1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
FeelTheHeat

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby FeelTheHeat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 pm

alicrimson wrote:Finals prep is a go. Today I read two units of property supplement, did two chapters of the Estates and Future Interests workbook/supplement, went through the outline once, and did 4 Cali Lessons. Hurray property day! Also, had law review tutoring. I think if this kind of a schedule can be maintained with a different class daily and practice tests ~3 weeks out, I will be in good shape. Now the brief, on the other hand, that might be a problem. I just can't get motivated. I suppose this weekend I will really go to work on it starting Friday morning. I have done the initial draft, received comments, and have a meeting with my prof scheduled Monday. Not due until the 16th. Plenty of time to put together something atleast B+ worthy. I'm not doing the B in writing classes. That is out. I hope everyone else has had a productive day or atleast a good one.

Didn't do a damn thing lol...

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Finals prep is a go. Today I read two units of property supplement, did two chapters of the Estates and Future Interests workbook/supplement, went through the outline once, and did 4 Cali Lessons. Hurray property day! Also, had law review tutoring. I think if this kind of a schedule can be maintained with a different class daily and practice tests ~3 weeks out, I will be in good shape. Now the brief, on the other hand, that might be a problem. I just can't get motivated. I suppose this weekend I will really go to work on it starting Friday morning. I have done the initial draft, received comments, and have a meeting with my prof scheduled Monday. Not due until the 16th. Plenty of time to put together something atleast B+ worthy. I'm not doing the B in writing classes. That is out. I hope everyone else has had a productive day or atleast a good one.

Didn't do a damn thing lol...

There's still 34 days? Also, I find I like doing work so that I can keep myself away from the brief. I hate the brief. Yerk!

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Can't wait for this damn brief business to be over with already so I can focus on my doctrinal classes again.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:49 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
beachbum wrote:Can't believe 1L almost over.

i can't believe 1L is still going. it's a nightmare that never ends.

when is your oral argument? soo excited for moot court to be over this week.

mine is on thursday. glad it's just about over.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 am

Whoa, that's a lot. I wrote half a page of my outline and I was like "wow, I'm pooped. great work!"

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:14 pm

ilovesf wrote:conlaw will be the end of me. and why, at the end of the semester, is he giving us more reading a night than before? i hate this dude.

I'm really interested in what the multiple choice questions will be. His book and lectures have great breadth but rarely much depth. We've only learned a handful of concepts that can be exam questions. Most of what we learn is covered in 1-3 page segments in the book.

Of course, his old exams don't have example multiple choice questions. That would be too easy.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Civ Pro has been studied. 1x outline, 3 chapters E&E, 2 chapters glannon's with questions. Tomorrow is Con Blaw. I don't have a good con law study track record....and the dreaded brief. Weekends are not a strong study time for me and tomorrow brings the worst of evils.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 pm

4 hours worth of the CivPro tapes on the way home. Feel like a bawse.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:09 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:4 hours worth of the CivPro tapes on the way home. Feel like a bawse.

Yay tapes! Did you do the sum and substance? Those are pure gold. Thank you, lawbrary.

Sapientia

Postby Sapientia » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 pm

alicrimson, continue posting your exam prep progess. It's guilt tripping me into wanting to work

reformed calvinist

Postby reformed calvinist » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Sapientia wrote:alicrimson, continue posting your exam prep progess. It's guilt tripping me into wanting to work

Lol, especially with the Hermione avatar.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 pm

no prep today :( class from 8:30am - 7:30 pm. way too tired now to do anything productive at all.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

alicrimson wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:4 hours worth of the CivPro tapes on the way home. Feel like a bawse.

Yay tapes! Did you do the sum and substance? Those are pure gold. Thank you, lawbrary.

Absolutely. Importing the ConLaw one into my iTunes as I type to listen to at the gym.

Doing nothing the next two days will hurt, but for gfs 21st bday it's worth it

sundance95

Postby sundance95 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:01 am

What tapes are these?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 am

ilovesf wrote:no prep today :( class from 8:30am - 7:30 pm. way too tired now to do anything productive at all.

lalala not doing anything until mWOOT court is done and over with.

soon.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:03 am

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:no prep today :( class from 8:30am - 7:30 pm. way too tired now to do anything productive at all.

soon.

That's tomorrow for me! YAY

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:10 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:

soon.

same!

mine is at 7:45 though, so... ugh.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:14 am

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:

soon.

same!

mine is at 7:45 though, so... ugh.

lol.. mine too.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:57 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
alicrimson wrote:

Absolutely. Importing the ConLaw one into my iTunes as I type to listen to at the gym.

Doing nothing the next two days will hurt, but for gfs 21st bday it's worth it

This is true. If it makes you feel better, I barely do anything on the weekends as a general rule. We shall see if this changes but last weekend was dedicated to Game of Thrones and booze. Two things that are not, thank God, Con law.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Please to share the Con Law Sum and Substance?

Never mind. My school has it!

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:42 am

finished with oral arguments! wooo.

what was absolutely shocking was just how well i did for as little time i spent on it. i was so nervous until the first question, and after that, i felt totally comfortable. not a single criticism from the judges. :shock:

ugh, now i have no excuse for not studying for finals...except for job interviews...yeah, i think i'll study after those.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 am

Lasers wrote:finished with oral arguments! wooo.

what was absolutely shocking was just how well i did for as little time i spent on it. i was so nervous until the first question, and after that, i felt totally comfortable. not a single criticism from the judges. :shock:

ugh, now i have no excuse for not studying for finals...except for job interviews...yeah, i think i'll study after those.

Me too! I was super nervous for the first like 2 minutes but then I felt really comfortable. I actually think I'm gonna try out for moot court now. the judges only had nice things to say to me :) same with my opponent mostly, only he accidentally called the judge "sir" instead of "your honor".. they were really nice and complimentary though.

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:21 am

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:finished with oral arguments! wooo.

Me too! I was super nervous for the first like 2 minutes but then I felt really comfortable. I actually think I'm gonna try out for moot court now. the judges only had nice things to say to me :) same with my opponent mostly, only he accidentally called the judge "sir" instead of "your honor".. they were really nice and complimentary though.

haha awesome! congrats on successful argument.

interested in moot court awards now.

...also, i still won't try out for moot court. :lol:

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Briefs are going to be the death of me. I have a draft and am working on polishing it up for the April 16th due date. Well, I hate the brief I am writing. My boyfriend started messing with stressed out brief writing me and I nearly bit his head off. I will be so happy when this is finished. I think bf will too. :P Law school is silly. Need to stop letting it mess with my emotions. lol.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:20 am

Had a GREAT weekend. Feel reloaded and ready to rock till the end of the semester. Doing this week's reading today and spending the rest working on my brief. That'll give me all the time I need to outline over the course of the week. Hoping to make it a good one.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”