HFA/Asperger and Big Law

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Nucky T

HFA/Asperger and Big Law

Postby Nucky T » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I am new to these forums, but I am a 1L at a lower T14, and I am wondering what are the prospects for someone with Asperger Syndrome in a large law firm.

I've recently learned that law firms send their summer associates to social events and grade them on their performance there, and beyond this, the more I hear about careers in law, the more I wonder if I picked the wrong career.

I have a full-ride (will graduate with no debt) at my law school, so I suppose I could drop out with nothing lost. I am also thinking tax law might be a good bet (but I stupidly majored in History). I have the option at my school of adding a Master of Professional Accounting between my 2nd and 3rd years.

Do you guys think that tax law is a better bet for someone with social deficits like Asperger, or should I just drop out?

kahechsof

Re: HFA/Aspergers and Big Law

Postby kahechsof » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:07 pm

I've met plenty of socially awkward biglaw lawyers. Actually, almost all of them in some way.

Grizz

Re: HFA/Aspergers and Big Law

Postby Grizz » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Nucky T wrote:I am new to these forums, but I am a 1L at a lower T14, and I am wondering what are the prospects for someone with Aspergers Syndrome in a large law firm.

Judging by the users on this forum, prospects are looking good.

Re: HFA/Asperger and Big Law

Postby 20160810 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Obvious troll is obvious

Nucky T

Postby Nucky T » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:07 pm

SBL wrote:Obvious troll is obvious

No, not a troll. I've been browsing these forums for months but just registered to post a question to which I've been unable to obtain the answer from career counselors, etc.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Grizz wrote:
Nucky T wrote:I am new to these forums, but I am a 1L at a lower T14, and I am wondering what are the prospects for someone with Aspergers Syndrome in a large law firm.

Judging by the users on this forum, prospects are looking good.

QFTMFT

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”