1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rocon7383

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:20 pm

does anyone have access to civil procedure exams with model answers? So far i can't seem to find any with the answers.

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:21 pm

crossarmant wrote:Just did my first non-mid term practice exam... I feel pretty confident about my performance. I'm meeting with the prof tomorrow morning to be taken down a peg or 8.
when's your final? just wondering, trying to get a handle on where i am in relation to my peers.

More generally, how is everyone grappling with the fact that your finals are spread out? For example, my exam schedule is:

Civ Pro: Dec. 12th
Crim: 16th
Torts: 21st

My civ pro exam is worth more credits than the other two, and i wanna really study hard, but I also dont want to neglect the other two.

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:25 pm

My Civ Pro exam is only 2 credits everything else is 3 so I'm doing the opposite! Although, I only got a B on the midterm in that class so I do need to step it up.
I've got:
property-tomorrow
Civ pro- Monday
Contracts-thursday
Torts- Sat, 10th

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Just had my property exam. Do not even want to talk about it, I know I messed up RAP, just like I knew I would because I was having freaking nightmares about it. I had really high hopes because I had the top mark for our midterm. Oh well. I just gotta power onto civpro in the morning.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I have heard repeatedly to not think at all about exams you have already taken. Just keep that head up and looking forward as best you can.

My Civ Pro teacher dropped the policy bomb on us. Exam isn't for another week. I should have known it from her previous exams, but meh. Not really sure how much I can do now to prepare for it since I haven't been paying much attention to policy the whole semester. I'll just read GTM on policy, review what I can, look at past student's outlines, and hope for the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

$peppercorn

Bronze

Post by $peppercorn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 pm

rocon7383 wrote:
crossarmant wrote:Just did my first non-mid term practice exam... I feel pretty confident about my performance. I'm meeting with the prof tomorrow morning to be taken down a peg or 8.
when's your final? just wondering, trying to get a handle on where i am in relation to my peers.

More generally, how is everyone grappling with the fact that your finals are spread out? For example, my exam schedule is:

My civ pro exam is worth more credits than the other two, and i wanna really study hard, but I also dont want to neglect the other two.
Other than my test tomorrow and the weekend Ive got a final every other day. I think with that time between your finals you should be able to at least devote one of the days to review your other subjects. I'd probably give myself the two days leading up to the exam as exclusive for the exam subject while mixing others in the first couple days

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

shock259 wrote:I have heard repeatedly to not think at all about exams you have already taken. Just keep that head up and looking forward as best you can.

My Civ Pro teacher dropped the policy bomb on us. Exam isn't for another week. I should have known it from her previous exams, but meh. Not really sure how much I can do now to prepare for it since I haven't been paying much attention to policy the whole semester. I'll just read GTM on policy, review what I can, look at past student's outlines, and hope for the best.
me and 2 other friends are doing a solely policy review session for torts on Saturday. Just a suggestion since I bet you're not the only on this boat, and 3 heads are most likely better than one

superhands

New

Post by superhands » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:23 pm

FUCK. Sorry, but I just needed to vent some stress.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:04 am

rocon7383 wrote:

My first final is next Wednesday. Meeting with Prof tomorrow, taking two more over the weekend and then meeting back up on Monday. I also have about 4 days in between each exam which gives a great amount of time to fully study each subject.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 am

rocon7383 wrote:does anyone have access to civil procedure exams with model answers? So far i can't seem to find any with the answers.
+1 Need this as well...My professor has given no practice exams.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 am

SilverE2 wrote:
rocon7383 wrote:does anyone have access to civil procedure exams with model answers? So far i can't seem to find any with the answers.
+1 Need this as well...My professor has given no practice exams.

http://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshall/services/exams/

http://law.widener.edu/lawlibrary/servi ... chive.aspx

http://community.udayton.edu/law/librar ... _exams.php

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 am

ilovesf wrote:Just had my property exam. Do not even want to talk about it, I know I messed up RAP, just like I knew I would because I was having freaking nightmares about it. I had really high hopes because I had the top mark for our midterm. Oh well. I just gotta power onto civpro in the morning.
ah, i hate that feeling. don't worry about it. performance on the test is relative so you never know how well you did.

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:34 am

Does anyone have a link to a good outline database? Someone posted a pretty cool free outline site a couple weeks ago but I didn't add it to my favorites. I was wondering if anyone has a link to something similar.

EDIT: Found it, http://outlinesumo.com/
Last edited by Extension_Cord on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Extension_Cord

Silver

Post by Extension_Cord » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:37 am

Also, my torts exam is in 7.5 hours! FML

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:47 am

Any sites with basic checklists for 1L classes?

Just looking for barebones/skeleton type outlines...can fill in from my classes

Peg

Bronze

Post by Peg » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:51 am

jd20132013 wrote:Any sites with basic checklists for 1L classes?

Just looking for barebones/skeleton type outlines...can fill in from my classes
Best thing to do is use the professor's syllabus as the skeleton and fill it in.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:54 am

I've heard that, but there's the nagging fear I'll leave something out of the self-made checklist...I almost feel like if I understand it well enough to make a perfect checklist I probably won't even need it

But I suppose that's the point, learning it well enough to make the checklist.

weekend just got longer.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thesteelers

Bronze

Post by thesteelers » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:25 am

Does anyone (including 2Ls and 3Ls) have a check list of policy rationales for Contracts and Property? Policy rationales are the one thing I can't remember, probably because I hate them and think they're a distraction.

bostonlawchick

Bronze

Post by bostonlawchick » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:11 am

thesteelers wrote:Does anyone (including 2Ls and 3Ls) have a check list of policy rationales for Contracts and Property? Policy rationales are the one thing I can't remember, probably because I hate them and think they're a distraction.
This is relevant to my interests.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Last day or so was not as productive as I would have liked. The remedying bad behavior mobile is striking me hard and fast today...if the bus driver let me off 12 inches from the curb today, violating some six inch drop off statute, I'd be collecting some serious negligence damages. Oh lawl school, you silly chicken.

introversional

Bronze

Post by introversional » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 pm

bostonlawchick wrote:
thesteelers wrote:Does anyone (including 2Ls and 3Ls) have a check list of policy rationales for Contracts and Property? Policy rationales are the one thing I can't remember, probably because I hate them and think they're a distraction.
This is relevant to my interests.
For contracts I tie every policy rationale back to the premise of promoting commerce and exchange in the context of our capitalist ideologies. (self evident w/the UCC's crazy ways) For property I tie every policy rationale back to the continuously evolving civil rights developments post 1066 era William the Conqueror/Bastard norms. I hope my professors have a sense of humor when grading.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

$peppercorn

Bronze

Post by $peppercorn » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

I survived torts. Professor surprised us with a 3500 word limit but said we won't come close that... I got 3498.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Talked over my practice exam with my professor. He was actually quite pleased with it, gives me hope for Wednesday. I need to do a few more just to get myself better accustomed to it.

jarv1506

New

Post by jarv1506 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:21 pm

torts and property down. now a nice relaxing weekend with contracts and civ pro.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Dear Civil Procedure... please fucking die. Thank you.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”