Job for a 0L

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
941law

Job for a 0L

Postby 941law » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:12 pm

I realize this is not necessary but I am hoping to get a job (from Dec-July) before school starts next Fall that would be relevant and worth mentioning on my resume. I'm rather naive when it comes to jobs in my county courthouse and what I should look for. Although I'm still undecided, I originally had intentions of going into public interest fwiw. TIA.

NYC Law

Re: Job for a 0L

Postby NYC Law » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:15 pm

You probably won't be able to get anything that meaningful. I had the same situation and just worked at a small firm from Dec-July. I'd recommend doing something like that though so you can see if you actually want to be a lawyer, and you get some experience with various legal proceedings/documents. You can volunteer in your spare time if you have any. But I really wouldn't sweat it, just find something that pays.

941law

Re: Job for a 0L

Postby 941law » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 pm

Ya, no doubt it won't be meaningful, but I think it's a good idea. Learn more, add a little to the resume, and make connections in my hometown (which I want to work in). I realize it won't help with law school and won't help solidify a job 3 years from now, but I'd rather do it than a non-law office job or making pizza.

Any suggestions on specific positions (pd office, da office) would be great.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”