1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Missing my high school BFF's wedding today because of exams. Makes me hate property even more :evil:

Aww that is so sad :(

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:30 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Missing my high school BFF's wedding today because of exams. Makes me hate property even more :evil:

Similar boat; this weekend all of my college friends are going to Atlantic City and even offered to cover all my expenses... Goddamned exams.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Yeah, it really sucks :( If she lived closer I would have made it work, but she's too far to make a day trip out of it and I had an exam yesterday and the next is Tuesday. Damn law school.

Luckily, I'll see her in a few weeks and I'm going to take her and her new husband out to celebrate :)

Until then....I'm memorizing ALL of the property. Test Tuesday: 54 MC, 2 essays, closed book, 3.5 hours.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:34 pm

crossarmant wrote:

Similar boat; this weekend all of my college friends are going to Atlantic City and even offered to cover all my expenses... Goddamned exams.

Damn! That really sucks to miss out on :(

merc280

Postby merc280 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:47 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Yeah, it really sucks :( If she lived closer I would have made it work, but she's too far to make a day trip out of it and I had an exam yesterday and the next is Tuesday. Damn law school.

Luckily, I'll see her in a few weeks and I'm going to take her and her new husband out to celebrate :)

Until then....I'm memorizing ALL of the property. Test Tuesday: 54 MC, 2 essays, closed book, 3.5 hours.

I have a property test Monday. 1 essay 40 MC, 2 hours, closed book

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:51 pm

tried to write out an practice exam today. got crushed. exam is on wednesday.

also:

As to third party rights, the court, expanding on the doctrine of standing, held that the vendors of 3.2% beer will be economically affected due to the restrictive nature of the sales to males between 18 and 20. To have standing, one must show a "nexus" of the injury to themselves and the constitutional violation of the statute. In this case, the statute only directly affects plaintiff Craig.

is this someone just messing with wiki? too tired to check

EthanMcleod

Postby EthanMcleod » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 pm

Does anyone know any differences between the 3rd restatement of servitudes and common law that will be relevant on a closed book exam other than:

1) No longer requiring Horizontal Privity
2) No touch and concern

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Just took my first law school exam that didn't make me sweat.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:29 pm

TTTLS wrote:Just took my first law school exam that didn't make me sweat.

Sorry, you probably failed :(

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Air-conditioning finally on?

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:41 pm

kapital98 wrote:

:evil:

I've been doing practice exams for months. This is a big deal for me.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:13 pm

TTTLS wrote:
kapital98 wrote:

were your premonitions accurate last semester?

if so, you probably aced it. *high five*

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:14 pm

TTTLS wrote:
kapital98 wrote:

Don't listen to kapital, I'm sure you did well!

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Lasers wrote:were your premonitions accurate last semester?

My premonitions last semester were that I got totally screwed on two exams and I was right. There were a few things I know I screwed up on, but a lot of people were on the verge of tears over the same stuff. I don't think I aced it though, because I always assume that there are twenty people who are way smarter than me. Just give me a B and I'll be happy.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:30 pm

merc280 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Yeah, it really sucks :( If she lived closer I would have made it work, but she's too far to make a day trip out of it and I had an exam yesterday and the next is Tuesday. Damn law school.

Hey, life and merc, did your prof tell you what material will be essay and what will be MC? If not, how are you approaching it?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:32 pm

hijodehombre wrote:
merc280 wrote:

Hey, life and merc, did your prof tell you what material will be essay and what will be MC? If not, how are you approaching it?

Nope :( I'm just memorizing as much as I possibly can. It sucks. Lots of flashcards and outline memorization.

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:40 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
hijodehombre wrote:
merc280 wrote:

Nope :( I'm just memorizing as much as I possibly can. It sucks. Lots of flashcards and outline memorization.

Same here. I have a 2 essay, 50 MC test. I'm betting that the essay part will be Adverse Possession, Finders, Gifts, etc. and MC will be Estates, Leasing, Selling, Recording.

Going through these flashcards is getting mind-numbing.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:43 pm

All I know is that at this point I just want to set Blackacre on fire.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 pm

TTTLS wrote:
Lasers wrote:were your premonitions accurate last semester?

My premonitions last semester were that I got totally screwed on two exams and I was right. There were a few things I know I screwed up on, but a lot of people were on the verge of tears over the same stuff. I don't think I aced it though, because I always assume that there are twenty people who are way smarter than me. Just give me a B and I'll be happy.

I feel like this is okay attitude to have. I know last semester I about had panic attacks a few hours while at home after every test (not trying to be the kid who cries at school. no thanks...too much even for me. some pride is necessary) last semester only to find out that working myself up into a frenzy and being miserable is not worth it. I feel pretty bad/uncertain about con law but I'm trying not to entertain negative thoughts (*trying*). I think if you study like you need an A and then expect a B, that's a good approach because you likely won't get a B and you won't feel skull crushing pressure trying to lock down those As. Congrats on feeling good after the exam. That is a feat I have not yet accomplished but there's always civ pro on Monday. :D

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:47 pm

i envy all of you who are almost done.. and agree with the people talking about being just fine with B's

hijodehombre

Postby hijodehombre » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:48 pm

lifestooquick wrote:All I know is that at this point I just want to set Blackacre on fire.

I want to slap O in the face every time he conveys some complex interest with 10 contingent remainders that violates all types of arcane rules.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:54 pm

lifestooquick wrote:All I know is that at this point I just want to set Blackacre the entire law school on fire.

FTFY

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Also, BarBri really needs to design a website that works with Chrome. Having to use IE is freaking annoying.

akili

Postby akili » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:02 pm

I have no motivation. Exam on Tuesday.

Currently I'm stressed about not being stressed.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:04 pm

O conveys to P and his heirs provided the land continues to be used for farming.

Why is this a fee simple subject to condition subsequent and not fee simple determinable?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”