1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rawrab
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby rawrab » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I just took my contracts midterm and while studying I made a point of only memorizing certain UCC sections that I thought would be issues based on past exams. Of coure on the exam he mentions one of the sections I was sure wouldn't be on it in two different scenariors. Is not being able to analyze and talk about that one UCC section something that will make or break the exam? I'm feeling like a steaming pile of shit right now.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:46 pm

rawrab wrote:I just took my contracts midterm and while studying I made a point of only memorizing certain UCC sections that I thought would be issues based on past exams. Of coure on the exam he mentions one of the sections I was sure wouldn't be on it in two different scenariors. Is not being able to analyze and talk about that one UCC section something that will make or break the exam? I'm feeling like a steaming pile of shit right now.


Dont feel bad. I didnt really study the bullshit cases we studied the first week of class because they seemed more like an intro rather than the substantive part of the class. 50% of our exam was an open ended policy question about them. There werent even mentioned outside the first week of class. The hours i spent learning the 95% of the material was a complete waste of time and I had to ramble on for 1500 words about some subject I only knew from glancing past it on my outline saying "This wont be on the essay portion" :oops:

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:49 pm

completely freaking the fuck out. someone bring me back down.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:52 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:completely freaking the fuck out. someone bring me back down.



freaking out as well... had to go home and watch espn for an hour- ( and hop on TLS) and while I know its better that I do this, i feel guilty and like im falling behind... i know im not, but i dont know how to calm the f*&@ down...

User avatar
johansantana21
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby johansantana21 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Freaking out. Just realized I made some dumb DUMB mistakes on multiple choice section. These were like the easiest questions also on an already easy exam, so the curve is insane.

Another final in a few days...I better get over this soon...

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

northwood wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:completely freaking the fuck out. someone bring me back down.



freaking out as well... had to go home and watch espn for an hour- ( and hop on TLS) and while I know its better that I do this, i feel guilty and like im falling behind... i know im not, but i dont know how to calm the f*&@ down...


at least you have new puppies

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:14 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
northwood wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:completely freaking the fuck out. someone bring me back down.



freaking out as well... had to go home and watch espn for an hour- ( and hop on TLS) and while I know its better that I do this, i feel guilty and like im falling behind... i know im not, but i dont know how to calm the f*&@ down...


at least you have new puppies

post pictures of said puppies to make us all feel better

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:16 pm

I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:17 pm

puppy power


--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:18 pm

First exam is an 8 hour take-home starting at 8am tomorrow. Probably the class I felt most confident in this quarter, but I'm still pretty nervous. Taking a practice exam yesterday definitely helped calm me down, but I'll still be relieved when I'm on the other side of this thing.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:First exam is an 8 hour take-home starting at 8am tomorrow. Probably the class I felt most confident in this quarter, but I'm still pretty nervous. Taking a practice exam yesterday definitely helped calm me down, but I'll still be relieved when I'm on the other side of this thing.

I am almost certainly going to fail. Buss might cry when she reads my exam.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 pm

Dany wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:First exam is an 8 hour take-home starting at 8am tomorrow. Probably the class I felt most confident in this quarter, but I'm still pretty nervous. Taking a practice exam yesterday definitely helped calm me down, but I'll still be relieved when I'm on the other side of this thing.

I am almost certainly going to fail. Buss might cry when she reads my exam.

After she reads my exam, I expect UChicago to take a hard look at how they choose people to accept off the waitlist.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:28 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

this is like cardinal rule #1 of things not to do

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

this is like cardinal rule #1 of things not to do

Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.

User avatar
orm518
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby orm518 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Had giant issue spotting Ks this morning, walking out I overheard someone say something like "that whole hypo was totally promissory estoppel....."

I was like :shock:

Apparently all 4 sections had their Ks exam this morning and these bros weren't in my class. Phew.

On to Torts, good luck everyone.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.

For reals. Someone I have only talked to once came up to me and asked what I put for a specific multiple choice question - that ignored the shit out of me. I just told him I didn't want to talk about the exam.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

this is like cardinal rule #1 of things not to do

Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.


This. Everyone was talking about the exam. I left immediately afterwards, went to my apartment to eat dinner and now I am back, but yeah had to get away because everyone was talking about it.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

this is like cardinal rule #1 of things not to do

Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.


This. Everyone was talking about the exam. I left immediately afterwards, went to my apartment to eat dinner and now I am back, but yeah had to get away because everyone was talking about it.


why are people so fucking retarded about this? it's not that hard to just shut up

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby paulinaporizkova » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:I feel the same. I think I got the issues but might have called one of the people by a different name. I can't remember. I thought I did okay afterwards until I looked at the exam again. Should not have done that.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

this is like cardinal rule #1 of things not to do

Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.

I went to look for that Christian Bale face meme, but I can't find it. I need Schop

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby crossarmant » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Look at the exam again after finishing? Yeah, I'm not planning to do that. And anyone who tries to talk to me about this exam before we at least get our grades back (and probably still after that) will be irl defriended.


Agreed, after it was done, I bolted and left my earplugs in. I'm in isolation until grades come out. I don't need to second guess myself more than I already do. There was one issue that I felt I flubbed, to the point where on the walk home I swore I missed it. Fucking pro-tanto damages reduction calculations for settlements prior to the case... It was almost verbatim the question on last years exam and I swore I fucked it. Got home, checked and realized I did it right. Beyond that, I'm trying my best to ignore the exam I'm done with.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 pm

I should make a 1L Exam Prep and Demotivation Thread for fears about life failure and pictures of sad things.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Image

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby ilovesf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Image

User avatar
Extension_Cord
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Extension_Cord » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:01 pm

northwood wrote:puppy power


--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)


AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Postby Dany » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Image




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tx1990 and 4 guests