1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JenDarby

Diamond

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by JenDarby » Mon May 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Stringer6 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Missed an issue on civpro by accidentally deleting it and forgetting to add it back, cest la vie. Overall I think it went well, and since clearly I nailed everything else I should be good. Now while my section friends are out getting beers post final like we usually do, I will be in the library. I know I won't regret it though.
Hmph
HMPH to you. At least we know why she doesn't give model answers - she doesn't rewrite tests! How novel. (wish I didn't presume "no WAY she will just reuse this same question...")

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Mon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Lol this professor did not proof read this exam. Mistakes abound.

kapital98

Silver

Post by kapital98 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:13 pm

ilovesf wrote:Lol this professor did not proof read this exam. Mistakes abound.
I'll be with you in 30 minutes.

I don't know why he doesn't check his documents for spelling and grammar errors. Or at least have his wife look at it. Almost everyone in the class has pointed out his typos at some point.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Lol this professor did not proof read this exam. Mistakes abound.
I'll be with you in 30 minutes.

I don't know why he doesn't check his documents for spelling and grammar errors. Or at least have his wife look at it. Almost everyone in the class has pointed out his typos at some point.
My civ pro professor kept updating the syllabus when people would point out that the pages listed for our reading were ENTIRELY off, but even the final one is not close to correct. It also had such egregious errors as saying "Spession" when she clearly blurred "special" and "session" into one word accidentally.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Mon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm

Who says you can't find time for exercise while studying for finals?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sknight323

New

Post by sknight323 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Is anybody familiar with FMC v. South Carolina Port Authority? If so, can you please explain the Hans presumption to me?

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Regarding personal jurisdiction for intentional conduct: is intentional conduct part of the minimum contacts analysis for specific jurisdiction? Or is intentional conduct its own justification for personal jurisdiction?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Mon May 07, 2012 5:09 pm

It's been 3 hours and I am soooooo bored of taking this test.

$peppercorn

Bronze

Post by $peppercorn » Mon May 07, 2012 5:18 pm

3|ink wrote:Regarding personal jurisdiction for intentional conduct: is intentional conduct part of the minimum contacts analysis for specific jurisdiction? Or is intentional conduct its own justification for personal jurisdiction?
sounds like purposeful availment to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon May 07, 2012 5:20 pm

$peppercorn wrote:
3|ink wrote:Regarding personal jurisdiction for intentional conduct: is intentional conduct part of the minimum contacts analysis for specific jurisdiction? Or is intentional conduct its own justification for personal jurisdiction?
This is how we were told to use it as well.

Seminole_305

New

Post by Seminole_305 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:21 pm

I felt like I knew everything in every exam I have taken but I don't feel the same as last semester where I was sure that I was going to book a class. I am indifferent to everything and I am not sure if this is normal.

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon May 07, 2012 5:25 pm

Seminole_305 wrote:I felt like I knew everything in every exam I have taken but I don't feel the same as last semester where I was sure that I was going to book a class. I am indifferent to everything and I am not sure if this is normal.
Entirely unhelpful side note - we don't have "booking", being a TA because you did well, CALI awards, or even knowledge of our rank outside of Top 10/25/33/50 (of course you can make estimates within those). I'm jealous of schools with all these things.

Also, if you booked a class last semester and are now stating you felt like you knew everything on every exam (hardly a complaint), you likely did well.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Seminole_305 wrote:I felt like I knew everything in every exam I have taken but I don't feel the same as last semester where I was sure that I was going to book a class. I am indifferent to everything and I am not sure if this is normal.
Entirely unhelpful side note - we don't have "booking", being a TA because you did well, CALI awards, or even knowledge of our rank outside of Top 10/25/33/50 (of course you can make estimates within those). I'm jealous of schools with all these things.

Also, if you booked a class last semester and are now stating you felt like you knew everything on every exam (hardly a complaint), you likely did well.
Booking is annoying. Someone who booked one of our classes first semester then felt entitled to speak in every single class ALL THE TIME second semester. It's so awful. I wish we didn't have that distinction because I'm pretty sure it totally went to his head.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Seminole_305

New

Post by Seminole_305 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:30 pm

I didn't book any classes although I felt I did. I did well considering but I am not sure how I feel about this semester. I know I have improved and know that my classmates have improved as well. If I can match what I did last semester with a .5 pump in one or two classes I would be fine.

Well I should know in 2-3 weeks how I did. For now its time for Law Review and Moot Court.

jess

Post by jess » Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeFish

Bronze

Post by JoeFish » Mon May 07, 2012 5:55 pm

2 down 1 to go. that's all.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon May 07, 2012 6:50 pm

JenDarby wrote:
$peppercorn wrote:
This is how we were told to use it as well.
Thank you both.

I realize now I asked the question in a stupid way. I meant to refer to intentional torts committed across state likes, like libel. I was under the impression that intentional torts were sufficient for PJ on their own.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Mon May 07, 2012 6:54 pm

1 guy in my section booked every single one of our first semester ]classes. absurditiessss

edited 3 times - post final coma

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Mon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

bartleby wrote:1 guy in my section booked every single one of our first semester ]classes. absurditiessss

edited 3 times - post final coma
My section too - same guy CALI'd all three substantive classes last semesters (but not LRW)

merc280

Silver

Post by merc280 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

hijodehombre wrote:
merc280 wrote:sitting here wondering where my entire weekend went. Don't feel like I made much of an attempt to learn con law and there is a chance my grade might reflect that. How much studying can I get done before 1PM tomorrow?
seems like Con Law has been weighing you down pretty good these past few days, i think a couple hours of reviewing broad strokes (Standing, Commerce, Spending, Preemption, Due Process of the 14A, P/I) could do you some good,

good luck tomorrow

I believe I just made my first F. That test was so hard I got out of it and cant remember a single question. While I was doing the test I basically guessed on all of the questions since I didn't know all the in's and out's of rational basis and random references to the constitution. It also didn't help that there were 5 selectors each with a (A+C) and (None of the above).

Bad news is that I probably won't be able to transfer, I'll be lucky if I don't get kicked out. Good news is I dont remember a single question on the exam so no harping over it.

Sapientia

Bronze

Post by Sapientia » Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

merc280 wrote:
hijodehombre wrote:
merc280 wrote:sitting here wondering where my entire weekend went. Don't feel like I made much of an attempt to learn con law and there is a chance my grade might reflect that. How much studying can I get done before 1PM tomorrow?
seems like Con Law has been weighing you down pretty good these past few days, i think a couple hours of reviewing broad strokes (Standing, Commerce, Spending, Preemption, Due Process of the 14A, P/I) could do you some good,

good luck tomorrow

I believe I just made my first F. That test was so hard I got out of it and cant remember a single question. While I was doing the test I basically guessed on all of the questions since I didn't know all the in's and out's of rational basis and random references to the constitution. It also didn't help that there were 5 selectors each with a (A+C) and (None of the above).

Bad news is that I probably won't be able to transfer, I'll be lucky if I don't get kicked out. Good news is I dont remember a single question on the exam so no harping over it.
nah, man. probably just median pwnage. at least that's what i tell myself after every test i feel like shit about. it's extremely hard to fail a lol school test.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Mon May 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Am I pretty much doomed if I finished a 3 hour exam an hour early? I kept going over it to see if I was missing any big issues but I just couldn't find anything. Still had in the range of 4-5k words, so it can't be that bad..... I hope ...

sknight323

New

Post by sknight323 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm confused as fuck about the privileges and immunities as well as the P or I. In United Construction, it makes sense to use P and I. But why wouldn't you also use P and I in Saenz and not P or I?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Mon May 07, 2012 9:09 pm

JenDarby wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
JenDarby wrote:Missed an issue on civpro by accidentally deleting it and forgetting to add it back, cest la vie. Overall I think it went well, and since clearly I nailed everything else I should be good. Now while my section friends are out getting beers post final like we usually do, I will be in the library. I know I won't regret it though.
Hmph
HMPH to you. At least we know why she doesn't give model answers - she doesn't rewrite tests! How novel. (wish I didn't presume "no WAY she will just reuse this same question...")
Just realized the test I am taking also has reused questions. I e-mailed my professor regarding one of the questions yesterday and he didn't get back to me. I guess it's because it's on this exam, hahaha.

tedalbany

Gold

Post by tedalbany » Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 pm

ilovesf wrote:
JenDarby wrote:
Stringer6 wrote:
Hmph
Just realized the test I am taking also has reused questions. I e-mailed my professor regarding one of the questions yesterday and he didn't get back to me. I guess it's because it's on this exam, hahaha.

My professor reused a question from her other school (adjunct), and I did see the model answer. Unfortunately, I didn't really read or study the model answer because it's SO DAMN LONG and she elaborates on everything so much. All of this probably hurt me in the end because I still tried to write about the themes and unique policy arguments and crap from the model answer, but it likely sounded like I didn't really know what I was talking about and that I had just skimmed one of her model answers.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”