1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
MrPapagiorgio

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Tue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Jessuf wrote:I just was anally penetrated by my property final.

Ran here to post this about my con law final. He definitely did not use lube on us. The collective face on the class afterwards was somewhere between being punched in the gut and finding out that you got your sister pregnant.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Property final was pretty tough :( Was the first time I've feared that I wouldn't finish. Well, I mean, with essays there's almost always more to write but I almost didn't get to the last question - definitely the first time I've really struggled with the time crunch.

Now it's over! Onto a 28-hour take home Con Law exam that I'm probably going to start sometime tomorrow

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:28 pm

so....tired.....1 more final to go but I just want to rewatch all of game of thrones season 1 right now

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Property final was pretty tough :( Was the first time I've feared that I wouldn't finish. Well, I mean, with essays there's almost always more to write but I almost didn't get to the last question - definitely the first time I've really struggled with the time crunch.

Now it's over! Onto a 28-hour take home Con Law exam that I'm probably going to start sometime tomorrow

I had the same issue with ConLaw last night, though tbf, it was 2 essays each with 2 page fact patterns and only 45 min each to complete. Taking about 15 minutes to read through and figure out all the points, that leaves 30 goddamn minutes to spew everything you know... I am bracing for the blow in June.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 7:39 pm

Dear Students,

Bite the pillow. I'm going in dry.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Prof. Fubar

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Tue May 01, 2012 7:43 pm

merc280 wrote:
dreakol wrote:need MOAR torts practice exams :(

did you already do the ones on here?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qh1o9a71udvwhxn/y6aoPlLez-

yes. ty though.

$peppercorn

Postby $peppercorn » Tue May 01, 2012 7:58 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I just was anally penetrated by my property final.

Ran here to post this about my con law final. He definitely did not use lube on us. The collective face on the class afterwards was somewhere between being punched in the gut and finding out that you got your sister pregnant.

Lol

akili

Postby akili » Tue May 01, 2012 8:01 pm

This was really on point for a lot of people today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... b7-5K4xlb8

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 01, 2012 8:03 pm

We're allowed to bring in 2 sheets of paper to our crim final. A really smart 2L gave me the sheets she brought in last year and they are so awesome. YES.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue May 01, 2012 8:26 pm

ilovesf wrote:We're allowed to bring in 2 sheets of paper to our crim final. A really smart 2L gave me the sheets she brought in last year and they are so awesome. YES.

Care to share?

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

crossarmant wrote:
ilovesf wrote:We're allowed to bring in 2 sheets of paper to our crim final. A really smart 2L gave me the sheets she brought in last year and they are so awesome. YES.

Care to share?

+1, Since my final is open notes I could really use all the help I can get.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue May 01, 2012 8:42 pm

I tend to have trouble with my outlines being a bit too long. My leg reg outline looks like it will be about 15 pages. Yea...about leg reg.

We already had a really low amount of reading, as its a 4 credit class (as opposed to our other 5 credit classes) and only meets twice a week. Halfway through the semester she gave us a question about the class. Apparently a resounding majority complained there was too much reading (no clue how they felt that way). SO, in response she cut the rest of our reading for the semester. WE COVERED NOTHING.

Duke Silver

Postby Duke Silver » Tue May 01, 2012 8:49 pm

Completely fucked up my closed book property final. The main question was on an area I had a few gaps in my knowledge on, and while I covered both possibilities, I definitely came up with at least two wrong conclusions and spent way too much time talking about things based on those conclusions that did not matter. FML. So upset, I studied so much and somehow missed getting that area clear.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Duke Silver wrote:Completely fucked up my closed book property final. The main question was on an area I had a few gaps in my knowledge on, and while I covered both possibilities, I definitely came up with at least two wrong conclusions and spent way too much time talking about things based on those conclusions that did not matter. FML. So upset, I studied so much and somehow missed getting that area clear.

same here, well as of now, after accidentally talking to way too many people about the final yesterday turns out I missed a lot of the issues but it might be fine since a lot of people didn't finish the exam. According to our professor if you finish the exam early, then you definitely didn't get all of the issues spotted.

Also more bad news is that according to a guy who's top 10%, people have been trying harder this semester and just overall doing better than they were last semester. I realize this is nothing worthwhile or anything to base the amount of studying I do but just something to freak me out.

Torts exam in a few days and I seem to be getting the easiest things wrong. MC with 60 questions. Ive been doing practice MBE questions but I don't think it helps if I keep getting them wrong.

Duke Silver

Postby Duke Silver » Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 pm

merc280 wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:Completely fucked up my closed book property final. The main question was on an area I had a few gaps in my knowledge on, and while I covered both possibilities, I definitely came up with at least two wrong conclusions and spent way too much time talking about things based on those conclusions that did not matter. FML. So upset, I studied so much and somehow missed getting that area clear.

same here, well as of now, after accidentally talking to way too many people about the final yesterday turns out I missed a lot of the issues but it might be fine since a lot of people didn't finish the exam. According to our professor if you finish the exam early, then you definitely didn't get all of the issues spotted.

Also more bad news is that according to a guy who's top 10%, people have been trying harder this semester and just overall doing better than they were last semester. I realize this is nothing worthwhile or anything to base the amount of studying I do but just something to freak me out.

Torts exam in a few days and I seem to be getting the easiest things wrong. MC with 60 questions. Ive been doing practice MBE questions but I don't think it helps if I keep getting them wrong.

:( that's how I feel too. I feel like an absolute idiot for not realizing there was a gap in my understanding of the BLL. Which is what the question was on, and what I completely fucked up. I'm pretty sure everyone else had it down-- no one seemed to have trouble with the same issues. Blegh. Good luck on your torts final. Is it all MC? That's rough. Siegel's and the Q&A helped for mine last semester.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Duke Silver wrote:
merc280 wrote:

:( that's how I feel too. I feel like an absolute idiot for not realizing there was a gap in my understanding of the BLL. Which is what the question was on, and what I completely fucked up. I'm pretty sure everyone else had it down-- no one seemed to have trouble with the same issues. Blegh. Good luck on your torts final. Is it all MC? That's rough. Siegel's and the Q&A helped for mine last semester.

yeah its all MC. 2 hours long, and 60 questions. Siegals is something I left at home like 200 miles away so I might just have to buy it again. I did the Q&A today but only 2 of the things covered was in there. The current topics being covered this semester include:

premises liability
NISED
alcohol related injuries
torts involving pregnancy, birth, adoption
strict liability
joint tort feasors
immunities
SOL
nuisance
products liability

So if anyone has anything related to the above, it would be much appreciated because I need all the practice with the above stated doctrine as possible.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 01, 2012 10:08 pm

crossarmant wrote:

Care to share?

sure send me your e-mail via pm. it's 2 sheets front & back so it's 4 pages. my test is 100% going to be racehorse, where you just contrast jurisdiction splits in the CL with the MPC, so it's a bunch of notes about jx splits. If your class didn't focus so much on that then it might not be helpful but it could help.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I mostly blacked out during Con Law. Can't remember anything other than the fact that it was an ENORMOUS exam and I didn't stop typing once. I finished with about 5 minutes left but I'm sure I missed some stuff. No chance to read my answers - just spell check. I wrote about 6500 words in 3 hours, though. Let's hope some of it made sense..

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Tue May 01, 2012 11:35 pm

got my ass served to me in con law.

sucks, cuz I put in tons of effort with little sleep/making poor health choices.

oh well. few more exams to go, and 1L is done.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 01, 2012 11:39 pm

Guchster wrote:got my ass served to me in con law.

sucks, cuz I put in tons of effort with little sleep/making poor health choices.

conlaw has now pwned this entire thread :( worst class ever.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm

Have an open note crim law exam on friday. It's 75% essay, 25% multiple choice. I haven't studied at all, and I have a take home con law exam due on thursday. (Not Duke, LOL)

No idea what I should do.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Dany wrote:I don't have conlaw at all 1L year, so I guess I don't have to take it ever.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Extension_Cord wrote:Have an open note crim law exam on friday. It's 75% essay, 25% multiple choice. I haven't studied at all, and I have a take home con law exam due on thursday. (Not Duke, LOL)

crim outline from 2L to use during your open note test

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Tue May 01, 2012 11:49 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Extension_Cord wrote:Have an open note crim law exam on friday. It's 75% essay, 25% multiple choice. I haven't studied at all, and I have a take home con law exam due on thursday. (Not Duke, LOL)

crim outline from 2L to use during your open note test

Anyone have a crim law checklist I can use as a guide? We are only allowed to bring in 10 pages + our text book. Old outlines are all 40+ pages. Last year our prof only allowed the class to use notes with no book. He changed it this year.

drmguy

Postby drmguy » Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Guchster wrote:got my ass served to me in con law.

conlaw has now pwned this entire thread :( worst class ever.

There is no question about it. Conlaw is the worst 1L class.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”