ITT we discuss bombing cold calls

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NYC Law

Re: ITT we discuss bombing cold calls

Postby NYC Law » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:32 am

It really doesn't matter. Not to the professor, and not to the other students. The only time what you say matters is if you go on a long idiotic rant with your own 'insights', then everyone will make fun of you after class.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 am

NYC Law wrote:It really doesn't matter. Not to the professor, and not to the other students. The only time what you say matters is if you go on a long idiotic rant with your own 'insights', then everyone will make fun of you after class.

Or during. My preferred reaction was to bring up a video of the energizer bunny on my computer, so all the people behind me could get a good laugh out of it.

TheFactor

Postby TheFactor » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:57 am

leobowski wrote:I got cold-called in immigration the other day.

Prof: "Mr xxx, what happened in case bla bla bla."
Me: "I apologize, I was thinking about sports, what was the question again?"
"What kind of sports."
"Well I was thinking about basketball. NBA players on an O/P visa should have to file an affadavit of support, because they all go broke within a few years."

*crickets*

you sound like a cool guy

deebs

Postby deebs » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:15 pm

Doing my normal BS'ing saying I think it's either X or Y because I hadn't read/not paying attention.

Professor asks, "so you think it is, but might not be as well?

I responded, "Yes, my mind's telling me no, but my body, my body, is telling me yes."

Seriously, no one cares about getting called on in class. The guy that finished number 2 in my class got reamed out in the first week or so for not reading.

I.P. Daly

Postby I.P. Daly » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:27 pm

Gunner man. If you're struggling with a question, usually a gunner will come to the rescue with an outreached arm and a lot of hot air.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”