1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Guchster

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 am

My professor's research topic is originalism. And he's a little "unconventional."

Model answer included correctly identifying generic phrases as being from specific Scalia dissents.

HALP.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 am

Guchster wrote:My professor's research topic is originalism. And he's a little "unconventional."

Model answer included correctly identifying generic phrases as being from specific Scalia dissents.

HALP.

That is so scary :(

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:32 am

Guchster wrote:My professor's research topic is originalism. And he's a little "unconventional."

HALP.

I probably should have gone to class. Tonight I am cuddling all night with my pile of hornbooks.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:17 am

Didn't outline LOL went to a bar instead.

akili

Postby akili » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:24 pm

Did a Property practice problem and did ok on it. Spotted all the issues but didn't get to go super in depth on some of them. I did find a couple weak spots in my outline (accession and some future interest terms). Feeling pretty solid about it but terrified about my Con Law exam...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:33 pm

lookin over last year's immigration test, don't even understand the question... lol bad sign.

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:23 pm

So I casually told my bff (who is not local) that my last class was this past Tuesday. She secretly planned a Thurs night-Sun trip to come visit and stay with me. Wtf! I have my first final on Monday, and she just told me this afternoon that she'd be here tonight. I hope she likes sitting at home alone with my dogs while I make sweet love to my library study room. She seems pretty pissed that I told her I am completely unavailable for drunken slut hangouts, but then again, I think she graduated with a 2.0 in horseback riding. She does not understand the concept of studying for finals.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Jessuf wrote:So I casually told my bff (who is not local) that my last class was this past Tuesday. She secretly planned a Thurs night-Sun trip to come visit and stay with me. Wtf! I have my first final on Monday, and she just told me this afternoon that she'd be here tonight. I hope she likes sitting at home alone with my dogs while I make sweet love to my library study room. She seems pretty pissed that I told her I am completely unavailable for drunken slut hangouts, but then again, I think she graduated with a 2.0 in horseback riding. She does not understand the concept of studying for finals.

tpiwwop

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Anyone have a civ pro practice exam from hell that they would like to share?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:46 pm

TTTLS wrote:Anyone have a civ pro practice exam from hell that they would like to share?

Is your exam essay and does it have multiple choice? I have one with both that could be helpful.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm

3 hours of studying ConLaw outside on the riverfront. Lovely day. I think ConLaw is finally starting to make legitimate sense to me, or least I keep telling myself that.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:23 pm

ilovesf wrote:
TTTLS wrote:Anyone have a civ pro practice exam from hell that they would like to share?

Is your exam essay and does it have multiple choice? I have one with both that could be helpful.
I think it may just be an essay. I'll double check.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm

If you just want a lot of exams I can always just download a bunch of random ones from random professors and send them to you as well.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:15 pm

ilovesf wrote:lookin over last year's immigration test, don't even understand the question... lol bad sign.

haha, I hate it when that happens. Sometimes I read an exam and just go "...okay then" and have no idea what to write.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Dany wrote:
ilovesf wrote:lookin over last year's immigration test, don't even understand the question... lol bad sign.

haha, I hate it when that happens. Sometimes I read an exam and just go "...okay then" and have no idea what to write.

this applies me like for every law school exam ever. i have no idea what's going on for most of the questions:

jessuf

Postby jessuf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I think I just drove to the library to sit on TLS some more. Too bad I can't lounge around in my underwear here.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Jessuf wrote:I think I just drove to the library to sit on TLS some more. Too bad I can't lounge around in my underwear here.

o rly?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Guchster wrote:
Dany wrote:

this applies me like for every law school exam ever. i have no idea what's going on for most of the questions:

lol It literally took me 2 hours of staring at the question to even begin to understand what I was supposed to do. It makes me a little bit appreciative that it's a take home exam.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Lasers wrote:
Jessuf wrote:I think I just drove to the library to sit on TLS some more. Too bad I can't lounge around in my underwear here.

o rly?

you in your underwear in the library?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:54 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:

o rly?

ya, i'm on the 7th floor of the lib. :D

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:58 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:

o rly?

ya, i'm on the 7th floor of the lib. :D

lol must be nice on the roof

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:00 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:ya, i'm on the 7th floor of the lib. :D

gorgeous weather today. 8)

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:ya, i'm on the 7th floor of the lib. :D

gorgeous weather today. 8)

I know, it's almost awful because I'm just sitting by the window staring at the sun wishing I were outside.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 am

awfully quiet in here....either that means everyone else is being super productive and off TLS, or out drinking and having fun. Neither one of those options would make me happy, since I'm doing neither by sitting trying to study but being very unproductive. And I just drank 2 cups of coffee so no going to sleep anytime soon.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:41 am

dabomb75 wrote:awfully quiet in here....either that means everyone else is being super productive and off TLS, or out drinking and having fun. Neither one of those options would make me happy, since I'm doing neither by sitting trying to study but being very unproductive. And I just drank 2 cups of coffee so no going to sleep anytime soon.

I've been in the same boat. Read for about 4 hours today, then spent the rest pretending like I was reviewing Property; had my reading/class notes open, outline open, yet just fiddled around online or in my room. Tomorrow I'm setting my alarm early: bike/reading in the AM, reading out in the sun for about 4 hours or so, gym, then library for some more reviewing. I'm thinking my first practice test will be Saturday (First final Wednesday).

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”