CivPro Outline Posted

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
currentlawstudent13
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

CivPro Outline Posted

Postby currentlawstudent13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:30 pm

I posted this on the contract law topic but wanted to make sure people got it. I e-mailed the website for other guides like these and they said they will be posting them within the month. I am in serious need of a general torts outline similar to this. If you find anything online make sure to post it here. Any way, this outline seems to be good help with civil procedure. No cases and no jurisdiction, but was told that would be covered in another course guide. Here is the link below. Anyone have a good logical general course outline for torts like these? Thanks again, this community has been very helpful so far!

--LinkRemoved--

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby Geist13 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm sorry; that is of very poor quality. It's just a list of the rules. And doesn't even have joinder.

SwampRat88
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby SwampRat88 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:29 pm

currentlawstudent13 wrote:I posted this on the contract law topic but wanted to make sure people got it. I e-mailed the website for other guides like these and they said they will be posting them within the month. I am in serious need of a general torts outline similar to this. If you find anything online make sure to post it here. Any way, this outline seems to be good help with civil procedure. No cases and no jurisdiction, but was told that would be covered in another course guide. Here is the link below. Anyone have a good logical general course outline for torts like these? Thanks again, this community has been very helpful so far!

--LinkRemoved--


...
Last edited by SwampRat88 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

efmanager
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby efmanager » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:43 pm

New here and was hoping there were some free outlines, thanks for the post. Not sure why this is garbage or is not good. Sure it does not have joinder, but this semester my class is not covering jurisdiction or joinder, so this is perfect for me. It appears to be organized in a good manner and does contain all of the rules. I wish it had a few more cases but oh well. I am going to use this as a quick cheat sheet. Any more? I checked the site and it says only contracts and civpro?

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby traydeuce » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:12 am

stay away from that garbage before it burns you. To be honest, if you even thought this outline could be of any use to you, you're in a lot of trouble.

efmanager
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby efmanager » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:15 pm

So because it is straight forward, contains no fluff, and keeps things in order it is garbage? I have been going through my current notes and this outline, and I have yet to find a mistake. Sure, it is a little bare, but it is a general outline. I was not aware people were so mean on here. Just because I find it useful does not mean I am in trouble, everyone learns differently.

tlstlstls73
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby tlstlstls73 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:17 pm

This is a terrible, terrible outline. HF being in bottom 10% if this is your idea of useful.

tlstlstls73
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby tlstlstls73 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:18 pm

efmanager wrote:So because it is straight forward, contains no fluff, and keeps things in order it is garbage? I have been going through my current notes and this outline, and I have yet to find a mistake. Sure, it is a little bare, but it is a general outline. I was not aware people were so mean on here. Just because I find it useful does not mean I am in trouble, everyone learns differently.


We're trying to help you out --- there's still plenty of time to make your own outline and study hard. If we were mean we'd tell you this outline will lock up an A no problem. No need to take it personally-- you didn't even make the outline---just trash it and move on.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby ilovesf » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:21 pm

so i can tell this outline is shit, but can anyone post a good one? i'm outlining for property and torts already but i'm not quite sure how i should organize my civpro outline.

User avatar
nygrrrl
Posts: 4948
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby nygrrrl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:33 pm

ilovesf wrote:so i can tell this outline is shit, but can anyone post a good one? i'm outlining for property and torts already but i'm not quite sure how i should organize my civpro outline.

Best advice: see if you can get a hold of an outline from someone who took the course with the same prof, recently (last year or two). Different profs focus on different things and will test, accordingly.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby ilovesf » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:35 pm

nygrrrl wrote:
ilovesf wrote:so i can tell this outline is shit, but can anyone post a good one? i'm outlining for property and torts already but i'm not quite sure how i should organize my civpro outline.

Best advice: see if you can get a hold of an outline from someone who took the course with the same prof, recently (last year or two). Different profs focus on different things and will test, accordingly.

yeah im trying, it is only the prof's second year ever teaching civpro and second year at our school so its been hard finding one

shock259
Posts: 1737
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby shock259 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Per the op: I think the reason people are hating on this outline is because it is devoid of many of the details you will need to really answer a question fully. If this is all you need to "jog" your memory, then that's fine. But I think if you want something more substantive, you'll have to go a bit deeper.

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby Tanicius » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:52 pm

efmanager wrote:So because it is straight forward, contains no fluff, and keeps things in order it is garbage? I have been going through my current notes and this outline, and I have yet to find a mistake. Sure, it is a little bare, but it is a general outline. I was not aware people were so mean on here. Just because I find it useful does not mean I am in trouble, everyone learns differently.



Dude, it has NOTHING on jurisdiction or joinder.

sidhesadie
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby sidhesadie » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I didn't look at the outline, I'm making my own, but we don't do jurisdiction in CivPro till 2nd semester with my prof. *shrug*

User avatar
Tanicius
Posts: 2957
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:54 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby Tanicius » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 pm

sidhesadie wrote:I didn't look at the outline, I'm making my own, but we don't do jurisdiction in CivPro till 2nd semester with my prof. *shrug*


You have two semesters of CivPro?

User avatar
dood
Posts: 1639
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby dood » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:32 pm

efmanager wrote:So because it is straight forward, contains no fluff, and keeps things in order it is garbage? I have been going through my current notes and this outline, and I have yet to find a mistake. Sure, it is a little bare, but it is a general outline. I was not aware people were so mean on here. Just because I find it useful does not mean I am in trouble, everyone learns differently.


people are real big assholes on here.

that being said, ur outline is pure shit.

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby whuts4lunch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:25 am

i think the better prepared you are for the exam, the shorter your outline should be. my contracts outline was only 10 pages and it was perfect for exam use, because it was so easy to flip thru just to keep from making stupid mistakes. in civ pro, i had a 50 page outline and that helped me a lot

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby ahduth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:23 am

You guys want my civ pro outline that only goes through like... Erie?

missinglink
Posts: 946
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby missinglink » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:30 am

The description of Iqbal is the best: "Used Conley standard but then Twombly happened."

Get an outline keyed to your professor / casebook.

User avatar
MrPapagiorgio
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 am

missinglink wrote:The description of Iqbal is the best: "Used Conley standard but then Twombly happened."

Lololololololol. At least include something about the heightened standard of pleading. Something.

Also, I have two semesters of civ pro as well. Not that weird.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: CivPro Outline Posted

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:16 am

efmanager wrote:New here and was hoping there were some free outlines, thanks for the post. Not sure why this is garbage or is not good. Sure it does not have joinder, but this semester my class is not covering jurisdiction or joinder, so this is perfect for me. It appears to be organized in a good manner and does contain all of the rules. I wish it had a few more cases but oh well. I am going to use this as a quick cheat sheet. Any more? I checked the site and it says only contracts and civpro?


A good cheat sheet is the table of contents that you make for your outline. The outline linked to in the OP is too long to be a effective cheat sheet and way too bare and simplistic to help provide how to properly answer issues relating to any of its topics on an exam. The only thing I could see this thing being useful for is for a person to read over before or at the beginning of taking Civ Pro to get an idea of the big picture in a very simplistic way. This outline is just not good.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FrogLaw, ididntwantsalmon, OldArmy and 5 guests