1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FeelTheHeat

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 pm

TTTLS wrote:Friday Night Roll Call.

All gunners report in.

Shocked out how empty the library is. I'll be closing it out.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:50 pm

All gunners report in.

Sup.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:51 pm

All gunners report in.

Oh, hai. I left the library and am settling in for a night of hockey and Ks.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

All gunners report in.

Nope.

Tonight is my last hoorah before the non-stop 3 weeks of cramming. Whiskey and netflix.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:

All gunners report in.

I need some time at home. I'll be heading back at 9am tomorrow when it opens. There weren't that many people when I left though.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:53 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:

All gunners report in.

I've come to realize that I just can't study in the library anymore. The energy in there is terrible. I rearranged my ratty studio apartment so that everything revolves around my desk and dat triple-monitor set up.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Probably gonna rage tomorrow night as my last hurrah

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:54 pm

All gunners report in.

Finishing the 3rd of my 4 outlines. then 9 days of memorizing/PTin for Con Law with Crim mixed in.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Probably gonna rage tomorrow night as my last hurrah

My friend's birthday is tomorrow and I want to go but they're going to a club at like 12 and they're going to stay there late. There's a $15 cover and I don't really feel like going through with all of that, even though I love where they're going. I know I want to go to the Moot Court party on Tuesday, which is our last day of class. It sounded lame at first, but there's free food and an OPEN BAR. So I'm going to be there. I don't really feel like I can go out both nights because I'd realistically be out of commission for both Sunday and Wednesday.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:07 pm

ilovesf wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:Probably gonna rage tomorrow night as my last hurrah

My friend's birthday is tomorrow and I want to go but they're going to a club at like 12 and they're going to stay there late. There's a $15 cover and I don't really feel like going through with all of that, even though I love where they're going. I know I want to go to the Moot Court party on Tuesday, which is our last day of class. It sounded lame at first, but there's free food and an OPEN BAR. So I'm going to be there. I don't really feel like I can go out both nights because I'd realistically be out of commission for both Sunday and Wednesday.

Exactly. I wouldn't give a shit about finishing at 11 and going out but if I do it knocks me out of commission till tomorrow afternoon and my my productive days are always where I get up early. Sucking it up and closing out the library till 2 tonight.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:09 pm

ConLaw is 2.5 hours, one question :shock:

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:10 pm

checking in.

getting down to srs bsns i hope. but i'll probs. end up watching some netflix lol.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Guchster wrote:checking in.

getting down to srs bsns i hope. but i'll probs. end up watching some netflix lol.

I'll most definitely be watching torchwood later.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:16 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Exactly. I wouldn't give a shit about finishing at 11 and going out but if I do it knocks me out of commission till tomorrow afternoon and my my productive days are always where I get up early. Sucking it up and closing out the library till 2 tonight.

2am? Damn. I'll be asleep by 11. 8)

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:17 pm

ilovesf wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

2am? Damn. I'll be asleep by 11. 8)

Compensating for 3 months of nothing.

TTTLS

Postby TTTLS » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:24 pm

How many people in your LS do you think abuse adderall during this time of the year?

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:38 pm

TTTLS wrote:How many people in your LS do you think abuse adderall during this time of the year?

I don't know, but a guy is crying and clearly frustrated in the library restroom (4th floor in the law library for anyone at CLS!!!). I'm being srs. Gurl, exams are 3 weeks away, relax, lol.

Gecko of Doom

Postby Gecko of Doom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:40 pm

TTTLS wrote:How many people in your LS do you think abuse adderall during this time of the year?

Hey, people here represent the future of the legal industry and abide by the ethical standards of the profession.

So probably a lot.

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Guchster wrote:

I don't know, but a guy is crying and clearly frustrated in the library restroom (4th floor in the law library for anyone at CLS!!!). I'm being srs. Gurl, exams are 3 weeks away, relax, lol.

Well, I imagine the stress and performance anxiety at Columbia is significantly worse than the other 200 schools. 300 lifetime overachievers and some of them have to have lower than 3.0s? That'd be enough to make people cry in a restroom.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:42 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Guchster wrote:

Well, I imagine the stress and performance anxiety at Columbia is significantly worse than the other 200 schools. 300 lifetime overachievers and some of them have to have lower than 3.0s? That'd be enough to make people cry in a restroom.

lol, but there's no need to lose one's marbles this early on. i'm saving my nervous breakdowns 2-3 days before the exam.

dabomb75

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:43 pm

All gunners report in.

finishing up studying in the next 30 mins or so and going out drinking for the last time before finals start in 11 days

Guchster wrote:I'm going to give up on con law soon and just start prewriting my responses for huge topics like PIC (for 4/14th Amd), Sub. Due Process, Proc. Due Process, EPC, etc.

I can't see an outline being useful for me. There are hardly any elements or tests, and analysis just seems to look better for me as a pre-written answer than it does as questions in a checklist.

anyone do this with some success? I think the reason i'm tempted to do it, is because the rules always come in clusters of cases. When you bring up slaughterhouse, the rule section of your analysis, automatically encompasses cases like Corfield v. Coryell, and Paul v. Virginia, Bradwell, etc. It just seems easier instead of outlining a brief version of these cases to write them into a narrative discussion as part of an analysis.

this is what i did for civ pro and contracts and steam rolled those classes.

I have no idea how to do this, but it seems like a good idea, and in this thread at least one person agrees with you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=144675&start=50#p5220588

Not sure how useful it would be for me since I have a 24 hour take home exam for con law, but I may try to do it anyways after taking some practice tests and figuring out what a conlaw sample answer is actually supposed to look like

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 pm

All gunners report in.

I'm turning in for the night. I started around 10 this morning and left the library at around 7 only to begin again at 9. Argument portion of the brief is finished. I feel like I'm stretching my rules almost to the point of breaking in my analysis but a part of me feels like that is the way to make a solid argument...atleast with con law stuff....hate. Who needs objectivity?

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 am

decided to go to a bar instead:

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:16 am

Gecko of Doom wrote:

Hey, people here represent the future of the legal industry and abide by the ethical standards of the profession.

So probably a lot.

made me lol.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:21 am

STILL STRIVING DAMN IT

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”