1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JenDarby

Diamond

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by JenDarby » Fri May 04, 2012 5:58 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
merc280 wrote:
beachbum wrote:Law School: ya know how awesome you felt when you walked out of your last exam, knowing that you'd just completed the first year of law school, and one of the more stressful and challenging experiences in your life? Yeah, didn't that feel great? And I bet you went out drinking with your buddies too, right? Not a care in the world?

lol, no. Here's a 14-page writing assignment, asshole. Fuck you.

one benefit of that is if you really put effort into it you'll probably be accepted since a shit ton of people won't even care how well written their assignment is.
It's 2012 not 2005. EVERYONE gives a fuck, thanks to the shitty job situation.
I think what he's saying is if you worked hard for good grades then you will either grade on to law review or you will only have to put in a good faith effort in the writing competition to do so.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Forgot to post. Been done since Wednesday at noon! Now I get to put grades out of my mind for two months! Yay!

jess

Post by jess » Fri May 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Fri May 04, 2012 6:13 pm

oh man, I forgot how much fun drinking is :lol:

All done with finals, accidentally got in a conversation with others about the exam but every part of the question we talked about I had come out with pretty much the same result so I feel really good about the exam.

Feeling pretty good

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Everyone who is done :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Fri May 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Okay, I'm doing a practice question and I'm pretty sure this book is teaching me wrong things.

In the question we have a landlord who leases to a tenant (T1) who subleases to T2 who subleases to T3.

The book says that there is both privity of estate and privity of contract between T1 and T2.

That's retarded right? There's only privity of contract between T1 and T2? The privity of estate rests in the L to T1 connection, right?

Dick Dastardly

New

Post by Dick Dastardly » Fri May 04, 2012 7:14 pm

Guchster wrote:Okay, I'm doing a practice question and I'm pretty sure this book is teaching me wrong things.

In the question we have a landlord who leases to a tenant (T1) who subleases to T2 who subleases to T3.

The book says that there is both privity of estate and privity of contract between T1 and T2.

That's retarded right? There's only privity of contract between T1 and T2? The privity of estate rests in the L to T1 connection, right?
My understanding is that privity of estate and contract maintain between L and T1, while new privity of estate and contract arise between T1 and T2.

DISCLAIMER: my understanding might not be very good. I have Property next week, and my brain is mush.

hijodehombre

Bronze

Post by hijodehombre » Fri May 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Guchster wrote:Okay, I'm doing a practice question and I'm pretty sure this book is teaching me wrong things.

That's correct:
L leases to T1: POC and POE
T1 subleases to T2: POC and POE
no POE or POC between L and T2

If it's an assignment, L and T1 have POC, T1 and T2 have POC, and L and T2 have POE

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Fri May 04, 2012 7:26 pm

so many people on here with second semester property.. every time i start reading a post and see a property question i just scream on the inside and scroll down as fast as i possibly can

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri May 04, 2012 8:16 pm

So Civ Pro made me its bitch today. Spent 2 weeks on joinder and it was 65% of the test and I was so unprepared for joinder. About to crawl into a bottle of scotch. Is there a better way to deal with my post-exam self-loathing?

Sapientia

Bronze

Post by Sapientia » Fri May 04, 2012 8:26 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:So Civ Pro made me its bitch today. Spent 2 weeks on joinder and it was 65% of the test and I was so unprepared for joinder. About to crawl into a bottle of scotch. Is there a better way to deal with my post-exam self-loathing?
Bourbon. Specifically, Knob Creek

TTTLS

Bronze

Post by TTTLS » Fri May 04, 2012 8:42 pm

I am done. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything though. I feel like an empty shell of my former self.

Villanova3

New

Post by Villanova3 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm a 1L at Villanova and I'm in the middle of finals week. My finals-week freak out is about to hit and I'm just looking for some encouragement, I guess.

Of course I'm probably being irrational, but can anyone here reiterate to me how hard it is to walk away from a semester with a GPA less than 2.0...

I know this sounds ridiculous, but my finals-week freak out (which happens every single semester since UG) is really irrational..

Haha thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 pm

TTTLS wrote:I am done. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything though. I feel like an empty shell of my former self.
At least you're done. Congrats!

Sapientia

Bronze

Post by Sapientia » Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 pm

TTTLS wrote:I am done. I don't feel like I've accomplished anything though. I feel like an empty shell of my former self.
Ha! Well put.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Fri May 04, 2012 8:59 pm

hoory sheet, one more.

oh lawd, so close.

Julio_El_Chavo

Silver

Post by Julio_El_Chavo » Fri May 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Lasers wrote:hoory sheet, one more.

oh lawd, so close.
pew pew

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

So glad to have my elective and Con Law over with! Now the fun stuff begins. My first exam of the year with multiple choice AND word limits is on Tuesday.

I can't believe we're almost done! Where did the year go?

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Villanova3 wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm a 1L at Villanova and I'm in the middle of finals week. My finals-week freak out is about to hit and I'm just looking for some encouragement, I guess.

Of course I'm probably being irrational, but can anyone here reiterate to me how hard it is to walk away from a semester with a GPA less than 2.0...

I know this sounds ridiculous, but my finals-week freak out (which happens every single semester since UG) is really irrational..

Haha thanks!

this is a legitimate concern of mine. One F in a 4 credit class may be enough to get me kicked out, even though my gpa is close to 3, with a 2.667 median. Con law is 4 credits,so this sucks.

Villanova3

New

Post by Villanova3 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:36 pm

merc280 wrote:
Villanova3 wrote:Hey everyone,

Haha thanks!

this is a legitimate concern of mine. One F in a 4 credit class may be enough to get me kicked out, even though my gpa is close to 3, with a 2.667 median. Con law is 4 credits,so this sucks.

Yea... I'm starting to get worried. I have a scholarship that is close to full ride, contingent on a 2.0 at the end of each semester. My courses this semester are: 3 credit elective (already know I'll have at least a B+ in the class), 4 credit contracts, 5 credit property class, 3 credit conlaw and 2 credit legal writing...

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Fri May 04, 2012 9:53 pm

will someone come read the rest of dressler to me?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Fri May 04, 2012 10:05 pm

CIV PRO!!!!
Civ pro is like inception... every time I think I get it I realize there's a whole 'nother level I completely overlooked, I get confused, and realize I know nothing.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 pm

tedalbany wrote:CIV PRO!!!!
Civ pro is like inception... every time I think I get it I realize there's a whole 'nother level I completely overlooked, I get confused, and realize I know nothing.
I lol'd.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri May 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Quick civ. pro question:

I can't find this in my notes anywhere, but I distinctly remember hearing that objections regarding subject-matter jurisdiction can be raised at any time. I confidently believed this until now. I can't believe I never wrote that down.

Can anyone confirm?

Stringer6

Platinum

Post by Stringer6 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 pm

3|ink wrote:Quick civ. pro question:

I can't find this in my notes anywhere, but I distinctly remember hearing that objections regarding subject-matter jurisdiction can be raised at any time. I confidently believed this until now. I can't believe I never wrote that down.

Can anyone confirm?
yes, even if it's raised for the first time on appeal. b/c subject-matter jurisdiction is a constitutional requirement.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”