1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jessuf

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby jessuf » Tue May 08, 2012 3:40 pm

finished finished finished!!!!!!!!!

more anal penetration without lube or kisses from con law but whaterrrrr. feels awesome to be done with 1L!

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Redeemed myself for my awful con law performance today in property. Sword raped the test.

Now con lawl, which is going to be absolutely HILARIOUS.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Tue May 08, 2012 4:34 pm

You guys and girls sure love your rape analogies ITT.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm

5ky wrote:You guys and girls sure love your rape analogies ITT.

yea that one turned my stomach too.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm

anal sex =/= rape

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Sword rape? We're talkin' 'bout sword rape? Not a game-notagamenotagamenotagame-we're talkin' about sword rape.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

yeah, sorry that was inappropriate and crude. i'm living off like 4 hours of sleep and fear here, people.

does anyone have any good crim practice exams? Mine is going to be mainly all statutory interpretation. Any tips for this kind of exam?

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Guchster wrote:yeah, sorry that was inappropriate and crude. i'm living off like 4 hours of sleep and fear here, people.

does anyone have any good crim practice exams? Mine is going to be mainly all statutory interpretation. Any tips for this kind of exam?

on this same note, does anyone know how to go about studying for a half essay half MC test that requires default CL and only MPC and Texas statute when noted? Do I just focus on the common law and since its open book, refer to the outline during the essay or should I just be well versed in both?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:23 pm

merc280 wrote:
Guchster wrote:yeah, sorry that was inappropriate and crude. i'm living off like 4 hours of sleep and fear here, people.

on this same note, does anyone know how to go about studying for a half essay half MC test that requires default CL and only MPC and Texas statute when noted? Do I just focus on the common law and since its open book, refer to the outline during the essay or should I just be well versed in both?

Are you limited to paper outlines, or can you use electronic? And do you use OneNote?

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Guchster wrote:Redeemed myself for my awful con law performance today in property. Sword raped the test.

Now con lawl, which is going to be absolutely HILARIOUS.

Yeah I thought that went pretty well... except for the various MCs I'm now realizing I got wrong. Did that minor kid reach majority before he died? My brain farted and I completely missed that. Idiot idiot idiot.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Tue May 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Googled sword rape, got this, am amused.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:05 pm

sundance95 wrote:
merc280 wrote:

Are you limited to paper outlines, or can you use electronic? And do you use OneNote?

just paper outlines that we created..though not sure she'd know that, but yeah paper only.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Ah too bad, I'da sent you my awesome C/L-MPC hyperlinked Crim OneNote notebook.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:11 pm

sundance95 wrote:Ah too bad, I'da sent you my awesome C/L-MPC hyperlinked Crim OneNote notebook.

cant i print that and use it like that? or is it a different formatting?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm

I mean, its useful because for each CL topic in my outline I hyperlinked to the analogous MPC topic, and from each MPC topic to the MPC provision, so that you could access them quickly via clicks. On paper it'd pretty much be a printed out model penal code.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 6:20 pm

sundance95 wrote:I mean, its useful because for each CL topic in my outline I hyperlinked to the analogous MPC topic, and from each MPC topic to the MPC provision, so that you could access them quickly via clicks. On paper it'd pretty much be a printed out model penal code.

oh well, thanks anyway. I think I'm going to continue studying by staring down the CL, and then hope there aren't many MPC/Texas stats on the test and if there are then just look at the outline.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Tue May 08, 2012 6:40 pm

DONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE

also, regarding the discussion on the previous page, we don't have proctors in the room at all. the prof hands out the test, leaves and then comes back at the end to collect them. we don't all automatically start talking when they leave...that's why it's called an honor code. :roll:

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:14 pm

lifestooquick wrote:DONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEE

also, regarding the discussion on the previous page, we don't have proctors in the room at all. the prof hands out the test, leaves and then comes back at the end to collect them. we don't all automatically start talking when they leave...that's why it's called an honor code. :roll:

yeah but the room those two were in is like one of those smaller study rooms. In a classroom all it takes is one person to blow the whistle on everyone plus not everyone in your class would be okay in helping their fellow classmates. Its different when those two are best friends

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue May 08, 2012 7:40 pm

So here's what apparently happened.

My section and another section were involved in this cheating fiasco. It appears that a 2L took pictures of last years exam, probably when he was reviewing it sometime last year, turned the pictures to PDF's and distributed those PDF's to certain people. The stuff that the cheaters received contained about 20, out of 60, multiple choice questions that appeared on this years exam. The questions apparently had answers to them. Although, this has not been confirmed.

First the dean of the law school told us that the best option was for the two sections to take a brand new Contracts exam this Thursday. Everyone freaked out. People started bitching and whining, etc. I was ok with the idea, but I felt good about my performance on my first exam so I would have preferred not to take another one.

In the end, the dean decided that what was going to happen was that the professor was going to grade the exams like he normally would, then he was going to run some fancy statistical analysis to determine if there were any irregularities, and he would figure the grades out based off of the stats he runs.

So, we dont have to retake the exam, but its possible that our grades will be really skewered or at least may not be quite accurate. But, according to the dean, this is the consequence we are taking by deciding not to retake the Contracts exam.

As for the cheaters, there are rumors that some people know who they are, but noone seems to be coming forward. The dean urged everyone to name names if they knew, for everyones sake. I saw one person talking privately with the dean. So, one of the perps may have come forth. Although, apparently most of the cheaters were in the other section and very few came from my section.

Today just kind of sucked. I'm done with the first year and I think I did well on my Con law final, but this whole cheating thing put a big cloud on the end of the semester. Plus, there was a terrible thunderstorm for most of the day today. So, the day was gloomy and just not a very happy one. I myself feel kinda bleh about everything. But, we'll see what happens. I just want to forget about this whole cheating thing and enjoy the fact that Im done with 1L. :)

angrybird

Postby angrybird » Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm

gdane wrote:So here's what apparently happened.

My section and another section were involved in this cheating fiasco. It appears that a 2L took pictures of last years exam, probably when he was reviewing it sometime last year, turned the pictures to PDF's and distributed those PDF's to certain people. The stuff that the cheaters received contained about 20, out of 60, multiple choice questions that appeared on this years exam. The questions apparently had answers to them. Although, this has not been confirmed.

First the dean of the law school told us that the best option was for the two sections to take a brand new Contracts exam this Thursday. Everyone freaked out. People started bitching and whining, etc. I was ok with the idea, but I felt good about my performance on my first exam so I would have preferred not to take another one.

In the end, the dean decided that what was going to happen was that the professor was going to grade the exams like he normally would, then he was going to run some fancy statistical analysis to determine if there were any irregularities, and he would figure the grades out based off of the stats he runs.

So, we dont have to retake the exam, but its possible that our grades will be really skewered or at least may not be quite accurate. But, according to the dean, this is the consequence we are taking by deciding not to retake the Contracts exam.

As for the cheaters, there are rumors that some people know who they are, but noone seems to be coming forward. The dean urged everyone to name names if they knew, for everyones sake. I saw one person talking privately with the dean. So, one of the perps may have come forth. Although, apparently most of the cheaters were in the other section and very few came from my section.

Today just kind of sucked. I'm done with the first year and I think I did well on my Con law final, but this whole cheating thing put a big cloud on the end of the semester. Plus, there was a terrible thunderstorm for most of the day today. So, the day was gloomy and just not a very happy one. I myself feel kinda bleh about everything. But, we'll see what happens. I just want to forget about this whole cheating thing and enjoy the fact that Im done with 1L. :)

damn dude, that really sucks. i hope you don't get caught.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Tue May 08, 2012 7:48 pm

gdane wrote:So here's what apparently happened.

This wouldn't be an issue if the professors would just write new exams.

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Apparently our contracts professor reuses questions because he knows they "work." He has a question bank. Thats the reason why he does not hand out his past exams.

Im just trusting him. Apparently he's really good at this statistical analysis stuff and they are also going to send these exams to the math department so they can run further analysis on them. Its like a big science experiment. Haha.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

gdane wrote:Apparently our contracts professor reuses questions because he knows they "work." He has a question bank. Thats the reason why he does not hand out his past exams.

Im just trusting him. Apparently he's really good at this statistical analysis stuff and they are also going to send these exams to the math department so they can run further analysis on them. Its like a big science experiment. Haha.

I hope they catch them. That's blantantly dishonest and they should all be kicked out.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:49 pm

gdane wrote:Apparently our contracts professor reuses questions because he knows they "work." He has a question bank. Thats the reason why he does not hand out his past exams.

Shouldn't be too hard; if there are exams that crush every one of the old questions but not the new ones, the cheaters will be confronted and will probably crack.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Hopefully he is good at the statistical stuff. Theoretically, if he looks up the questions that were used last year, then runs an analysis on which students got all or most of those right, then he's got a good chance of catching them. Particularly if they didn't do well on the other questions.

But there's a lot of variables and I'm sure a lot of it will be grey, particularly if most people did really well on all of the questions. Would hate for someone innocent to get caught in the crosshairs.

Maybe they;ll combine the stats with confessions/people getting ratted out. Even if they just take down like half the cheaters, that sends a pretty strong message.

Sucks that you have to go through that, though. I would have honestly rather taken another final, too. Just to be sure.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”