Is this a good study/outline plan?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
WilliamMary123

Is this a good study/outline plan?

Postby WilliamMary123 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I plan to go thru all the readings so far (just as highlighted, etc.), class notes, and supplements, then fuse/synthesize them all together to have some kind of synthesized note-set for each concenpt, and put them into one large document to study from.

Does this sound like a good strategy? I realize outlines need to be more conside than this, and I plan to make this document more concise as the semester moves forward.

I'm just wondering if this is a good plan/way to get a good understanding of all the concepts in a class..?

Any input is appreciated!

Grizz

Re: Is this a good study/outline plan?

Postby Grizz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:08 pm

Will it allow you to better apply the law to facts?

If so, congrats! Great study plan.

You're the only one who can know this.

progressing bum

Postby progressing bum » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm

I never post, but this is pretty much my exact study plan. I am a 1L as well, but I am reassured that someone else is thinking this way. I was hoping you might find this post reassuring as well.

WilliamMary123

Postby WilliamMary123 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 pm

progressing bum wrote:I never post, but this is pretty much my exact study plan. I am a 1L as well, but I am reassured that someone else is thinking this way. I was hoping you might find this post reassuring as well.

thanks for this; i appreciate; i guess it's a style/preference thing, so i'm glad i'm not the only one.

where are you a 1L?

progressing bum

Postby progressing bum » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:44 pm

I am at University of Florida. Are you at William and Mary? I was an economics major, & I learn best from understanding a coherent system. I think that, while our system may be time consuming, it is the most surefire way to learn in that manner. It also gives you the opportunity to push yourself to understand, but still gives you a check & lets you incorporate other perspectives.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”