1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
ilovesf

Diamond

Re: 1L Exam Prep and Motivation Thread

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Is there a point to finalizing your cali practice tests?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Sirius wrote: Internet Tough Guy. Get er done douchebag.
Well at least he won't be screwed if he doesn't like where he is this summer, unlike you.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Guchster wrote:
Sirius wrote:
Guchster wrote:
Sirius wrote:Guch - are you t14? How does your firm look for the summer? For me, if the 2L offer presents itself then I am taking it no questions asked.
Nice. I find the LS is the hell I thought it would be in terms of academics. Most of the subjects/things I learn are painfully boring. I also cannot stand academia which is what LS learning is 100% about.

EDIT: Cannot be more happy everyday knowing I gave up shots at t14 etc at sticker because I would have gotten burnt at those schools. Always go with the $$$$$.
This is the wrong thread to be posting stuff about employment and your preftigious scholarship. Stop shitting up the exam thread and take this crap to legal employment or another place in the lounge.

Internet Tough Guy. Get er done douchebag.
What a charmer.

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:32 pm

It's ok Sirius. If you're not in their clique they'll generally take offense at whatever you say. Cyber-bullying at its finest! Now I know how shoeshine feels :oops:

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:37 pm

adonai wrote:
It's ok Sirius. If you're not in their clique they'll generally take offense at whatever you say. Cyber-bullying at its finest! Now I know how shoeshine feels :oops:
Get over yourself. Someone was talking about how hard they thought a subject was, and what you said came off as making fun of him because you thought it was so easy. Maybe that isn't at all what you meant to say, but that's what it looked like to a lot of other people. This thread is for motivation/support, not to post things belittling others for having difficulty with a subject or talk about how you have great grades and job security so you don't care about studying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

adonai

Silver

Post by adonai » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:49 pm

ilovesf wrote:
adonai wrote:
Get over yourself. Someone was talking about how hard they thought a subject was, and what you said came off as making fun of him because you thought it was so easy. Maybe that isn't at all what you meant to say, but that's what it looked like to a lot of other people. This thread is for motivation/support, not to post things belittling others for having difficulty with a subject or talk about how you have great grades and job security so you don't care about studying.
I really don't see how it comes off as making fun of him at all. I did not insult him or call him stupid or anything. But I see I am not well received here so I'll just stop posting in this thread. Sorry to have caused trouble and best of luck on finals.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:50 pm

adonai wrote: I really don't see how it comes off as making fun of him at all. I did not insult him or call him stupid or anything. But I see I am not well received here so I'll just stop posting in this thread. Sorry to have caused trouble and best of luck on finals.
lol it isn't like you can't post here. I'm just telling you how it was perceived.. now that everyone knows that's not how you meant it, it's not a big deal at all.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm

ilovesf wrote:Is there a point to finalizing your cali practice tests?
Honestly, I've no idea. I've never understood that and whole "want to print out a certificate?" thing.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't think so. I always wonder about this myself, lol. Sometimes my score is so bad, I don't want to see the certificate :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:22 pm

crossarmant wrote:
Honestly, I've no idea. I've never understood that and whole "want to print out a certificate?" thing.
I think that's only there in case a teacher is actually assigning it and needs proof you did it or something.

Guchster

Silver

Post by Guchster » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:24 pm

I just printed out one i got a 100% on. But TBF i already did this cali lesson so i knew the answers. Pathetic, but I'll take what i can get.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Guchster wrote:I just printed out one i got a 100% on. But TBF i already did this cali lesson so i knew the answers. Pathetic, but I'll take what i can get.
lol frame that shit. I always get like 30%.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:30 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Guchster wrote:I just printed out one i got a 100% on. But TBF i already did this cali lesson so i knew the answers. Pathetic, but I'll take what i can get.
lol frame that shit. I always get like 30%.
It makes me feel better to know everyone else bombs the hell out of these too. I always felt like an idiot that was going to get a C- on the final for getting 30%s.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Anyone got any good tips, practice exams, study guides, etc. for legislation/legreg/whatever you call it?? My exam is in a week and I'm worried :/ And I only have one sample question from my prof.

lawyerwannabe

Silver

Post by lawyerwannabe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:42 pm

27-hour ConLaw take home final starting tomorrow. Probably three questions with a total word count under 2500. This should be really, really, fun.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Today is a great day to get stuff done; it's raining and will likely keep raining the rest of the day.

Today is contracts, tomorrow con law, and civ pro II on Monday.

Good luck people!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:53 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:27-hour ConLaw take home final starting tomorrow. Probably three questions with a total word count under 2500. This should be really, really, fun.
It might be worth trying to get out of it by stabbing yourself in the aorta. That sounds like utter torture. I am so lucky I have really had no serious long-term take home exams with word limits. All of mine have been in-class 3-4 hour exams, 2 closed book, 3 open book, 1 hybrid open/closed.
gdane wrote:Today is a great day to get stuff done; it's raining and will likely keep raining the rest of the day.
See, I'm just the opposite, whenever it's raining outside all effort is just sapped from me. Regardless of how hard I try, productivity goes to an all time low on rainy days for some reason.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dabomb75

Bronze

Post by dabomb75 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:57 pm

anyone know of good websites for past exams? Professor has 0 practice exams for us, and it's kinda hard to find environmental law practice exams :?

I already checked Widener, Berkeley, Pepperdine, and GGU's websites.

lawyerwannabe wrote:27-hour ConLaw take home final starting tomorrow. Probably three questions with a total word count under 2500. This should be really, really, fun.
I have a 24 hour one that I'm going to be taking in a week and a half. I feel your pain...

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:01 pm

dabomb75 wrote:anyone know of good websites for past exams? Professor has 0 practice exams for us, and it's kinda hard to find environmental law practice exams :?

I already checked Widener, Berkeley, Pepperdine, and GGU's websites.

I have a 24 hour one that I'm going to be taking in a week and a half. I feel your pain...
I can e-mail you some 1L environmental law exams if you pm me with your e-mail address.

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 pm

time to tackle the beast...contracts for 5 straights days.

contracts, come at me brah.

shock259

Gold

Post by shock259 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Crim law is looking up. I've made a "mini" outline checklist type of thing. In it, I basically go through each offense/defense/whatever and note the common law, then the MPC rules. It's bare and basic, but it's really helpful when actually analyzing a problem. It's also got actus reus and mens rea for specific offenses.

#notasscrewedasiwasyesterday

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:15 pm

shock259 wrote:Crim law is looking up. I've made a "mini" outline checklist type of thing. In it, I basically go through each offense/defense/whatever and note the common law, then the MPC rules. It's bare and basic, but it's really helpful when actually analyzing a problem. It's also got actus reus and mens rea for specific offenses.

#notasscrewedasiwasyesterday
Care to share?

In other news, came so close to a perfect CALI score one an Adverse Possession one but screwed up on the last question after like an hour. Biggest disappointment of the night.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm

First final is tomorrow. 24-hour take-home for Conlaw. Let's do this.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 pm

beachbum wrote:First final is tomorrow. 24-hour take-home for Conlaw. Let's do this.
Wow that sounds shitty. I don't like take-home exams at all. Good luck!

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 pm

beachbum wrote:First final is tomorrow. 24-hour take-home for Conlaw. Let's do this.
On a Sunday?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”