1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Bronze

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by 23402385985 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 pm

God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.

AlexanderSupertramp

Bronze

Post by AlexanderSupertramp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 pm

I'm gonna need someone to hold me when I flunk Contracts!

thegrayman

Silver

Post by thegrayman » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

joncrooshal wrote:God do I hate having a POS multiple choice exam for Torts.
that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is

Gettingstarted1928

Bronze

Post by Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 am

thegrayman wrote:
that is weak!

nothing like being told all semester that there is no right answer only to learn at the end of the class that apparently there is
Multiple choice Qs are ridiculous. I don't know why a Torts professor would do this. It seems inevitable that he/she will end up having to throw a couple questions out.

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 am

thegrayman wrote:
that is weak!

Well, from what I've heard, his exam is AMAZING bar prep (way better than a normal essay exam). Problem is, I'd really like to not have a MC exam. Just no way to show off your Torts knowledge. I knew all year it was going to be MC (and I did not outline at all, since it's completely pointless).

Just sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:28 am

Gettingstarted1928 wrote:
thegrayman wrote:
that is weak!

Multiple choice Qs are ridiculous. I don't know why a Torts professor would do this. It seems inevitable that he/she will end up having to throw a couple questions out.
Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:41 am

joncrooshal wrote:
thegrayman wrote:
that is weak!

Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(
What? Why would he test you about stuff you won't take until 2L or 3L?

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:00 pm

ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote: Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(
That's a great question that I wish I had an answer to.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote: Haha, he won't throw any out. 1/3 of the questions are going to be questions from his quizzes throughout the semester. The other 2/3 are going to be older quiz questions, Torts II questions, Insurance Law questions, etc. Stuff we won't take until 2L or 3L. :(
Before I went to law school, I probably would've called bullshit. Now that I am a 1L I just say good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Bronze

Post by 23402385985 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:02 pm

ph14 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Before I went to law school, I probably would've called bullshit. Now that I am a 1L I just say good luck.
Unfortunately, I know for a fact that these questions are on it. I've heard it from 2Ls and 3Ls independently (including someone who posts on here and gave me a heads up). It's fucking bullshit and only serves who can guess better, IMO.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm

My torts exam is 1/3 multiple choice and my contracts exam is 2/3 multiple choice.

And my school is too cheap to give us CALI lessons. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy an individual subscription yet.

Gettingstarted1928

Bronze

Post by Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

shock259 wrote:My torts exam is 1/3 multiple choice and my contracts exam is 2/3 multiple choice.

And my school is too cheap to give us CALI lessons. Haven't decided if I'm going to buy an individual subscription yet.
My school has them, but I'm not even doing them. Who has time for 'em with outlining, practice tests, supplements, etc.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:44 pm

I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gettingstarted1928

Bronze

Post by Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:47 pm

ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.
Did you not go home for Thanksgiving?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:53 pm

ilovesf wrote:I've only seen one other person at the library so far today. 9:30 am and ready for a full day of going over my property outline, reading the e&e and making flashcards. Also, I slept really weirdly on my arm last night and 1.5 hours after waking up, it is STILL tingling. This shit is going to distract the hell out of me today.
I live at home :)

Gettingstarted1928

Bronze

Post by Gettingstarted1928 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:54 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lucky. I thought I wasn't going to get much done at home, but I was more productive than I am at my apartment

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

ilovesf wrote:
lucky
Yeah, at the beginning of the school year I thought it would really suck and I'd be that lame kid living at home, but it's actually been great. I'm really happy I decided to do it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:24 pm

There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Haven't been in the lawbrary and weeks, exactly for the reasons you guys are saying...could give a shit what everyone else is doing...got a good 4 hours in yesterday, and still feasted, so I feel pretty good

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:33 pm

gdane wrote:There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

On another note, I'm totally tripping out. I think I had too much caffeine with my aniracetam and oxiracetam today. I never drink caffeine, but there is some in the amino energy powder I drank this morning. On the positive side, I'm blazing through the eerie questions in my e and e.
What's that?

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:34 pm

ph14 wrote:
gdane wrote:There's currently about 11 people, including myself, in the library.

What's that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Last year's torts test taken today. After 3:15 minutes (will spend 4 on real test and subsequent practice tests) of me seeing issues, thinking some are stupid, writing them anyways, and then biting my nails, I have to say it wasn't that bad. I looked over the memo the teacher wrote, his checklist, model answers, and the grade breakdown. I expected a lot worse. It was pretty much solid negligence the whole way with two mini questions about common law pure economic loss and products liability. One thing this test did teach me though is that silly issues will get you points (atleast on this test it seemed to). Also that our test doesn't appear to be super time crunched. I almost wish this was our torts test. I finished nearly 45 minutes early. On the real test I think I'll take more time to check answers and to restructure my answer for prettyness and to fit the disgusting word limit (I did go slightly over. Surprise, surprise...though the model answer did too and he punished them but made note that they still were clearly the highest scored test. hmmm....). Plus, there's always that whole game day "OH FUCK!" for the first three minutes of a test but I am currently working on minimizing that. Overall, feeling pretty good even though I've increased the vyvanse dosage and no longer have any semblance of normal hands because pressure + meds= bitten up hands. Oh well...on to ks. Good luck everyone and congrats on not allowing yourself to be (completely) distracted by all of the fun/wonderment of the Holidays and family.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:36 pm

dabomb75 wrote:
ph14 wrote:

What's that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic
Do a lot of people actually take these things?

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:37 pm

alicrimson wrote: Overall, feeling pretty good even though I've increased the vyvanse dosage and no longer have any semblance of normal hands because pressure + meds= bitten up hands..
holy shit

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Haven't been in the lawbrary and weeks, exactly for the reasons you guys are saying...could give a shit what everyone else is doing...got a good 4 hours in yesterday, and still feasted, so I feel pretty good
I don't pay attention to what people here are doing, in fact I'm the only person in this room right now. I only come here because I am so damn inefficient at home. My dog distracts the hell out of me and I take a snack break about every 10 minutes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”