1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rocon7383

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby rocon7383 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:12 pm

if my civ pro exam tomorrow covers the AFC wildcard race i'm SO MONEY. Anything, meh.

target

Postby target » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:13 pm

rocon7383 wrote:if my civ pro exam tomorrow covers the AFC wildcard race i'm SO MONEY. Anything, meh.

Nah, just tebowtize your exam, and you are good.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 pm

target wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:if my civ pro exam tomorrow covers the AFC wildcard race i'm SO MONEY. Anything, meh.

Do nothing for the first 3 hours then just go nuts the last hour?

Sounds good.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 pm

target wrote:

if you keep praying and don't do anything, you'll probably still get an A

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:35 pm

ilovesf wrote:
target wrote:

No that's not how it works. You gotta try, but sprinkle in random prayers every now and then. Don't half ass it though, get off your chair and kneel down to do it. After the exam, when people ask how you did, make sure to say, "Well first I have to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ." If you don't do that, God will think you don't care about him and will spite you for it.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

TheFutureLawyer wrote:
No that's not how it works. You gotta try, but sprinkle in random prayers every now and then. Don't half ass it though, get off your chair and kneel down to do it. After the exam, when people ask how you did, make sure to say, "Well first I have to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ." If you don't do that, God will think you don't care about him and will spite you for it.

I'm awaiting a picture of someone tebowing in the middle of the exam. You gotta get up on your table and do it.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

ilovesf wrote:
target wrote:

Don't forget having everyone else suck so bad you have to be on the top of the curve.

AlexanderSupertramp

Postby AlexanderSupertramp » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:42 pm

On the way to my torts exam yesterday a giant prayer circle was blocking the door. They invited me to join but I told them it would be a conflict of interest since I'd just made a deal with the devil earlier in the day.

johansantana21

Postby johansantana21 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:44 pm

ilovesf wrote:
TheFutureLawyer wrote:

I'm awaiting a picture of someone tebowing in the middle of the exam. You gotta get up on your table and do it.

Now this image is stuck in my mind.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:45 pm

johansantana21 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:
TheFutureLawyer wrote:

Now this image is stuck in my mind.

does that mean you'll do it?

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:04 am

Had to do this one...

--ImageRemoved--

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:11 am

couldn't help myself

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:22 am

--ImageRemoved--

So this is what the rest of my night is going to be like...

swissalps007

Postby swissalps007 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:05 am

I have a quick and easy Torts question that I hope someone can answer. Concerning a duty to act- in many hypos involving a torts style accident, there is often someone present with some sort of relevant expertise or knowledge. DOES this person have an elevated duty to act, or simply an elevated standard of care, if they CHOOSE to act?

For example: group goes skiing in the woods, one of the skiiers is not an EMT but has first aid training. if someone gets hurt, will they be liable if they do not act? OR is it the case that if they do act, they will be held to the higher standard of care of a reasonable person with similar knowledge?

Thanks!!

NYC Law

Postby NYC Law » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 am

swissalps007 wrote:I have a quick and easy Torts question that I hope someone can answer. Concerning a duty to act- in many hypos involving a torts style accident, there is often someone present with some sort of relevant expertise or knowledge. DOES this person have an elevated duty to act, or simply an elevated standard of care, if they CHOOSE to act?

For example: group goes skiing in the woods, one of the skiiers is not an EMT but has first aid training. if someone gets hurt, will they be liable if they do not act? OR is it the case that if they do act, they will be held to the higher standard of care of a reasonable person with similar knowledge?

Thanks!!

Yeah there isn't an imposed duty to act (though many professional organizations probably impose their own duties for Doctors/Nurses, but this is independent of tort law), but if they do act they could be held to a higher standard, but even then good Samaritan laws typically apply to professionals, so they would have to be grossly negligent to be held liable. IIRC (I haven't even looked at torts in like 10 days, I've been in property mode)

ETA: But the potential issue could be, what if it's that particular persons physician? Is this a special relationship sufficient to impose a duty? And you could argue that both ways depending on the circumstances and what you usually see that physician for.

ETA pt2: And in regard to the skiing thing, first aid training would not impose a duty or create an elevated standard of care, that just applies to professionals.
Last edited by NYC Law on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Extension_Cord

Postby Extension_Cord » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:22 am

swissalps007 wrote:I have a quick and easy Torts question that I hope someone can answer. Concerning a duty to act- in many hypos involving a torts style accident, there is often someone present with some sort of relevant expertise or knowledge. DOES this person have an elevated duty to act, or simply an elevated standard of care, if they CHOOSE to act?

Thanks!!

No duty unless they caused it. Probably not even be held to a higher standard just off of "first aid training." Doctors dont have a duty to act either.

If you have intent to make a person think you are going to rescue, but you laugh and leave them there, you have a duty to rescue. If you just sit there and watch them, no duty to rescue despite your training (unless they are your licensee or you caused it).

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:24 am

Here we go! Got up and got in a workout and a good breakfast :) First exam starts in an hour and a half!

Good luck to every taking a final today!!!

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 am

lifestooquick wrote:Here we go! Got up and got in a workout and a good breakfast :) First exam starts in an hour and a half!

Good luck! I've got my last exam today, just need to ask myself WWTD.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Here we go! Got up and got in a workout and a good breakfast :) First exam starts in an hour and a half!

Good luck! I've got my last exam today, just need to ask myself WWTD.

Hail, Tebow. May you write analogies as tight as Tebow's spirals. Amen.

bostonlawchick

Postby bostonlawchick » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am

Good luck to everyone with exams today!

crossarmant

Postby crossarmant » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 am

CivPro in two hours. I feel uncomfortable with this exam, but you know, what else could I have done all semester to make myself feel better? I did all the readings, went through the E&E, went to BarBri lectures, studied and worked through the Q&A... I guess we'll just see.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 am

Heading into exam 3/4. Not feeling nearly as confident as for the others. But oh well. Strap on the crash helmet and hope it's not too bad!

Dany

Postby Dany » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:47 am

What exactly did I learn in this class?

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am

Dany wrote:What exactly did I learn in this class?

Nobody knows. But let's do this shit.

TheFutureLawyer

Postby TheFutureLawyer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am

Dany wrote:What exactly did I learn in this class?

Made this just for you;

--ImageRemoved--

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”