2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kalvano » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Could be worse, you could be on the journal at my school that just sent out a cite check to people studying for finals.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

^
ew

BeenDidThat
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby BeenDidThat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 pm

kalvano wrote:Could be worse, you could be on the journal at my school that just sent out a cite check to people studying for finals.


Reply All:

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby snowpeach06 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Was gonna study for my next final tonight, but instead I got slightly tipsey at my work holiday party. And get this... my (typically uptight) boss asked me if I smoke pot, and got legitimately mad when I told him I didn't. And then he accused me of being a conservative. Funniest moment ever.

User avatar
monkey85
Posts: 394
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby monkey85 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:08 pm

kalvano wrote:Could be worse, you could be on the journal at my school that just sent out a cite check to people studying for finals.


Now that's poor form.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby TTH » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:09 pm

kalvano wrote:Could be worse, you could be on the journal at my school that just sent out a cite check to people studying for finals.


My Journal released acc checks Monday, too, first day of finals, but the Exec. Board doesn't expect us to do anything with it until after finals.

Doing an acc check over Christmas is gonna be a motivation nightmare.

User avatar
deebs
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby deebs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

I have yet to see any benefits come from Law Review. If I was on a secondary journal, I'd GTFO if they pulled a stunt like that.

User avatar
mths
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby mths » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Left one day to study for my least difficult final cause the last two weeks were packed ... prof grades under the curve

someone force me to give a shit

Oban
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Oban » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Two papers due friday, 7 pages into one, 2 into the other. Can't find a fuck.

User avatar
schwar46
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby schwar46 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:37 pm

deebs wrote:
schwar46 wrote:Saw some people coming out of admin as I was going into professional responsibility. They looked absolutely devastated.


J-tow10 wrote:Got destroyed by the MC on that exam. Oh well, binge drinking commences Friday.


I guess these are good things?


I heard that the multiple choice portion is absurd.

kaplowstein
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kaplowstein » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:05 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:Was gonna study for my next final tonight, but instead I got slightly tipsey at my work holiday party. And get this... my (typically uptight) boss asked me if I smoke pot, and got legitimately mad when I told him I didn't. And then he accused me of being a conservative. Funniest moment ever.


That might be one of the best things I've heard in a while. As screwed as I am for my BA exam tomorrow and as little motivation as I'm finding, this made me feel better. Kudos to your boss. I also think way more legal professionals smoke than one would think. I might also be basing this on the law students who will be those legal professionals in the future, if they're any indication

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Glad to see a thread dedicated to a lack of motivation has been taken over by my peers. Erryday I'm WUSTLin.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 pm

There are days I regret not joining the splitter commune.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby fathergoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:11 am

dailygrind wrote:There are days I regret not joining the splitter commune.

+1

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 am

I have one more final tomorrow. A multiple choice exam on Evidence. I'm finding it so tough to pull motivation that I've wandered back to TLS. :D

User avatar
NoleinNY
Posts: 1031
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby NoleinNY » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 am

From Evidence today:

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
snowpeach06
Posts: 2426
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:32 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:39 am

kaplowstein wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:Was gonna study for my next final tonight, but instead I got slightly tipsey at my work holiday party. And get this... my (typically uptight) boss asked me if I smoke pot, and got legitimately mad when I told him I didn't. And then he accused me of being a conservative. Funniest moment ever.


That might be one of the best things I've heard in a while. As screwed as I am for my BA exam tomorrow and as little motivation as I'm finding, this made me feel better. Kudos to your boss. I also think way more legal professionals smoke than one would think. I might also be basing this on the law students who will be those legal professionals in the future, if they're any indication

Glad i could help. Although, I don't think he actually does any drugs. But, since my firm does a lot of work with the adult entertainment industry, they are very liberal. I would also say that based off of law students... I'm terrified of what future lawyers will be like, and the amount of alcohol they will consume.

User avatar
schwar46
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby schwar46 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:58 am

romothesavior wrote:Glad to see a thread dedicated to a lack of motivation has been taken over by my peers. Erryday I'm WUSTLin.


WUSTLlin' WUSTLlin'

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby fathergoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:18 am

Oh my god. I have Fed Tax in 9 hours. I think I will immediately regret my lack of preparation once I open that exam packet tomorrow.

Sadly I just don't care. 12 and half hours until I'm half-way thru law school. Boo Ya

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kaiser » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:21 am

fathergoose wrote:Oh my god. I have Fed Tax in 9 hours. I think I will immediately regret my lack of preparation once I open that exam packet tomorrow.

Sadly I just don't care. 12 and half hours until I'm half-way thru law school. Boo Ya


I'm trying to take practice exams for my fed tax exam and have no clue what to do. I've gotten almost every question wrong. Its like I can't put together a single concept we learned all year. Please god let there be 15 people even stupider than me in this class of 100 people. If I still get a B out of this, its gonna be the first time where I go out for a night of drinks with friends in celebration of a B.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am

I suspect I am going to have to work next semester to counterbalance the effect this semester will have on my GPA. Very disappointing.

User avatar
fathergoose
Posts: 853
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby fathergoose » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am

kaiser wrote:
fathergoose wrote:Oh my god. I have Fed Tax in 9 hours. I think I will immediately regret my lack of preparation once I open that exam packet tomorrow.

Sadly I just don't care. 12 and half hours until I'm half-way thru law school. Boo Ya


I'm trying to take practice exams for my fed tax exam and have no clue what to do. I've gotten almost every question wrong. Its like I can't put together a single concept we learned all year. Please god let there be 15 people even stupider than me in this class of 100 people. If I still get a B out of this, its gonna be the first time where I go out for a night of drinks with friends in celebration of a B.

My class is filled with Law Review kids and Tax Gunners.

It does not bode well for me. So much for tax undergrad classes making this easy

kaiser
Posts: 2940
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby kaiser » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 am

fathergoose wrote:
kaiser wrote:
fathergoose wrote:Oh my god. I have Fed Tax in 9 hours. I think I will immediately regret my lack of preparation once I open that exam packet tomorrow.

Sadly I just don't care. 12 and half hours until I'm half-way thru law school. Boo Ya


I'm trying to take practice exams for my fed tax exam and have no clue what to do. I've gotten almost every question wrong. Its like I can't put together a single concept we learned all year. Please god let there be 15 people even stupider than me in this class of 100 people. If I still get a B out of this, its gonna be the first time where I go out for a night of drinks with friends in celebration of a B.

My class is filled with Law Review kids and Tax Gunners.

It does not bode well for me. So much for tax undergrad classes making this easy


Oh so is mine. A whole parade of gunners. I have no delusions about coming anywhere near the top half of this class. I'm just hoping I don't hit the bottom 15% (which seems to be the point where you are at risk of getting a B- or C+, not to mention the bottom 2 or 3 people who get D's). Next semester will be much better than this, so I guess even if I do have one horrid day, there is still time to counterbalance it. I am a transfer, so no one can say that my grades exactly "dropped" since GPA's from school to school are apples and oranges. But next semester, there is no period of "settling in" and there is no OCI process creating a month of distractions, so it should be easier to focus and pull things together.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby keg411 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:32 am

dailygrind wrote:I suspect I am going to have to work next semester to counterbalance the effect this semester will have on my GPA. Very disappointing.


+1

No more 2LOL. I actually had to re-work my entire Secured Transactions outline today after realizing it didn't work when I tried PT's. Just need a B- so I can pass/fail this shit (or that the Commercial Paper people, which is 90% of the class, help the curve :lol:).

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19639
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 am

I'm just doing horribly in Admin. I see the surface issues after pounding my head against the wall, but my application is dangerously bad when I get down to the nitty gritty. Fuck, I'll take a B with joy. I envy that Michigan P/F so much it's unbelievable.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shineoncrazydiamond and 13 guests