1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Guchster » Wed May 02, 2012 5:12 pm

Frantically, trying to learn crim law.

This is going to be a shit show

Image

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Guchster » Wed May 02, 2012 5:16 pm

But in between then and now is property.

Another:
Image

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

lol so creepy looking

sknight323
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby sknight323 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Trying to learn Crim Pro in a day and a half LOLOLOLOL @ my life.

LOLyer
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby LOLyer » Wed May 02, 2012 6:01 pm

Anybody else wanna kill themselves right about now?

I'm only slightly over the law review competition qualifier and I really need to hold up my GPA so I can enter the competition. Unfortunately I gave a poor effort on my Con Law exam (the class I had paid attention in best all semester) due to some personal problems. I can feel my GPA slipping and all I want to do is put myself out of my misery.

Also, I really hope it's just the stress that's making my hair fall out...

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:05 pm

LOLyer wrote:Anybody else wanna kill themselves right about now?

I'm only slightly over the law review competition qualifier and I really need to hold up my GPA so I can enter the competition. Unfortunately I gave a poor effort on my Con Law exam (the class I had paid attention in best all semester) due to some personal problems. I can feel my GPA slipping and all I want to do is put myself out of my misery.

Also, I really hope it's just the stress that's making my hair fall out...



maybe I should consider myself lucky because we have write on for all the students, regardless of GPA. but there's more pressure on me because Im trying to transfer so these tests will determine where im at in exactly 12 weeks.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby lifestooquick » Wed May 02, 2012 6:08 pm

I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm

lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

same here. We were told to pick up packets right after finals. And to bring money for printing costs of the packet.

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kapital98 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:18 pm

merc280 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

same here. We were told to pick up packets right after finals. And to bring money for printing costs of the packet.


Yeah, same thing here. "We're FREE!!!.... well, not really."

I only hope people rush through the journal competition in order to get to summer break. It will give a small edge to the people who really want law review.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

kapital98 wrote:
merc280 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

same here. We were told to pick up packets right after finals. And to bring money for printing costs of the packet.


Yeah, same thing here. "We're FREE!!!.... well, not really."

I only hope people rush through the journal competition in order to get to summer break. It will give a small edge to the people who really want law review.


Ugh, ours doesn't start until May 24th, and the Bluebook exam is on the 12th. It's like they purposely drag this shit out to make us miserable forever

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm so fried. No energy to go over my outline.

LOLyer
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby LOLyer » Wed May 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Really? Do none of your schools have GPA requirements for law review? I would be pissed if I did like a weeks worth of stupid bluebooking during the summer only to find out my grades dropped and I didn't qualify...

User avatar
TTTLS
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:09 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Property...

Image

LOLyer
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby LOLyer » Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

TTTLS wrote:Property...

Image


Stihl makes the best chainsaw.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm

lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

Yeah :( My last final is on the 8th, and our write-on starts on the 11th. I'm going on vacation then, so I'll be writing-on while in Europe. I can't really see myself making law review under these circumstances.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby lifestooquick » Wed May 02, 2012 6:55 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

Yeah :( My last final is on the 8th, and our write-on starts on the 11th. I'm going on vacation then, so I'll be writing-on while in Europe. I can't really see myself making law review under these circumstances.

You can do it! My last final is the 8th.Write-on is from 8th-18th. I move to DC on the 16th :| Meaning I have to finish write-on early and fit in packing and should probably fit in a date with my husband since I'm leaving him for the summer

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11742
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 7:00 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

Yeah :( My last final is on the 8th, and our write-on starts on the 11th. I'm going on vacation then, so I'll be writing-on while in Europe. I can't really see myself making law review under these circumstances.

You can do it! My last final is the 8th.Write-on is from 8th-18th. I move to DC on the 16th :| Meaning I have to finish write-on early and fit in packing and should probably fit in a date with my husband since I'm leaving him for the summer

So much to do, so little time! A lot of people I've talked to said it only takes around 3 days to actually do it, so I am not too worried about time. We 10 days as well (maybe even more I can't remember), so it shouldn't be too bad.

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12317
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby gdane » Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 pm

My school's law review write on is in July. :|

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:04 pm

i think we get like 3 weeks, but its like 19 internal sources, with 10 pages or something. Does anyone know where I get some bluebooking practice? I tried out for a secondary journal since they didn't have grade requirements and I didn't make it. I was the only one in the class out of the 10 people or so who didn't get an interview and I know people who got an interview that didn't do their sites correctly and had lower grades.

I think I might have messed up my cites pretty bad, and I don't want this happening for the journal since it fits pretty importantly into my future employment plans.

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:06 pm

oh and I'll be writing on for 3 schools and 2 secondary journals at the same time. The early write on for the school I want to transfer to has their write on right after the one at my current school but its before I hear back from them so gotta ry to write on even though I don't know whether or not I'll be going to the school.

Kinda like the #1 girl in the class last year. She didn't get into UT but got onto their law review, but then ended up getting into GULC.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby lifestooquick » Wed May 02, 2012 7:07 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:I keep thinking that after next Tuesday I'll be free...and then I remember that write-on starts as soon as my last final ends. Ugh.

Yeah :( My last final is on the 8th, and our write-on starts on the 11th. I'm going on vacation then, so I'll be writing-on while in Europe. I can't really see myself making law review under these circumstances.

You can do it! My last final is the 8th.Write-on is from 8th-18th. I move to DC on the 16th :| Meaning I have to finish write-on early and fit in packing and should probably fit in a date with my husband since I'm leaving him for the summer

So much to do, so little time! A lot of people I've talked to said it only takes around 3 days to actually do it, so I am not too worried about time. We 10 days as well (maybe even more I can't remember), so it shouldn't be too bad.

Yeah, I'm planning on it only taking 3-4 days. That's what everyone at my school has said too!

Enjoy your vacation!!!

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed May 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Lawst wrote:I just realized that on my recent con law exam I went through a whole substantive due process and also an equal protection analysis for a question and I don't remember ever mentioning "Oh, btw, these are clauses in the 14th Amendment." That's bad, right? FML.

Shit. I did the same thing. How much of an error is that? If your equal protection analysis is solid (this is where I forgot to say Section 1 14th amendment blah blah blah), how much of an error do you think this is? (I know it's professor dependent, but is it huge?). Currently freaking out now.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby crossarmant » Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 pm

Image
Crim Cramming

merc280
Posts: 627
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:03 pm

crossarmant wrote:Image
Crim Cramming



if only it were that easy. Like in the spongebob episode where he emptied his mind and learned fine dining in 5 minutes.

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby kapital98 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:14 pm

LOLyer wrote:Really? Do none of your schools have GPA requirements for law review? I would be pissed if I did like a weeks worth of stupid bluebooking during the summer only to find out my grades dropped and I didn't qualify...


My school gives a grade-on for the top 4 students in each section (~top 5%.) 16 people are admitted through a combination of the write-on memo grade + GPA. 16 people are admitted purely through the write-on memo grade. A few special snowflakes are admitted based on a more holistic approach.

This way all students can maintain the illusion of having a chance of getting onto law review... and then finding out, IN AUGUST, that we didn't make the cut. YEAH, we don't even know if we're on the journal until right before OCI.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests