1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lasers

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Lasers » Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 am

last final in 12 hours. wooot.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 am

Civ Pro in slightly more than 24 hours.

Not prepared for this shitshow.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue May 08, 2012 6:22 am

Haha all my resolve disappeared and I just slept for 4 hours. Okay, time to get serious.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 am

Last final starts in 30 minutes. ALMOST DONE.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Tue May 08, 2012 9:15 am

The bad grade nightmares are not ending. :( This is getting really stupid. Has anyone ever had these things before?

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 am

alicrimson wrote:The bad grade nightmares are not ending. :( This is getting really stupid. Has anyone ever had these things before?

Man not to be negative, but you sound really really tightly wound based on what I've read ITT. I think you just need to force yourself to think more positively, and failing that, start drinking brown liquors that end in -ky or -key

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Tue May 08, 2012 9:23 am

sundance95 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:The bad grade nightmares are not ending. :( This is getting really stupid. Has anyone ever had these things before?

Man not to be negative, but you sound really really tightly wound based on what I've read ITT. I think you just need to force yourself to think more positively, and failing that, start drinking brown liquors that end in -ky or -key

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I should and need to tone it down. I've more or less been using tls as the dumping ground of anxiety because I don't want to be "that kid" in my section/group of friends. My bad guys.

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:33 am

alicrimson wrote:
sundance95 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I should and need to tone it down. I've more or less been using tls as the dumping ground of anxiety because I don't want to be "that kid" in my section/group of friends. My bad guys.

No need to apologize, that's what the thread is for. Sometimes 'getting it all out' is cathartic and helps reduce overall anxiety, but other times it can just breed even more anxiety, and in your case it seems like the latter.

Are you finished for the semester? If so, its out of your hands at this point, and start doing something you enjoy, whatever that is: running, biking, w/e. If not, just focus on what you can still control, which is the next test.

istara

Postby istara » Tue May 08, 2012 9:39 am

I don't know... I tried to drown the bad-dream nightmares in beer and wine last night. All I ended up with was bad dreams and a headache. 2 days to learn Crim Pro, then done...

IthinkIcanIthinkIcanIthinkIcan...

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 am

I just found out that some people had alittle bit of an advantage when it came to our con law final. Apparently all of the "Special" students who get to take their test in a separate room because of their learning disabilities got paired up in smaller rooms where there wasn't a procter. and I'm betting alot of those people cheated on the test.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Tue May 08, 2012 9:57 am

merc280 wrote:I just found out that some people had alittle bit of an advantage when it came to our con law final. Apparently all of the "Special" students who get to take their test in a separate room because of their learning disabilities got paired up in smaller rooms where there wasn't a procter. and I'm betting alot of those people cheated on the test.

Do you think people would do this? We have take homes and I have a hard time believing people would do this because usually you need all of the time to take the test. I know I would never cheat, but if I had to talk things over with someone during a test, I would not be able to finish. Also, the test is still curved and I would not trust anyone enough to do that. Plus, how would one even bring that up with another person. I know if someone even posed the idea to me, I would likely turn them in. I know that may be gunnerish, but cheating is kind of a big deal. Hopefully your classmates feel similarly.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:21 am

alicrimson wrote:
merc280 wrote:I just found out that some people had alittle bit of an advantage when it came to our con law final. Apparently all of the "Special" students who get to take their test in a separate room because of their learning disabilities got paired up in smaller rooms where there wasn't a procter. and I'm betting alot of those people cheated on the test.

Do you think people would do this? We have take homes and I have a hard time believing people would do this because usually you need all of the time to take the test. I know I would never cheat, but if I had to talk things over with someone during a test, I would not be able to finish. Also, the test is still curved and I would not trust anyone enough to do that. Plus, how would one even bring that up with another person. I know if someone even posed the idea to me, I would likely turn them in. I know that may be gunnerish, but cheating is kind of a big deal. Hopefully your classmates feel similarly.

the problem is that they were part of the "Retarded" group that gets extra time on their test due to their made up learning disabilities. both of the students were not only super close friends, but studied in the same study group for the exam for a few weeks so there's no doubt in my mind that not only did they ask each other questions but heck they probably took out their outlines on their phones since there wasn't a proctor in their room, nor did anyone come to check on them for 5 hours.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am

alicrimson wrote:
sundance95 wrote:

Hahah, honestly, do not feel bad, I think almost everyone ITT is "that kid". This place is a breeding ground for the over-achiever who is paranoid about B's and gets overly stressed. We're all in the same boat. God knows I've complained my heart out a little too much on here too.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 am

merc280 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:

the problem is that they were part of the "Retarded" group that gets extra time on their test due to their made up learning disabilities. both of the students were not only super close friends, but studied in the same study group for the exam for a few weeks so there's no doubt in my mind that not only did they ask each other questions but heck they probably took out their outlines on their phones since there wasn't a proctor in their room, nor did anyone come to check on them for 5 hours.

Did you really just call a group students with learning disabilities the "retarded" group?

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:28 am

ilovesf wrote:
merc280 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:

Did you really just call a group students with learning disabilities the "retarded" group?

oh no sorry I should change that. There' s a group in my class that have worked the system and have gotten their family doctors to let the school know they are dyslexic and have learning disabilities when in fact they don't have brag all the time about how they are working the system.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 08, 2012 1:54 pm

DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:12 pm

merc280 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Did you really just call a group students with learning disabilities the "retarded" group?

oh no sorry I should change that. There' s a group in my class that have worked the system and have gotten their family doctors to let the school know they are dyslexic and have learning disabilities when in fact they don't have brag all the time about how they are working the system.

Turn on the hate. The learning disabled is a tough call. If their disability TRULY impairs performance then I can see it as justified. However, I know some people who get extra time and are pretty good students. It's impossible to tell if it's because they get more time or if they deserve the grade due to ability. I'll let the administration decide (and they decide to keep those programs going.)

On a different issue: It's extremely easy to cheat on take home exams. That's one of my biggest problems with take home exams. Basically any friend can collude with another friend. I would bet a ton of money that at least a couple people in my Immigration class are cheating by helping each other on the multiple choice or with issue spotting on the final essay. This gives a blatant advantage to them and there is essentially no way to detect it.

But, whatever. I can't do anything about either of those issues so I don't dwell on them.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:13 pm

ilovesf wrote:DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

P.S. Cutting it a little close don't you think? :?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 08, 2012 2:16 pm

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

P.S. Cutting it a little close don't you think? :?

Turned it in with 10 minutes to spare :wink:

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:25 pm

crim law open book exam tomorrow. Prof said default Common law, unless asking for Texas statute. Getting my information in a decent organization is taking far too long. Might just highlight, staple and just use that instead of organizing it according to the syllabus.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Take home final due in 48 hours. No resolve.

UGH

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm

last one in just about over an hour. the beautiful end is in sight.

$peppercorn

Postby $peppercorn » Tue May 08, 2012 3:15 pm

shock259 wrote:Take home final due in 48 hours. No resolve.

UGH

Yes... My last final is a 24 hour take home. It begins tomorrow and I've got nothing left in the tank...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Lasers wrote:last one in just about over an hour. the beautiful end is in sight.

good luck :)

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue May 08, 2012 3:18 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:last one in just about over an hour. the beautiful end is in sight.

good luck :)

thank you very much. will need it. :D

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”