1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Lasers

Gold

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by Lasers » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:54 pm

anyone worried about how behind they are?

i was looking at my finals schedule, which is fast approaching, and i'm feeling i'm pretty screwed at this point; median pwnage will be inevitable. :|

Sapientia

Bronze

Post by Sapientia » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Lasers wrote:anyone worried about how behind they are?

i was looking at my finals schedule, which is fast approaching, and i'm feeling i'm pretty screwed at this point; median pwnage will be inevitable. :|
?

Most schools have about a month and a half left right? That seems like plenty of time to catch up.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 am

yes :( no motivation AT ALL.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:34 am

I've actually started to get hot. I spent most of the semester jerking off, but in the last two weeks I've become motivated. I spent all of spring break working on and completing my outlines. Completing them to the point that Im at in my classes, which is about 70%. Ill update every week.

Anyway, come on guys its starting to get to crunch time! A lot of us did well last semester and if we want to make Law Review we have to kick ass!

:mrgreen:

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:31 am

Sapientia wrote:

?

Most schools have about a month and a half left right? That seems like plenty of time to catch up.
well hello there mr. brightside...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 am

ilovesf wrote:

yes :( no motivation AT ALL.
i think moot court might be in the way of studying; i haven't previously cared about it, but now that arguments are only a couple days away, i'm having to spend some time on it now since i don't want to look like an idiot in front of judges.

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm

My goal is to get motivated this week. Spring break is officially over tomorrow and I need to keep at least my GPA from last semester. My only consolation is that everyone else appears to be as slack as I am this semester.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:24 pm

AlexanderSupertramp wrote:My goal is to get motivated this week. Spring break is officially over tomorrow and I need to keep at least my GPA from last semester. My only consolation is that everyone else appears to be as slack as I am this semester.
same here :(

I didn't do shit during spring break, but I need to get in the zone. I need to start outlining tomorrow. I keep pushing it off until "the next day" or maybe "tuesday" then "friday" then "Sunday" and now "monday."

for real, let's outline tomorrow and re-post our progress so I feel so some sort of accountability.

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Moot Court tomorrow. Still don't know what my arguing points will be.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:13 pm

EWWWWW this thread.

Makes me start thinking about finals and how far behind I am.

Yech.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Guchster wrote:
AlexanderSupertramp wrote:My goal is to get motivated this week. Spring break is officially over tomorrow and I need to keep at least my GPA from last semester. My only consolation is that everyone else appears to be as slack as I am this semester.
same here :(

I didn't do shit during spring break, but I need to get in the zone. I need to start outlining tomorrow. I keep pushing it off until "the next day" or maybe "tuesday" then "friday" then "Sunday" and now "monday."

for real, let's outline tomorrow and re-post our progress so I feel so some sort of accountability.
I need to do this as well. I was so busy catching up on reading during break that there was no time for outlining. I'm done with all my reading for this week and very nearly caught up for the semester. It's time.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:26 pm

This thread alternately stresses me out and makes me get shit done.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:27 pm

I haven't started outlining or anything yet, but my appellate brief is due next weekend. Plan is to kick it into high gear after that, I should be okay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:39 pm

Fuck appellate advocacy. 10 minute oral presentation on Tuesday that is supposed to last two hours and I haven't started preparing for.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:41 pm

akili wrote:This thread alternately stresses me out and makes me get shit done.
+1. Need to get the appellate brief out of my way first though. What a pain that thing is.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I can't concentrate! It took me 3 hours to read 3 pages, not even joking. I need help.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:57 pm

outlines up to date and pass/fail legal writing

taking insults itt

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:58 pm

dreakol wrote:outlines up to date and pass/fail legal writing

taking insults itt
congratulations :roll:

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:59 pm

dreakol wrote:outlines up to date and pass/fail legal writing

taking insults itt
you don't belong here

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Guys, any advice on Civ Pro besides the E & E, Acing Civ Pro, and practice problems? Same for Con Law and Chemerinski? My finals are essays this semester, which make me feel good because those are the ones I did well in for fall.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:00 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Guys, any advice on Civ Pro besides the E & E, Acing Civ Pro, and practice problems? Same for Con Law and Chemerinski? My finals are essays this semester, which make me feel good because those are the ones I did well in for fall.
i love this book: http://www.amazon.com/Civil-Procedure-E ... 006&sr=1-2

does an excellent job explaining the concepts-better than the e&e imo- and the history of civil procedure
Last edited by dreakol on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Guys, any advice on Civ Pro besides the E & E, Acing Civ Pro, and practice problems? Same for Con Law and Chemerinski? My finals are essays this semester, which make me feel good because those are the ones I did well in for fall.
open or closed book?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:07 pm

ilovesf wrote:
open or closed book?
Open..

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:09 pm

I got an A in Civ Pro (we cram the whole damn course into one semester here).

Right about now: I just did every fucking problem in the E&E. You also have some time to look up Freer's Civ Pro book posted above. He gives really awesome strategies for analysis.

For the last few weeks before the final: I watched the freer barbri lecture and used it to make a big picture guide. He's so good at breaking down each of the civ pro topics with manageable strategies. I used the "Acing Civ Pro" to make one attack outline that I practiced with.

The last week before finals (and the reason I think I booked the class): I pre-wrote "the I and R" in IRAC for every topic: Erie response, PJ, SJ (pre-wrote DJ and FQJ, SupJ), Claim/Issue Preclusion, etc. I think this is where I banked most of my points. Instead of freezing up on flipping through my FRCP book for a venue issue, I just went to my pre-written answer and typed up the exam-friendly venue rule I had perfected. For a really hardcore discovery issue, I had already written up a massssssive rule entry and picked and chose what I wanted to include and it gave me tons of stability in attacking the Q.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Also heat. I'm not sure if you covered discovery, joinder, and Rule 13/14, but the CALI lessons really helped me figure out the more nuanced parts of this stuff.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”