What do you hate most about law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

What do you hate most about LS?

The curve
91
37%
The gunners
33
13%
The assigned work
14
6%
The unassigned work
17
7%
The professors
4
2%
The economy
90
36%
 
Total votes: 249

UML
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby UML » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:32 am

r6_philly wrote:
UML wrote:
Exactly. An advantage. A break from studying where you're not getting drunk or talking about law school w/ other law students. A recuperative break.


I am not the only one who knows how to manage time and getting things done. Just because people don't appear sweating doesn't mean they are 1) missing something or 2) not showing that they are sweating. You are assuming too much. I also work a 4 hour pro-bono shift once a week, my colleagues are not exactly complaining that they are falling behind. Yes there are people who are struggling to hang on, but there are many others going just fine.

Again I am not claiming any of this translate to grades, but the notion that most people are struggling is just simply false.


How do you know you're not missing something? lol.

Anyways, my point was that everyone acts like they're perfect. They majority act that way because they want to hide their problem; the minority are unaware of them. I'm not annoyed by the minority. Repeating "that's simply false" does nothing to dissuade me. Listing your hurdles and telling me how easy it is for you to clear them just makes me think you're one of the people I'm complaining about.
Last edited by UML on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6392
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby 5ky » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:36 am

The last 15 posts are what I hate about law school.

Shut up.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:54 am

UML wrote:
How do you know you're not missing something? lol.


But that's not the original premise you advanced. Even if I was missing something, I wouldn't know, so I wouldn't be sweating and hiding it from anyone.

Anyways, my point was that everyone acts like they're perfect. They majority act that way because they want to hide their problem; the minority are unaware of them. I'm not annoyed by the minority. Repeating "that's simply false" does nothing to dissuade me. Listing your hurdles and telling me how easy it is for you to clear them just makes me think you're one of the people I'm complaining about.


They are not "acting", many are acting like how they feel. Apparently you feel better thinking that everyone else is struggling - all the power to you. If some of your classmates get their work done and act care free, and that annoys you - aren't you behind? You probably don't have time to be annoyed.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby ilovesf » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:55 am

let's all just get along and get back to what is important - bitching about law school.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 am

UML is fucking stupid. "recuperative break." I want to recuperative break your nose. (Moderators, I'll serve my time in the penalty box as you see fit.)


r6_philly, I hope all is going well. Hope to cross paths again sometime in the future.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:33 am

UML wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
UML wrote:
Exactly. An advantage. A break from studying where you're not getting drunk or talking about law school w/ other law students. A recuperative break.


I am not the only one who knows how to manage time and getting things done. Just because people don't appear sweating doesn't mean they are 1) missing something or 2) not showing that they are sweating. You are assuming too much. I also work a 4 hour pro-bono shift once a week, my colleagues are not exactly complaining that they are falling behind. Yes there are people who are struggling to hang on, but there are many others going just fine.

Again I am not claiming any of this translate to grades, but the notion that most people are struggling is just simply false.


How do you know you're not missing something? lol.

Anyways, my point was that everyone acts like they're perfect. They majority act that way because they want to hide their problem; the minority are unaware of them. I'm not annoyed by the minority. Repeating "that's simply false" does nothing to dissuade me. Listing your hurdles and telling me how easy it is for you to clear them just makes me think you're one of the people I'm complaining about.

Plenty of people get their work done just fine. You mad 'cause other people don't have to study 12 hours a day to get their work done?

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:00 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
UML wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
UML wrote:
Exactly. An advantage. A break from studying where you're not getting drunk or talking about law school w/ other law students. A recuperative break.


I am not the only one who knows how to manage time and getting things done. Just because people don't appear sweating doesn't mean they are 1) missing something or 2) not showing that they are sweating. You are assuming too much. I also work a 4 hour pro-bono shift once a week, my colleagues are not exactly complaining that they are falling behind. Yes there are people who are struggling to hang on, but there are many others going just fine.

Again I am not claiming any of this translate to grades, but the notion that most people are struggling is just simply false.


How do you know you're not missing something? lol.

Anyways, my point was that everyone acts like they're perfect. They majority act that way because they want to hide their problem; the minority are unaware of them. I'm not annoyed by the minority. Repeating "that's simply false" does nothing to dissuade me. Listing your hurdles and telling me how easy it is for you to clear them just makes me think you're one of the people I'm complaining about.

Plenty of people get their work done just fine. You mad 'cause other people don't have to study 12 hours a day to get their work done?


LOL

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: What do you hate most about law school?

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:33 am

BackToTheOldHouse wrote:UML is fucking stupid. "recuperative break." I want to recuperative break your nose. (Moderators, I'll serve my time in the penalty box as you see fit.)


r6_philly, I hope all is going well. Hope to cross paths again sometime in the future.


SA in SV? lol

I hope all is well with you too! I am sure you are doing great, keep in touch, let me know where you go in the summer.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MarkinKansasCity and 2 guests