1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Eugenie Danglars

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:23 pm

What was the first case to use "class of activities doctrine" ? Darby?

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:41 pm

merc280 wrote:anyone else get the feeling they're going to do really bad this semester. Like I know that I have around 8 days before my finals but I feel like its already been written that I won't be doing well. I had hoped a few A's this semester would give me a chance to transfer but the closer the exam gets, the less likely it seems it will happen.

I have this divide. There's part of me that feels much more confident this semester because I know what I did wrong last semester. Like my lowest grade was LRW, and now I've corrected that for this semester. Second lowest grade was a class where the professor walked everyone in the class through all of his exams, told them exactly how to write them, and essentially crushed any gunner advantage I would've had (gave like 2 A's, 30 B+'s). However, I don't foresee either of those being an issue so I have high hopes. That said, the material seems a lot tougher and I feel more confused about how to approach each exam. So, I feel pretty helpless.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

How I feel right now:

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:What was the first case to use "class of activities doctrine" ? Darby?

for activities that substantially related to commerce? Probably NLRB v. Jones & Laughlin Steel.

JenDarby

Postby JenDarby » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Now that I'm done with my Ks outline, I realize I don't know shit for civpro.

shock259

Postby shock259 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I am also not feeling great about this semester. Last semester, all I did was law school and study. I've gotten a lot more distracted this semester. A LOT MORE. I think I burned out too much after 1st semester and it has taken me a long time to get back into things. And this semester flew by.

That said, it helps that I know how to study better/more efficiently than before.

But I have no idea where I'm going to end up. I'll be fucking ecstatic if I hold my rank from first semester. I'll be happy if I don't drop too much.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm utterly sick of ConLaw. Test is Tuesday morning. Should I move on to something else? I'm fairly pleased with my performance on the practice tests.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I'm utterly sick of ConLaw. Test is Tuesday morning. Should I move on to something else? I'm fairly pleased with my performance on the practice tests.

Yes. :D

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:What was the first case to use "class of activities doctrine" ? Darby?

for activities that substantially related to commerce? Probably NLRB v. Jones & Laughlin Steel.

Ah, thanks. We didn't read that one.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:03 pm

shock259 wrote:I am also not feeling great about this semester. Last semester, all I did was law school and study. I've gotten a lot more distracted this semester. A LOT MORE. I think I burned out too much after 1st semester and it has taken me a long time to get back into things. And this semester flew by.

That said, it helps that I know how to study better/more efficiently than before.

But I have no idea where I'm going to end up. I'll be fucking ecstatic if I hold my rank from first semester. I'll be happy if I don't drop too much.

+1. I do not feel confident at all. I'm not sure what else to do. In con law, I've pre-written answers and have a base understanding of what everything is. I know I'm not going to kill it because I don't understand everything but I'm not sure there's much else I can do. Hating schools.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Well my Con Law exam is in about 12 hours. I'm as prepared as I think I'll be. I have a good enough handle on all the issues to feel comfortable writing an exam. Probably could do it without my outline if necessary. Just ready to get this shit done with.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Guys, my Conlaw exam is happening RIGHT. NOW. And I'm posting on TLS. How did I become such a badass.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Flips88 wrote:Well my Con Law exam is in about 12 hours. I'm as prepared as I think I'll be. I have a good enough handle on all the issues to feel comfortable writing an exam. Probably could do it without my outline if necessary. Just ready to get this shit done with.

Good luck!!

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Also - so jelly of people who don't have closed book con law exams. fml.

Lawst

Postby Lawst » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:10 pm

ilovesf wrote:Also - so jelly of people who don't have closed book con law exams. fml.

Same here. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to remember all of this without any book, notes or outline, but I'm hoping the test won't be as hard, then. Which means, of course, the curve will probably be tight. Oh well, semester is almost over.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Lawst wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Also - so jelly of people who don't have closed book con law exams. fml.

Same here. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to remember all of this without any book, notes or outline, but I'm hoping the test won't be as hard, then. Which means, of course, the curve will probably be tight. Oh well, semester is almost over.

Amen.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Does anyone know where I can find practice MC/problems/essays for negligence per se online? My Q&A book has 0, and I saw none on CALI.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:00 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Flips88 wrote:Well my Con Law exam is in about 12 hours. I'm as prepared as I think I'll be. I have a good enough handle on all the issues to feel comfortable writing an exam. Probably could do it without my outline if necessary. Just ready to get this shit done with.

Good luck!!

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 pm

I don't understand words anymore.

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:20 pm

beachbum wrote:I don't understand words anymore.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

TheFutureLawyer wrote:

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:38 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
TheFutureLawyer wrote:

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:43 pm

+1. My con law and property exams are closed book. But I am actually a little happy about it, because I finally may be able to use my memory to my advantage. Besides, with the way my con law prof does his exams, having it be open book would lead to the tightest curve in the world. He gives model answers of all past exams that show exactly how he wants every issue analyzed, step by step. Our outlines are literally taken straight from the rules from his model answers. If it was open book, the difference in an A- and a B+ may be a matter of a single sentence put in the right place.

Also,

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:52 pm

TTTLS wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
TheFutureLawyer wrote:

Yeah, calling it a night now. I'm going to relax and watch some TV or something. Office hours tomorrow to go over Property practice exam and more practice exams after that. Exhilarating. Come on, guys, we've been going balls to the wall for almost 9 months now, we can finish strong.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 am

I got a dig bick. You that read wrong. You read that wrong too.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”