1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Dany

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 am

Guchster wrote:
tedalbany wrote:I know this was posted last time around, but reposting for Spring exams ..

Law professors grading exams:
--ImageRemoved--
(Too big for imgur, don't want to resize... if it doesn't appear then I just don't care. Copy and paste it in the URL box or something)

this is the best gif I think I've ever seen

It really might be my favorite.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue May 01, 2012 1:05 am

tedalbany wrote:Are you serious? I thought you were Inc this whole time. Or maybe you are and are just being sarcastic.

I think I know who TTTLS is, and the person I'm thinking of isn't Inck.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue May 01, 2012 1:13 am

Dany wrote:
tedalbany wrote:Are you serious? I thought you were Inc this whole time. Or maybe you are and are just being sarcastic.

I think I know who TTTLS is, and the person I'm thinking of isn't Inck.

Yeah I was thinking of a completely different person based on the location.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 am

I've officially studied more for finals than I did last semester, and my first final isn't til the 7th. I guess I'll find out if effort really translates to results in my case. If I do worse somehow, I will be left to presume I'm better doing it live and will return to minimal effort.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue May 01, 2012 1:17 am

JenDarby wrote:I've officially studied more for finals than I did last semester, and my first final isn't til the 7th. I guess I'll find out if effort really translates to results in my case. If I do worse somehow, I will be left to presume I'm better doing it live and will return to minimal effort.

I love this. Will be appropriating it for my own use during finals this quarter.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 1:45 am

TBF, I don't even know who I am anymore.

Also, after the whole Duke thread, I feel a little paranoid about poasting much of anything again. :| Haven't had a scare like that in a while. Although I'll keep up the usual habit of browsing TLS for school. This site is a damn gold mine.

Dany

Postby Dany » Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 am

TTTLS wrote:TBF, I don't even know who I am anymore.

Also, after the whole Duke thread, I feel a little paranoid about poasting much of anything again. :| Haven't had a scare like that in a while. Although I'll keep up the usual habit of browsing TLS for school. This site is a damn gold mine.

:?: Don't post your take home exam questions on the internet where your classmates will see it and I think you'll be fine?

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 am

Dany wrote:
TTTLS wrote:TBF, I don't even know who I am anymore.

:?: Don't post your take home exam questions on the internet where your classmates will see it and I think
you'll be fine?
It was more that it brought back memories of trying to stay anonymous and blowing it. Of course, that person royally screwed themselves over because of their own stupidity.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 am

:?:

What am I even talking about? I've obviously been studying for too long.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 am

i wish someone would have told me that second semester is much, much, much worse than first.

i'm so over law school right now...only halfway through exams.

disastrous.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 2:53 am

Lasers wrote:i wish someone would have told me that second semester is much, much, much worse than first.

disastrous.
:( Hang in there, bro.

A 3L told me that second semester of 1L was hell on earth for him. This was the only warning I received, but damn did it prove itself to be true.

tedalbany

Postby tedalbany » Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 am

Lasers wrote:i wish someone would have told me that second semester is much, much, much worse than first.

disastrous.

+1. At least a lot of us seem to be going through something similar. This semester has been awful, I've contemplated dropping out many times, missed a fair amount of classes, slacked on the readings a bit. The material itself just seems much more dry this semester.

This won't end well. As I prepare for exams, the one thing I keep telling myself is "prepare your anus".

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 am

tedalbany wrote:

disastrous.

+1. At least a lot of us seem to be going through something similar. This semester has been awful, I've contemplated dropping out many times, missed a fair amount of classes, slacked on the readings a bit. The material itself just seems much more dry this semester.

This won't end well. As I prepare for exams, the one thing I keep telling myself is "prepare your anus".

sknight323

Postby sknight323 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:45 am

So guys, gots another property question...

A grants to B a fee simple absolute for half of his parcel; A retains the other half. They covenant that A will maintain his bushes so that it doesn't overgrow onto B's property. A sells his own parcel to C, but maintains a right of entry. So there is not complete vertical privity between A and C. Thus, B has to prove that the burden ran with A's estate to C.

1) Intent - assume yes
2) Notice - assume yes
3) Touch and Concern - yes
4) Horizontal Privity - yes
5) Vertical Privity - no

So, can B merely enforce this as an equitable servitude, or can he sue A in law for damages because A still retains an interest in the burdened land?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Tue May 01, 2012 7:10 am

disastrous.

Agreed.

I've been having full on anxiety attacks thinking about my finals, I've been hiding in the library until close regularly, I've started to feel like a paranoid Smeagol worried about how much everyone else knows and how well they'll do... I just need this semester to be over. I cannot wait until Friday night when I get to go back to my fiancee's, get laid, drink beer, play Skyrim, and hang out with cats.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:08 am

Went to bed early, hoping to get a solid 7 and a half hours of sleep.

Tossed and turned until 2 AM.

Ended up sleeping 4 hours.

Now I feel like I can't even think straight enough to make breakfast, let alone take a final exam. :(

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Tue May 01, 2012 9:27 am

Contracts Question

So, have an exam in a few hours, if anyone has a quick response I'd be grateful.

I'm getting a bit confused as to when I should apply an analysis for:

Warranties vs. Misrepresentation

I feel like I could do either one with this problem I'm looking at.

edited; cause I'm not sure what I'm talking about anymore.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 am

crossarmant wrote:

disastrous.

Agreed.

I've been having full on anxiety attacks thinking about my finals, I've been hiding in the library until close regularly, I've started to feel like a paranoid Smeagol worried about how much everyone else knows and how well they'll do... I just need this semester to be over. I cannot wait until Friday night when I get to go back to my fiancee's, get laid, drink beer, play Skyrim, and hang out with cats.

jjlaw

Postby jjlaw » Tue May 01, 2012 10:55 am

I have to echo everyone's sentiments about this semester. I cannot WAIT to go home for the summer. I still have two more exams to go, but fuck, I am so sick of everyone at my school. I can't wait to hang out with real people again, not these emotionally immature excuses for human beings. I don't think law school would be so bad if the people who were in it weren't so socially inept.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Tue May 01, 2012 11:31 am

tedalbany wrote:I know this was posted last time around, but reposting for Spring exams ..

Law professors grading exams:
--ImageRemoved--

(Too big for imgur, don't want to resize... if it doesn't appear then I just don't care. Copy and paste it in the URL box or something)

This has brought much needed joy to my life this week. Thank you. I mean, as long as I forget that I'm one of the people getting the meh grade.
The waving at the end is just the best, like the prof who drops the final exam and is all "bye bye, fuckers."

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 pm

TheFutureLawyer wrote:Contracts Question

So, have an exam in a few hours, if anyone has a quick response I'd be grateful.

I'm getting a bit confused as to when I should apply an analysis for:

Warranties vs. Misrepresentation

I feel like I could do either one with this problem I'm looking at.

edited; cause I'm not sure what I'm talking about anymore.

No idea if this helps, but this is my set of rule blocks for misrepresentation:

• Misrepresentation: A misrepresentation is an assertion that is not in accord with the facts (159). Misrepresentation is either material or fraudulent (162). Misrepresentation is an inducing cause if it “substantially contributes”; does not have to be the primary cause. (167).
o Fraudulent Misrepresentation: Fraudulent; consciously or recklessly false and intended to mislead. Does not have to be material. Does have to induce assent. If π is in a position of authority, ∆ is reasonable to rely on those statements and a misrepresentation has occurred if π is wrongfully inducing ∆ to action (169 & 169, Vokes).
• Disadvantage: Cannot get above and beyond K value; better to sue in tort
o Material Misrepresentation: Not consciously/recklessly false; is material (likely to induce assent to anyone). Does have to induce assent; K can be voided/excused. Can be made in good faith. Even something made in good faith, if a misrepresentation is material, it is inequitable to allow the misrepresentor to benefit from these mistakes (Halpert).

I booked the class so I must've done something right. Hopefully that helps a bit.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 pm

JenDarby wrote:I've officially studied more for finals than I did last semester, and my first final isn't til the 7th. I guess I'll find out if effort really translates to results in my case. If I do worse somehow, I will be left to presume I'm better doing it live and will return to minimal effort.

I have officially studied far less for finals this semester than last semester.

FML

TTRansfer

Postby TTRansfer » Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

bk1 wrote:

I have officially studied far less for finals this semester than last semester.

FML

I've studied more over the last two weeks (far more) than I did for finals last semester, but I slacked off during the year itself. Not sure how that will play out...

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Tue May 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks transfer.

One last question, which is kinda sad:

To be unconscionable, the K needs to be Substantively [and / or] Procedurally unconscionable. And or Or?

I've been going through the semester thinking it was And, but apparently I'm wrong?

rocon7383

Postby rocon7383 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:34 pm

studied so much less than i did last semester. I also hate law school and everything about it, kinda. So I think knowing that i'm leaving after the year hasn't helped my fear-of-finals cram sessions. They're more like a series of bro-sessions with some hornbooks meandering through here and there.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”