1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
TTTLS

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by TTTLS » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:02 pm

So... anyone going over outlines/writing on a Saturday night?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 pm

TTTLS wrote:So... anyone going over outlines/writing on a Saturday night?
lol

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Dany wrote:
lol
I've done a lot of TLSing today, way more than usual. I have read 12 pages of Ks in the last 3 hours.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm trying. I've written about three lines in the last two hours. I'm also watching shitty movies on tv. You can tell I'm trying to work because I'm spending more time than usual posting.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:17 pm

ilovesf wrote:
I'm trying. I've written about three lines in the last two hours. I'm also watching shitty movies on tv. You can tell I'm trying to work because I'm spending more time than usual posting.
THIS. I think I am being more unproductive at the library then I would be at home. I'm also starving which doesn't help. Sadly, a large part of why I haven't left is because it's really cold outside and I don't want to get up.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 pm

JenDarby wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
THIS. I think I am being more unproductive at the library then I would be at home. I'm also starving which doesn't help. Sadly, a large part of why I haven't left is because it's really cold outside and I don't want to get up.
You're at the library at 11:30? Go home!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm

ilovesf wrote:You're at the library at 11:30? Go home!
I can count on my hands the number of times I've been in the library since starting law school ha (I usuaully work at home). I'm actually mainly just avoiding my apt for personal reasons right now.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 pm

JenDarby wrote:
ilovesf wrote:You're at the library at 11:30? Go home!
I can count on my hands the number of times I've been in the library since starting law school ha (I usuaully work at home). I'm actually mainly just avoiding my apt for personal reasons right now.
Oh yeah I think I saw that in FA :( I guess just wait a little longer until he's asleep or something.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:00 am

if con law were a person, i wouldn't bother to hold a door open for him as i passed through, even if he was right behind me and i know he'd think i was rude for not doing so because i could have prevented the door from slamming shut in his face if i felt just a little more sympathetic to his general suckiness.

anyway, does anyone have a good list of all the damn constitutional interpretations there are? does such a list exist? for example, there's texualist, formalist, realist, originalist, consequentialist...??? :x

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NC1

New

Post by NC1 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:20 am

Lasers wrote:if con law were a person, i wouldn't bother to hold a door open for him as i passed through, even if he was right behind me and i know he'd think i was rude for not doing so because i could have prevented the door from slamming shut in his face if i felt just a little more sympathetic to his general suckiness.

anyway, does anyone have a good list of all the damn constitutional interpretations there are? does such a list exist? for example, there's texualist, formalist, realist, originalist, consequentialist...??? :x
Great question.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm

It's 9 am and I'm leaving to go to the library. :|

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Does anyone want to join the closed book con law final club with me? I say we just go out swinging Waco-style

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Does anyone want to join the closed book con law final club with me? I say we just go out swinging Waco-style
I am a member of said club :( half essay, half multiple choice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

shoeshine

Silver

Post by shoeshine » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:39 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:Does anyone want to join the closed book con law final club with me? I say we just go out swinging Waco-style
I think I would definitely kill myself if my con law final was closed book. That class is a mind fuck.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm

ilovesf wrote:
I am a member of said club :( half essay, half multiple choice.
Oh damn. That's even worse

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:43 pm

shoeshine wrote:
I think I would definitely kill myself if my con law final was closed book. That class is a mind fuck.
Might happen

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 pm

So I'm seriously considering leaving school and moving on to something else after this year, yet my family feels I should finish out the year. Exam Prep and Motivation is at an all time low.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:18 pm

rocon7383 wrote:So I'm seriously considering leaving school and moving on to something else after this year, yet my family feels I should finish out the year. Exam Prep and Motivation is at an all time low.
+ 1

I've been wanting to quit for a while but family keeps telling me to finish up the first year, which sucks because when you REALLY don't want to be there I'm going to get some shit grades stuck on my transcripts. I guess it doesn't matter, but you never know who might want transcripts from all institutions attended.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:21 pm

We should take a poll in the law students forum after finals to see how many people decided to drop out. Anyway, sorry guys, I hope you can stick it out for a while longer.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:23 pm

NYC Law wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:So I'm seriously considering leaving school and moving on to something else after this year, yet my family feels I should finish out the year. Exam Prep and Motivation is at an all time low.
+ 1

I've been wanting to quit for a while but family keeps telling me to finish up the first year, which sucks because when you REALLY don't want to be there I'm going to get some shit grades stuck on my transcripts. I guess it doesn't matter, but you never know who might want transcripts from all institutions attended.
Because I am thinking of going in a completely different direction, career-wise, I haven't really thought about the transcript aspect. Hey, I guess that is some motivation- Thanks bro! By the way, what makes you wanna leave? Buyers remorse/disappointing grades/ unhappiness/ job prospects/ dislike for the actual law/ all of the above?

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:26 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
+ 1

Because I am thinking of going in a completely different direction, career-wise, I haven't really thought about the transcript aspect. Hey, I guess that is some motivation- Thanks sister! By the way, what makes you wanna leave? Buyers remorse/disappointing grades/ unhappiness/ [ERROR: 404] prospects/ dislike for the actual law/ all of the above?
So I guess B- r-o is now sister and J -O-B is ERROR: 404 on TLS today?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:26 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
+ 1

Because I am thinking of going in a completely different direction, career-wise, I haven't really thought about the transcript aspect. Hey, I guess that is some motivation- Thanks sister! By the way, what makes you wanna leave? Buyers remorse/disappointing grades/ unhappiness/ [ERROR: 404] prospects/ dislike for the actual law/ all of the above?
So I guess B- r-o is now sister and J -O-B is ERROR: 404 on Whose house? KEN'S HOUSE. today?
ah yes.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:47 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
+ 1

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=181710

Mostly just dislike of the law. I don't think it is critical to 'love what you do', but you should at least like it. When I think about what I'd really like to do if money weren't an issue it probably would be somewhere in the tech field, probably on the programming side. Honestly speaking, money was probably the big draw with law (though I never would have admitted that before, I'd just come up with 'love of the law and desire to make society better' or some similar BS as my reasoning). But I'm starting to realize that Happiness >> Money. So many lawyers, even very successful ones, just seem miserable, and I don't know if that's the path I want to go down.
Though if law does make you happy go for it, I'm sure there are plenty of happy lawyers, I just don't think I'd be on of them if I stick with it.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:09 pm

NYC Law wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
+ 1

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=181710

Mostly just dislike of the law. I don't think it is critical to 'love what you do', but you should at least like it. When I think about what I'd really like to do if money weren't an issue it probably would be somewhere in the tech field, probably on the programming side. Honestly speaking, money was probably the big draw with law (though I never would have admitted that before, I'd just come up with 'love of the law and desire to make society better' or some similar BS as my reasoning). But I'm starting to realize that Happiness >> Money. So many lawyers, even very successful ones, just seem miserable, and I don't know if that's the path I want to go down.
Though if law does make you happy go for it, I'm sure there are plenty of happy lawyers, I just don't think I'd be on of them if I stick with it.
Very, very similar to how I'm feelin. Good luck!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:58 pm

What are ConLaw flashcards and why do I (not) need them?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”