to law school if they could go back in time.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby cinephile » Thu May 10, 2012 10:24 am

Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.


Same here. And I don't think it's just exam stress, I really don't enjoy "thinking like a lawyer." I'm 90% sure I'm going to return to teaching and this was just a waste of time and $.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby piccolittle » Thu May 10, 2012 10:51 am

Lasers wrote:i don't feel quite as bad as you guys do...yet

get back to me in a couple months when i strike out at oci though. oh lawd.

Ditto. Probably because I haven't done any work all semester and have totally given up the idea of coming out of 1L with anything higher than a 3.0

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Guchster » Thu May 10, 2012 11:05 am

piccolittle wrote:
Lasers wrote:i don't feel quite as bad as you guys do...yet

get back to me in a couple months when i strike out at oci though. oh lawd.

Ditto. Probably because I haven't done any work all semester and have totally given up the idea of coming out of 1L with anything higher than a 3.0


There is no preparation that could've helped your grade for con law nor crim law. Get ready to type and bullshit and may the odds be ever in your favor.

User avatar
istara
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby istara » Thu May 10, 2012 11:15 am

Last exam starts in 45 minutes... too bad it lasts for 2 days O.o

*headexplode*

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby lawyerwannabe » Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 am

Didn't know if every school had a writing competition or not. It's nice to know that I have company.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby alicrimson » Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am

crossarmant wrote:
TTTLS wrote:
Dany wrote:If I could time travel I wouldn't go to fucking law school in the first place.
So, so credited. Absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever. One of my superiors at work told me she has no sympathy at all since she warned me and knew I had read extensively about how bad the legal market truly is. I never thought school would be this bad though. I knew it would be hard work, but I didn't think I wouldn't feel any sense of accomplishment after surviving my first year.

Glad to be working again though. Hopefully I come back refreshed and drop this whole martyr attitude that has made me so annoying and unloveable.

Maybe I'm the rarity in this field, but I've never enjoyed class or coursework as much as I have with law school work. I enjoy the way it makes you think and link things together, if it weren't for the fact they the grades pretty much control your entire professional trajectory I would find the exams actually somewhat fun. I really enjoyed my 1L year, at least in terms of the workload. I'm definitely not one of the people who would have never gone to law school if they could go back in time.



+1. For all of the whining I do about school, I do enjoy it. I like my sectionmates, the people in the 1L class, pretty much everyone I run into, and the work is interesting and challenging. I think the one exam to rule them all + super curve is what makes it seemingly unbearable at times. All in all though, I'm very pleased I decided to go to law school. Its what I've always wanted to do....though with lawyer parents whether that's nature or nurture is questionable. :lol:

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:36 am

Are there any good books out there I can use to prepare for citations and general write on help?

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13316
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby JenDarby » Thu May 10, 2012 11:55 am

Finals dont stress me out at all, but I'm not sure I would do LS again. I got drunk last night and it was greeaatt. Final today? DEGAF

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby lawyerwannabe » Thu May 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Guchster wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
Lasers wrote:i don't feel quite as bad as you guys do...yet

get back to me in a couple months when i strike out at oci though. oh lawd.

Ditto. Probably because I haven't done any work all semester and have totally given up the idea of coming out of 1L with anything higher than a 3.0


There is no preparation that could've helped your grade for con law nor crim law. Get ready to type and bullshit and may the odds be ever in your favor.


This feels spot on for CrimLaw but not ConLaw IMO. If you boil down ConLaw, it is actually much easier to apply than most other classes (compared to Contracts and Crim and Property).




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GreekOmega12, joman8390, JRA and 10 guests