2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
traehekat

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
D-hops wrote:My decision to gun for latin honors lasted about an hour. Then I went back to playing Skyrim.

I didn't go to any classes on Tuesday and brought a beer to con crim pro on Friday. (It was also only my second time attending that class.)

think we're in the same class. of course, this would be a little more meaningful if either of us actually attended.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:53 pm

D-hops wrote:My decision to gun for latin honors lasted about an hour. Then I went back to playing Skyrim.

How is that? Been looking to pick it up. Need something to balance out my CoD habit.

I anticipate somewhere in the range of a 10 : 1 gaming to studying ratio this semester.

Always Credited

Postby Always Credited » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:59 pm

romothesavior wrote:

How is that? Been looking to pick it up. Need something to balance out my CoD habit.

I anticipate somewhere in the range of a 10 : 1 gaming to studying ratio this semester.

PS3 or Xbox?

D-hops

Postby D-hops » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:02 pm

romothesavior wrote:

If you like quest based RPGs, there isn't a better game out there. It is incredibly addictive and you can spend hours completing side quests before you even realize it is 3AM and you have class in 6 hours.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Note draft due Friday. I've written like a paragraph and spent the whole day being hungover and watching tv. I also haven't yet done any of my reading for the week. And so my 2l laziness beings.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:11 am

traehekat wrote:think we're in the same class. of course, this would be a little more meaningful if either of us actually attended.

I have attended most of most of my classes so far this semester, which is already significantly better than last semester.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:20 am

Corporate reorganization is hard :x

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:37 am

I skipped my first class Friday. I'm sure many more are to come.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 am

All of my professors except one have decided to record all their classes. I feel that the last holdout just doesn't understand the life of a student.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:23 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
traehekat wrote:think we're in the same class. of course, this would be a little more meaningful if either of us actually attended.

I have attended most of most of my classes so far this semester, which is already significantly better than last semester.

skipping 2 classes today to write second draft of comment. my first draft was a joke, but no one said anything. im curious to see how low of a standard i can set before i get yelled at.

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:48 am

traehekat wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

skipping 2 classes today to write second draft of comment. my first draft was a joke, but no one said anything. im curious to see how low of a standard i can set before i get yelled at.

I turned in a draft late this weekend, granted this had more to do with my life being a shitshow than no motivation, but it was the second missed deadline, so I'm pretty sure I found the standard. I'll let you know.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:52 am

TTH wrote:
traehekat wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

I turned in a draft late this weekend, granted this had more to do with my life being a shitshow than no motivation, but it was the second missed deadline, so I'm pretty sure I found the standard. I'll let you know.

we talking half hour after the deadline or 24+ hours?

TTH

Postby TTH » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:57 am

Recent deadline was a day late. The one prior was longer, but I had stayed in contact with the editor to let her know I was changing part of my topic. Still, I'mma need my shit together for the next submission.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:18 am

TTH wrote:I skipped my first class Friday. I'm sure many more are to come.

I think I've skipped like 8 classes so far, and I'm pretty damn proud of my attendance record this semester.

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:24 am

Holly Golightly wrote:

I think I've skipped like 8 classes so far, and I'm pretty damn proud of my attendance record this semester.

Oh, it occurs to me I should clarify that I skipped my first class of the semester Friday. I don't want anyone to think I had perfect attendance through three semesters of law school.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:25 am

TTH wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

Oh, it occurs to me I should clarify that I skipped my first class of the semester Friday. I don't want anyone to think I had perfect attendance through three semesters of law school.

...I've skipped about 8 classes so far this semester.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:26 am

Attending class is for 1Ls.

TTH

Postby TTH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:27 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
TTH wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:

...I've skipped about 8 classes so far this semester.

You do law school excellently.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:29 am

IAFG wrote:Attending class is for 1Ls.

Yeah, I was really good about it then, too...

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:01 am

Holly Golightly wrote:
IAFG wrote:Attending class is for 1Ls.

Yeah, I was really good about it then, too...

IDK why you are starting in now when you know what works for you: classes that require no attendance, then make your life hell for a month before finals

mths

Postby mths » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:18 pm

I've been to 1/5 classes so far.

Second semester might be less motivated than first.

itsirtou

Postby itsirtou » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:25 pm

god dammit skyrim is going to destroy my GPA

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Can't find enough classes where I won't have to work hard and will be learning something marginally useful. Law school, why you play me like that?

mths

Postby mths » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:14 pm

dailygrind wrote:Can't find enough classes where I won't have to work hard and will be learning something marginally useful. Law school, why you play me like that?

just go by schedule

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:20 pm

2 classes 4 days a week. No class on Fridays. 1 class that assumes working knowledge of accounting and corp finance, which I haven't taken in 4 years or so. How hard could it be?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”