Florida Bar Prep Suggestions Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
fordtheriver

New

Florida Bar Prep Suggestions

Post by fordtheriver » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:16 pm

I am taking the Florida bar and paying myself. Any suggestions for which course to take? Barbri has lots of different in-person class locations, but appears to be the priciest (unless there is a way to get that advertised price down). Kaplan, Themis, others? Thanks for your reviews and suggestions.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Re: Florida Bar Prep Suggestions

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:54 pm

fordtheriver wrote:I am taking the Florida bar and paying myself. Any suggestions for which course to take? Barbri has lots of different in-person class locations, but appears to be the priciest (unless there is a way to get that advertised price down). Kaplan, Themis, others? Thanks for your reviews and suggestions.
Going to the barbri classes is worthless: 25% of the time they just hit "play" on a video anyway, and the classes are not interactive. I went to the first Barbri session and that was it.

So, I would just do whatever is cheapest.

conch republic

New

Post by conch republic » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:02 am

buy used books from someone who took a class recently and self study.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:06 am

conch republic wrote:buy used books from someone who took a class recently and self study.
The only person I know who failed the bar tried to do this.

I'm sure self-study wasn't the only cause, but I don't think saving $1200 is worth the increased risk of failure.

conch republic

New

Post by conch republic » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 pm

everyone I know who self studied (five including myself) passed. Someday I'm gonna post a detailed account of how I studied for the benefit of any people considering going that route. But the short version is this: if you put in the work, you will definitely pass; if you don't, then you might fail. It doesn't matter how much you pay for a class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

I.P. Daly

Silver

Post by I.P. Daly » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:53 pm

conch republic wrote:everyone I know who self studied (five including myself) passed. Someday I'm gonna post a detailed account of how I studied for the benefit of any people considering going that route.
Please do this. It would be extremely helpful.

Regards,

I.P. Daly

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:54 pm

I.P. Daly wrote:
conch republic wrote:everyone I know who self studied (five including myself) passed. Someday I'm gonna post a detailed account of how I studied for the benefit of any people considering going that route.
Please do this. It would be extremely helpful.

Regards,

I.P. Daly
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”