1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Sapientia

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Sapientia » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 pm

merc280 wrote:
Guchster wrote:Lasers, like my yoga instructor says, BREATH INTO IT, and move on. You're going to beat yourself up over it (like I did last year on my Contracts exam--and still pulled an A-), and screw up your next test--then hate yourself for screwing up your next test.

Worse case, you get a C and explain the aberration from your other grades to employers. I don't want you turning into an awful, whiny poster like that merc character.

am I really that awful and whiny?

LOLyes

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

merc280 wrote:
Guchster wrote:Lasers, like my yoga instructor says, BREATH INTO IT, and move on. You're going to beat yourself up over it (like I did last year on my Contracts exam--and still pulled an A-), and screw up your next test--then hate yourself for screwing up your next test.

Worse case, you get a C and explain the aberration from your other grades to employers. I don't want you turning into an awful, whiny poster like that merc character.

am I really that awful and whiny?

yeah, you complain A LOT, sorry dude.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 pm

well sorry every one. I'll try to tone it down alot.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:14 pm

merc280 wrote:well sorry every one. I'll try to tone it down alot.

You should just try to be positive. Everyone here is freaking out about the idea of failure, but if you strut into a test thinking you're going to fail and you don't know anything, you probably won't do very well. You've got to have some confidence.

merc280

Postby merc280 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 pm

ilovesf wrote:

You should just try to be positive. Everyone here is freaking out about the idea of failure, but if you strut into a test thinking you're going to fail and you don't know anything, you probably won't do very well. You've got to have some confidence.

Yeah thats true. I'm glad Ive started studying earlier than last semester, because that was a wreck.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:17 pm

Con Law tomorrow. After taking like 4 of his practice tests, I've come to the conclusion that my professor has perfected how long three hours actually is because I always finish within a few minutes of it.

And I've come to the realization that study groups are 90% making sure how you think about it is right, and 10% having conflicts where you disagree with someone else where both people are sure they're right but come out of the argument less confident about it.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 pm

ilovesf wrote:

I roll into every test with swagger and just smile, knowing I'm going to destroy every last person in there when it comes to that exam. I will break the curve!

Then grades come out....

merc280

Postby merc280 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:20 pm

crossarmant wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

I roll into every test with swagger and just smile, knowing I'm going to destroy every last person in there when it comes to that exam. I will break the curve!

Then grades come out....

thats how it should be though. I'm pretty sure my grade drops a few points whenever I go into an exam knowing its already a lost cause. Which is why this semester, not only am I thinking I will ace all my exams, but I continue studying for them without thinking about how close they are.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 pm

crossarmant wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

Then grades come out....

I listen to the 49ers song "niners in paris" to get pumped up until about 3 minutes before the test starts.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Trying to remain optimistic about the Con Law nonsense last Tuesday. Moving on because I refuse to do the melt down thing I did last semester. Focusing civ pro hard core. Do not like Rule 19 or 24. They make me angry. Need to keep pushing forward to save con law/make law school have a sassy ending.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:32 pm

ilovesf wrote:I listen to the 49ers song "niners in paris" to get pumped up until about 3 minutes before the test starts.

I actually watched the training montage from Rocky I before my Property exam yesterday, afterwards I put on headphones and listened to the Skyrim theme which made me feel like I just slew a beast.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:38 pm

crossarmant wrote:
ilovesf wrote:I listen to the 49ers song "niners in paris" to get pumped up until about 3 minutes before the test starts.

I actually watched the training montage from Rocky I before my Property exam yesterday, afterwards I put on headphones and listened to the Skyrim theme which made me feel like I just slew a beast.

i love you guys *tear*

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm going to watch Hostel in lieu of studying property. I'll tell myself I'm learning about property rights over body parts to make me feel productive.

Metaread

Postby Metaread » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 pm

crossarmant wrote:I actually watched the training montage from Rocky I before my Property exam yesterday, afterwards I put on headphones and listened to the Skyrim theme which made me feel like I just slew a beast.

Skyrim theme is such a good idea. Music during finals week is a MUST. Rock on, folks!

Remember that law school only really sucks for the first year!

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Metaread wrote:
crossarmant wrote:I actually watched the training montage from Rocky I before my Property exam yesterday, afterwards I put on headphones and listened to the Skyrim theme which made me feel like I just slew a beast.

Skyrim theme is such a good idea. Music during finals week is a MUST. Rock on, folks!

Remember that law school only really sucks for the first year!

But.... don't you have a whole life of being a lawyer after that? What are we doing again?

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 pm

LAME. No Hostel on Netflix. Settled on Lost Boys and adverse possession of a town by vampires

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Guchster wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

i love you guys *tear*

<3 what's your pre exam routine?

angrybird

Postby angrybird » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Guchster wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

i love you guys *tear*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oomCIXGz ... re=related

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

angrybird wrote:
ilovesf wrote:<3 what's your pre exam routine?

:lol: :lol:

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Guchster wrote:
crossarmant wrote:

i love you guys *tear*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:56 pm

ilovesf wrote:
angrybird wrote:

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:57 pm

angrybird wrote:

+1,000,000
I am so saving this for my ConLaw exam on Monday!

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 pm

Guchster wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
angrybird wrote:

SCOOPED

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:59 pm

Sapientia wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
pretty sure that test ensured i will be jobless next year...

sigh.

time to mitigate damages and do well on my other finals.

noooo I am sure this is not true!

i don't know...i'm on a figurative ledge, so to speak.

just trying to back myself off it and get myself motivated for the next one.

I thought I had failed my contracts test last semester also. Ended up getting an A. No use in worrying about it

TL;DR version: stop worrying about how you did on exams you've already taken. Nothing you can do about it now, and worrying about it just makes things worse, irregardless of how well you actually did.

thanks, and thanks to everyone else for their advice/input.

you guys are so right. i'm over it. time to crush con law. :D

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:01 am

Dany wrote:SCOOPED

lol <3s

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”