1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jessuf

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby jessuf » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 am

I'm honestly looking forward to con law after my disgusting property final, but I think that's because my con law professor is amazing and my property professor is....

But hey, maybe I will get surprise butt sexed again. I have 5 days until I am done forever with 1L. CANNOT COME FAST ENOUGH

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 am

TTTLS wrote:Dear Students,

Bite the pillow. I'm going in dry.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Prof. Fubar

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 am

ilovesf wrote:
Guchster wrote:got my ass served to me in con law.

sucks, cuz I put in tons of effort with little sleep/making poor health choices.

oh well. few more exams to go, and 1L is done.

conlaw has now pwned this entire thread :( worst class ever.

Ours wasn't that bad. I'm worried for property though. I have also officially run out of all food except two jars of spaghetti sauce and a packet of onion soup mix.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 am

kapital98 wrote:
TTTLS wrote:Dear Students,

Bite the pillow. I'm going in dry.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Prof. Fubar

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How did I miss that. Fucking lol'd.

Addy

Postby Addy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:41 am

Any pacing advice from those preparing for the 24-hour online exam?

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 am

I have a property question and it'd be much appreciated if someone could help me.
If A,B,C have a joint tenancy and A wants to sell to D...it would normally result in A and B having a joint tenancy and then D would be a T in C.

In my notes I have that if ABC all sign then then D would be a JT because they don't have intention to sever. Wouldn't this destroy the unity in time? Or is this just the court realizing they could just use a straw man and making it more efficient?

Or option C, my notes are wrong :oops:

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 1:44 am

Addy wrote:Any pacing advice from those preparing for the 24-hour online exam?

I have one of these too :(

Addy

Postby Addy » Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 am

ilovesf wrote:
Addy wrote:Any pacing advice from those preparing for the 24-hour online exam?

I have one of these too :(

The good news is that the 5 hour online exam went in a flash. But 24 hours. . . that kicks it to the supersized level!

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 am

Good lord. My civ pro exam was totally fucked. Pure PWNage. I am shocked over just how brutal it was. The blood was pooling in the seat of my pants 30 minutes in. :( I am seriously hating life right now. Professor Fubar wasn't kidding.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Wed May 02, 2012 3:25 am

TTTLS wrote:Good lord. My civ pro exam was totally fucked. Pure PWNage. I am shocked over just how brutal it was. The blood was pooling in the seat of my pants 30 minutes in. :( I am seriously hating life right now. Professor Fubar wasn't kidding.

QFMeIn5Days

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 02, 2012 3:28 am

tedalbany wrote:
TTTLS wrote:Good lord. My civ pro exam was totally fucked. Pure PWNage. I am shocked over just how brutal it was. The blood was pooling in the seat of my pants 30 minutes in. :( I am seriously hating life right now. Professor Fubar wasn't kidding.

QFMeIn5Days

I have civpro in 5 days too. :(

I am going to head to school in a few hours and get in some Freer before my leg reg (lolol) professor holds a review session.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 am

i have realized that i have never, ever, benefited from a review session...

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 am

Lasers wrote:i have realized that i have never, ever, benefited from a review session...

The only real benefit for me is that they encourage me to get my fucking lazy ass out of bed and to school, where I study more. Of course this is still a toss up, just like my ability to attend class. :|

This is the first time my school has had leg reg, so my professor is as in the dark as we are about where this is going. I'm hoping she will reveal SOMETHING about the final since we have no practice exams, old outlines, etc.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Wed May 02, 2012 8:03 am

Crim Law Essay format Question

Say I have a homicide fact pattern, what would be the best way to lay it out?

I was thinking about this order:
A v. B
A is legally responsible for the unlawful killing of B
* Rule for homicide type
* Actus Reus/Mens Rea
* Causation (actual/legal)
* Conclusion

A is legally responsible for burglary
* CL rule for burglary
* Actus Reus/Mens Rea
* Conclusion

Is that all? It seems too simple and I don't know crim law, so I'm sceptical. I should probably talk about why it isn't a higher level of homicide also, where should I put that? Also, what about policy? Where is the best place to make policy arguments?

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Wed May 02, 2012 8:57 am

I just realized that on my recent con law exam I went through a whole substantive due process and also an equal protection analysis for a question and I don't remember ever mentioning "Oh, btw, these are clauses in the 14th Amendment." That's bad, right? FML.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Wed May 02, 2012 9:00 am

Lasers wrote:i have realized that i have never, ever, benefited from a review session...

I'm 50/50 on these. I've had at least two really good, through review sessions during which we as a class analyzed old exams and the prof told us how he wanted the exams to be written, more or less. Excellent.
Other review sessions have been awful, but yeah, they get me to school. Also, I'm afraid that I might actually miss something useful and my classmates will have a leg up on me. Actually, that's just law school in general.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed May 02, 2012 9:01 am

Mike12188 wrote:I have a property question and it'd be much appreciated if someone could help me.
If A,B,C have a joint tenancy and A wants to sell to D...it would normally result in A and B having a joint tenancy and then D would be a T in C.

In my notes I have that if ABC all sign then then D would be a JT because they don't have intention to sever. Wouldn't this destroy the unity in time? Or is this just the court realizing they could just use a straw man and making it more efficient?

If A sold to D, this would sever A's TIC. B and C would remain JT because the four unities for them are all there but D is a new guy and lacks these unities, so he would be a TIC. B and C would still have the right to survivorship. D would not share in this and his interest in heritable.

By a Conveyance of an interest a joint tenant converts the relationship to a tenancy in common as to his interest. If a joint tenant conveys his interest to a third party or to another joint tenancy, the joint tenancy is severed as to that interest

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:18 am

alicrimson wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:I have a property question and it'd be much appreciated if someone could help me.

If A sold to D, this would sever A's TIC. B and C would remain JT because the four unities for them are all there but D is a new guy and lacks these unities, so he would be a TIC. B and C would still have the right to survivorship. D would not share in this and his interest in heritable.

By a Conveyance of an interest a joint tenant converts the relationship to a tenancy in common as to his interest. If a joint tenant conveys his interest to a third party or to another joint tenancy, the joint tenancy is severed as to that interest

So question: If a Joint Tenant leases the premises, does that sever the joint tenancy?

Also new question: 7 years into the statute of limitations during an adverse possession, the possessed premises pass by will to the wife of the previous holder in a life estate, remainder in the son. If no action were taken for another 3 years (assume 10 yr statute), what does the AP take?

Kabuo

Postby Kabuo » Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 am

Civ Pro question about class actions. Freer says diversity in class actions is based only on the named parties. The statute says "any member of a class of plaintiffs is a citizen of a State different from any defendant." Is this one of those stupid civ pro things where the rule seems completely unambiguous but has been interpreted in some bizarre way in a case? Or is Freer wrong? Am I wrong?

Also, I thought just the named parties had to each satisfy the 75k amt in controversy but now that I'm reading the statute, it looks like the claim itself has to be over 5 mil?

Very grateful for any help. Thought Freer had saved my lazy ass the potential disaster of never paying attention in that class, but now it's looking bad.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Wed May 02, 2012 10:02 am

TWO(ish) MORE DAYS

akili

Postby akili » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 am

Hannibal wrote:TWO(ish) MORE DAYS

Amen. Friday is going to be a shitshow.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 am

Seeing a majority of my classmates studying around campus is just crazy. I know some of them still won't do well, but I feel like I stay in the library sometimes just to say I stayed the same amount of time. Need to stop doing that.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 am

Extension_Cord wrote:Crim Law Essay format Question

Say I have a homicide fact pattern, what would be the best way to lay it out?

I was thinking about this order:
A v. B
A is legally responsible for the unlawful killing of B
* Rule for homicide type
* Actus Reus/Mens Rea
* Conclusion

A is legally responsible for burglary
* CL rule for burglary
* Actus Reus/Mens Rea
* Conclusion

Is that all? It seems too simple and I don't know crim law, so I'm sceptical. I should probably talk about why it isn't a higher level of homicide also, where should I put that? Also, what about policy? Where is the best place to make policy arguments?

Don't forget about defenses bro. I don't know how your prof likes it, but if there's a murder in my fact pattern, I basically have to talk about how likely it is to be almost any kind of murder both CL and MPC, unless its REALLY clear it isn't one of them, in which case I would just write that in a line.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 am

I never benefit from Q&A review sessions, but I do benefit from 'overall review' review sessions. My torts review professor had a powerpoint and briefly went over all of tort law. I made my outline during that review and used it on the exam from his slides. Got an A.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 am

tedalbany wrote:

I never benefit from Q&A review sessions, but I do benefit from 'overall review' review sessions. My torts review professor had a powerpoint and briefly went over all of tort law. I made my outline during that review and used it on the exam from his slides. Got an A.

At this point in my torts study, and considering my exam is in 27 hours, should i just keep doing mbe questions or reading over the power point slides the professor has, which although he claims isn't an outline pretty much covers the course.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”