1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:53 am

ilovesf wrote:
shock259 wrote:Me too. Strength in numbers. I'm fixing up some outlines and prepping for a bunch of practice tests tomorrow. Living the life.
you make me feel so far behind :(
This is memo weekend, so I won't get anything done finals wise this week. Damn you graded LRW!

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:56 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
shock259 wrote:Me too. Strength in numbers. I'm fixing up some outlines and prepping for a bunch of practice tests tomorrow. Living the life.
This is memo weekend, so I won't get anything done finals wise this week. Damn you graded LRW!
Same here. I am pretty close to being done so I won't be spending too much time on it, just a few read overs to polish it up I think.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:13 am

ph14 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Same here. I am pretty close to being done so I won't be spending too much time on it, just a few read overs to polish it up I think.
Congrats on being almost done! I'm not even close. I'm at the drafting-from-a-very-detailed-outline stage. I hve a half day tomorrow and a half day tomorrow to work on it, so I'm hoping it will be written by then. That'll give me Monday and Tuesday to check citations and polish. I hope.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:28 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ilovesf wrote: you make me feel so far behind :(
Congrats on being almost done! I'm not even close. I'm at the drafting-from-a-very-detailed-outline stage. I hve a half day tomorrow and a half day tomorrow to work on it, so I'm hoping it will be written by then. That'll give me Monday and Tuesday to check citations and polish. I hope.
Good luck! Once we turn in our memos then we have the pleasure of undivided studying for finals :lol:.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:32 am

The stress is slightly starting to get to me. Had nightmares last night, kept waking up every hour or so. I'm so exhausted. And terrified.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:37 am

NYC Law wrote:The stress is slightly starting to get to me. Had nightmares last night, kept waking up every hour or so. I'm so exhausted. And terrified.
Yeah, it's been getting to me too-- although no nightmares or anything.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 am

trying to decide if i should do part 1 of my final exam ( 5 page essay) thats not due until dec 4, or continute working on other classes??

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:53 am

northwood wrote:trying to decide if i should do part 1 of my final exam ( 5 page essay) thats not due until dec 4, or continute working on other classes??
My rule of thumb: do the hardest thing or thing you like least first. For example, I hate torts, and if I had a torts things, I'd do it first so I could get it out of the way because otherwise I'd procrastinate like whoa. But if it were a Civ Pro thing (which I love), I'd save ita s sort of a reward.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
northwood wrote:trying to decide if i should do part 1 of my final exam ( 5 page essay) thats not due until dec 4, or continute working on other classes??
My rule of thumb: do the hardest thing or thing you like least first. For example, I hate torts, and if I had a torts things, I'd do it first so I could get it out of the way because otherwise I'd procrastinate like whoa. But if it were a Civ Pro thing (which I love), I'd save ita s sort of a reward.
Haha, I kind of do this too. Might as well get the worst thing over with.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brickman

Bronze

Post by brickman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:54 pm

NYC Law wrote:The stress is slightly starting to get to me. Had nightmares last night, kept waking up every hour or so. I'm so exhausted. And terrified.

--LinkRemoved--

enjoy!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote: My rule of thumb: do the hardest thing or thing you like least first. For example, I hate torts, and if I had a torts things, I'd do it first so I could get it out of the way because otherwise I'd procrastinate like whoa. But if it were a Civ Pro thing (which I love), I'd save ita s sort of a reward.
This sounds like a good plan. I'm attacking my easiest course first - torts, because at least that class was clear. Whereas my other two courses are not outline-able so I'm at a loss on how to prepare (save for practice exams).

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Same here, I strongly dislike civpro.. but I'm already almost done with it now :)

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:14 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Same here, I strongly dislike civpro.. but I'm already almost done with it now :)
Yay! Congrats. But how do you hate civpro? It's beautiful!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Don't feel bad about me. Seriously. I'm odd. :lol:

As for class specifics, we have this whole week off thankfully. I'm going to spend a couple of days on each subject.

Today is contracts, tomorrow is torts, Monday is Civ Pro, Tuesday is Leg Reg, rinse & repeat. I probably will keep doing all classes until like 3 days before my first final. We have 3 days between each final, so this should equally allocate it all.

Final stretch guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpccXp6Swo

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:25 pm

shock259 wrote:Don't feel bad about me. Seriously. I'm odd. :lol:

As for class specifics, we have this whole week off thankfully. I'm going to spend a couple of days on each subject.

Today is contracts, tomorrow is torts, Monday is Civ Pro, Tuesday is Leg Reg, rinse & repeat. I probably will keep doing all classes until like 3 days before my first final. We have 3 days between each final, so this should equally allocate it all.

Final stretch guys!

What school do you go to?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:
Yay! Congrats. But how do you hate civpro? It's beautiful!
I think it's mostly the professor. It's only his second time ever teaching the course.. he's a really nice guy, but no one really understood anything, at all. I find parts of it interesting (jurisdiction, discovery), but all of the pleading motions and joinders make my head spin.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 pm

ph14 wrote:
shock259 wrote:Don't feel bad about me. Seriously. I'm odd. :lol:

Final stretch guys!

What school do you go to?
The one we should have gone to, apparently.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:42 pm

I was stressing out...then I got 2 awesome outlines (Prop and Crim) from 2L's - My weekend just opened up a little. All I have to do is tailor the outlines a little, then finish my own Contracts/Civ Pro outlines (half done) then I have 2 weeks to memorize. Sweeeeeet - oh and good luck to all the people stuck with LRW - my memo was due on Friday and totally screwed my outlining, you'll feel so much better when you get it done!

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 pm

Lol. I don't want to out myself, but I'm at a T1 in a secondary market. :P

Shammis

Bronze

Post by Shammis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:44 pm

btw shock...that vid made my morning.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:26 pm

got to the libs at 10 am today, surprised by how many people were here considering it had only been open for 1 hour.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:51 pm

ilovesf wrote:got to the libs at 10 am today, surprised by how many people were here considering it had only been open for 1 hour.

spent the entire day there... happy that most of my section was still researching the memo, or trying to get caught up with the in class readings.... although that may have given me a false sense of okay- im not far behind... then i check TLS, and realize that i havent done 4 pts for each class yet- and that im looking at bottom 10% right in its face, and its laughing at me

so abck to my workcave i go. it was nice to see the sun for a moment today

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:55 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Yay! Congrats. But how do you hate civpro? It's beautiful!
I don't understand how anyone could consider Civil Procedure an enjoyable class. It's like enjoying baseball not for the game, but for the commissioners ability to set coordinate a season.

On that note though, just got back from 8 hours with Richard Freer w/ BarBri doing CivPro review... Holy fuck! That pretty much took most all of my fears away and I feel totally capable of tackling anything my prof could throw at me. Seriously, if anyone gets a chance to do so, go to one of his lectures (He was in Philly today, will be on NYC tomorrow; so any NY folks, go check it out.)

Well, now that my CivPro outline is out of the way, as is my Torts. I just have to worry about Contracts which we've been doing hypos almost everyday since the beginning of the semester, so feeling decent enough about it.

That said, I'm still panicking a bit. This is for real and I really worry about my performance....

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:56 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:Yay! Congrats. But how do you hate civpro? It's beautiful!
I don't understand how anyone could consider Civil Procedure an enjoyable class. It's like enjoying baseball not for the game, but for the commissioners ability to set coordinate a season.

On that note though, just got back from 8 hours with Richard Freer w/ BarBri doing CivPro review... Holy fuck! That pretty much took most all of my fears away and I feel totally capable of tackling anything my prof could throw at me. Seriously, if anyone gets a chance to do so, go t :lol: one of his lectures (He was in Philly today, will be on NYC tomorrow; so any NY folks, go check it out.)

Well, now that my CivPro outline is out of the way, as is my Torts. I just have to worry about Contracts which we've been doing hypos almost everyday since the beginning of the semester, so feeling decent enough about it.

That said, I'm still panicking a bit. This is for real and I really worry about my performance....
Haha same. Especially since I haven't been that productive today.

Iceman389

Bronze

Post by Iceman389 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Civ Pro became a lot less daunting today after sitting down and actually figuring out to apply Erie. Now only if the SCOTUS didn't decide to troll generations of law students with Twobley and Iqbal...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”