1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
gdane

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby gdane » Mon May 07, 2012 10:26 pm

The people in my section are fuckers. Apparently some may have cheated on our Contracts exam by getting some of the questions beforehand.

I knew some people were cheating when they left the room to use the restroom 4 times in an hour, but golly! I had no idea this was going on.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Mon May 07, 2012 10:27 pm

gdane wrote:The people in my section are fuckers. Apparently some may have cheated on our Contracts exam by getting some of the questions beforehand.

I knew some people were cheating when they left the room to use the restroom 4 times in an hour, but golly! I had no idea this was going on.

How do you even get the questions ahead of time?

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon May 07, 2012 10:29 pm

We're going to find out exactly what happened tomorrow. After our Con law final, our entire section is supposed to meet with the dean of the law school. I have no idea what she's going to say, but in her words there were "some irregularities" that she wants to "resolve swiftly."

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 07, 2012 10:31 pm

gdane wrote:The people in my section are fuckers. Apparently some may have cheated on our Contracts exam by getting some of the questions beforehand.

Apparently someone in my section (in another room so I can't confirm) cheated on my closed book final in con law last week by using an outline. Not sure if it is true, but if it is true it is complete bullshit and I hope somebody who was in the room calls him out. We all had to memorize that shit but this little fuck uses an outline?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon May 07, 2012 10:33 pm

gdane wrote:We're going to find out exactly what happened tomorrow. After our Con law final, our entire section is supposed to meet with the dean of the law school. I have no idea what she's going to say, but in her words there were "some irregularities" that she wants to "resolve swiftly."

id like to say i bet those people are shitting themselves and that it sucks to be them.. but in reality my guess is they have no idea who cheated and will just use words like "unprofessional/unethical/immoral" and then say soooo we will let anyone who wants to opt for this class to be pass/fail.. so the cheaters still win and you get to take the gamble of guessing whether you did well enough that you want to keep your grade.. thats just my guess tho

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon May 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Yea that shit pisses me off. You work hard to learn/memorize stuff and then the curve gets screwed up because one (or many) asshole(s) decides to cheat. During my open book Crim Pro and open book Civ Pro II exam, very few people left the room. But during contracts there were like 3 people that must have left the room at least 3 times. People started leaving the room within twenty minutes. There's something very fishy about that.

Anyway, Im hoping that wish all this cheating talk going around people will be discouraged from even attempting to look at notes in the bathroom or whatever during our closed book con law final tomorrow.

Sapientia

Postby Sapientia » Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm

which TTTs does all this alleged cheating occur at?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 pm

gdane wrote:Yea that shit pisses me off. You work hard to learn/memorize stuff and then the curve gets screwed up because one (or many) asshole(s) decides to cheat. During my open book Crim Pro and open book Civ Pro II exam, very few people left the room. But during contracts there were like 3 people that must have left the room at least 3 times. People started leaving the room within twenty minutes. There's something very fishy about that.

Anyway, Im hoping that wish all this cheating talk going around people will be discouraged from even attempting to look at notes in the bathroom or whatever during our closed book con law final tomorrow.

i still dont get how them leaving gives any advantage though? if you know the questions beforehand why not just memorize the answers? or were they like not even smart enough to remember them and just kept leaving to go look at them somewhere?

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Sapientia wrote:which TTTs does all this alleged cheating occur at?

Occurs at my TTT30.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:49 pm

gdane wrote:Yea that shit pisses me off. You work hard to learn/memorize stuff and then the curve gets screwed up because one (or many) asshole(s) decides to cheat. During my open book Crim Pro and open book Civ Pro II exam, very few people left the room. But during contracts there were like 3 people that must have left the room at least 3 times. People started leaving the room within twenty minutes. There's something very fishy about that.

I go to the bathroom 3-4 times in a 3 hour final. The adrenaline makes me piss like a motherfucker.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:32 pm

DONE!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

As for the cheating, let the bastards burn. Of course, nothing will be done. It's not like they can flunk 20% of the section. ATL would have a field day.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Mon May 07, 2012 11:46 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Occurs at my TTT30.

ours too

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon May 07, 2012 11:54 pm

cinephile wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Occurs at my TTT30.

ours too

how are all these people cheating on exams?? I cant imagine there being anything that would help outside of knowing the questions beforehand

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon May 07, 2012 11:55 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
cinephile wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Occurs at my TTT30.

ours too

how are all these people cheating on exams?? I cant imagine there being anything that would help outside of knowing the questions beforehand

Using an outline on a closed-book exam is cheating.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Tue May 08, 2012 12:00 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Using an outline on a closed-book exam is cheating.

so call them out?? if i saw someone using an outline on a closed book exam id raise my hand and say "kids got an outline on a closed book exam".. then id flip him/her the bird as they look at me with a "WTF?!?!?" expression on their face

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Tue May 08, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah, people at legit schools just steal transcript paper.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 am

kapital98 wrote:DONE!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

ahhhh!!!! jealous.

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 am

Exam in 9 hours. Enough time to learn stuffs? Me and some mozzarella sticks are about to find out.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 am

piccolittle wrote:Exam in 9 hours. Enough time to learn stuffs? Me and some mozzarella sticks are about to find out.

OMG, mozzarella sticks sound so good right now. #studyingmunchies

sknight323

Postby sknight323 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:34 am

The K exam issue occurred at a TT.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 am

Really curious to see how this gets resolved. Keep us updated. Sounds horrible.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 08, 2012 2:24 am

it's 11:23 and it's officially the latest i've stayed up working this year.. lol.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:35 am

ilovesf wrote:it's 11:23 and it's officially the latest i've stayed up working this year.. lol.

You're still working? :(

It's only been 4 hours and I'm already bored out of my mind. I'm using the time to post all my old photos and videos on Facebook.

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 am

BlueDiamond wrote:
i still dont get how them leaving gives any advantage though? if you know the questions beforehand why not just memorize the answers? or were they like not even smart enough to remember them and just kept leaving to go look at them somewhere?

we can't all be geniuses.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Occurs at my TTT30.
Supposedly went down at my school. They will be checking security cameras around the campus to see who did it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”