2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
traehekat

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 pm

it... it's... happening................i .........i-i'm...........I'M LEAAARNIIINNGGG AAARRRGGGHHHHH

BeenDidThat

Postby BeenDidThat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:04 pm

traehekat wrote:it... it's... happening................i .........i-i'm...........I'M LEAAARNIIINNGGG AAARRRGGGHHHHH

Wrong thread brah; your post reeks of a scintilla of motivation.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:02 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
traehekat wrote:it... it's... happening................i .........i-i'm...........I'M LEAAARNIIINNGGG AAARRRGGGHHHHH

Wrong thread brah; your post reeks of a scintilla of motivation.

so it is. thankfully, after i thought i learned something i did some practice problems and discovered i have learned nothing. motivation back to being nonexistent. is it lunch time? yes... yes it is. now, time to spend 20-30 minutes deciding where to go.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:20 pm

bankruptcy exam in 1.5 hours....not ready....really dreading going to school having not been there since last wednesday

mths

Postby mths » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm

mths wrote:tax on monday

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

that's all

I was right

it was hilarious

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Must learn employment in 72 hours. I mean from complete scratch. I have no notes, besides a few things scrawled in the margins from the rare occasions that I skimmed the reading. I just have an old outline that I found and saved to my computer without even reading it. I sense impending doom.

deebs

Postby deebs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:00 pm

romothesavior wrote:Must learn employment admin in 72 hours. I mean from complete scratch. I have no notes, besides a few things scrawled in the margins from the rare occasions that I skimmed the reading. I just have an old outline that I found and saved to my computer without even reading it. I sense impending doom.

TatteredDignity

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 pm

This thread so badly makes me want to be a jobsecure 2L. Or at least a 2L who is already hosed and doesn't care any more.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 pm

deebs wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Must learn employment admin in 72 hours. I mean from complete scratch. I have no notes, besides a few things scrawled in the margins from the rare occasions that I skimmed the reading. I just have an old outline that I found and saved to my computer without even reading it. I sense impending doom.

ive been running through the cali lessons and they seem to be pretty good

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

deebs wrote:

I plan to have a six-pack in my locker on Friday morning. Come find me after admin.

deebs

Postby deebs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:04 pm

0LNewbie wrote:This thread so badly makes me want to be a jobsecure 2L. Or at least a 2L who is already hosed and doesn't care any more.

There are only job secure 2L's. Everyone else is hosed. You definitely don't want to by in my boat. Get back to studying!

Ty Webb

Postby Ty Webb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Heard two classmates complaining about the quality of their notes for Evidence.

Checked my OneNote.

Saw that I haven't taken notes for Evidence since August 23. :shock: :lol:

kaplowstein

Postby kaplowstein » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Continuing to learn as much Bus. Assoc. in a 36 hour period from mostly scratch, exam is tomorrow, still wholly unprepared, have credited outlines for the prof and basically just hoping to not fail/for a miraculous B.

king3780

Postby king3780 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:46 pm

IAFG wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
wiseowl wrote:I have a 30 page paper due by Friday at midnight. Still on page 1.

The professor for one of the seminars I took this quarter made it pretty clear that we can push back our paper's deadline (which is currently set at Dec 30) into as far in the future as we want. As somebody who is constantly procrastinating, this is not good news. Looks like winter break is going to be a back-and-forth between working on my comment and writing the seminar paper. 1L may have been emotionally tolling, but at least I had winter break to myself to just lay around and do nothing.....

Professors think they're being nice when they give you extensions... but no.

Agreed. I have a seminar prof who, at the beginning of the semester, let the class decide when we wanted the paper to be due. I wanted it to be by the last day of finals. Majority convinced prof to make it a week after finals end. F that noise, I only get three weeks of break, I'm not spending a week on the paper. It gets done before vacation no matter how crappy it is.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:26 pm

kaplowstein wrote:Continuing to learn as much Bus. Assoc. in a 36 hour period from mostly scratch, exam is tomorrow, still wholly unprepared, have credited outlines for the prof and basically just hoping to not fail/for a miraculous B.

haha...almost in the same boat...except scratch 36 and replace with 12. however, mine is p/f, so i'm really trying to muster some motivation to read a single page.

kaplowstein

Postby kaplowstein » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 pm

f0bolous wrote:
kaplowstein wrote:Continuing to learn as much Bus. Assoc. in a 36 hour period from mostly scratch, exam is tomorrow, still wholly unprepared, have credited outlines for the prof and basically just hoping to not fail/for a miraculous B.

haha...almost in the same boat...except scratch 36 and replace with 12. however, mine is p/f, so i'm really trying to muster some motivation to read a single page.

Unfortunately I'm not taking it p/f, I wish. Now I'm down to about 15 hours to learn it as the previous 21 of the 36 have gone by and progress wasn't that good, so probably in the same boat as you now. It's my last one before freedom too, making it even harder to find the motivation. If I get a B I'll consider it even more miraculous than any of Tebow's 4th quarter comebacks

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:00 pm

f0bolous wrote:

I have 45 hours to learn BA. Not P/F.

The twist? I'm boarding a plane to Florida in 17 hours.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:04 pm

deebs wrote:

Got destroyed by the MC on that exam. Oh well, binge drinking commences Friday.

schwar46

Postby schwar46 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 pm

deebs wrote:

Saw some people coming out of admin as I was going into professional responsibility. They looked absolutely devastated.

kaiser

Postby kaiser » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I'm starting to get seriously worried about tax. Tried a practice exam today, and I have no idea where to even begin with it. I don't understand what I'm looking for, don't get the explanations, don't get pretty much anything. And in this class, at least from past grade distributions, 15% of the class gets B- or below. I would like to think that there is a solid padding of lazy and dumb kids at the bottom of the class that preclude getting into that bottom 15%, but they can't possibly be much worse at this than I am. I don't even need freakin median. Let me be 75th percentile, get a B, and be done with it.
Last edited by kaiser on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:18 pm

schwar46 wrote:
deebs wrote:

Saw some people coming out of admin as I was going into professional responsibility. They looked absolutely devastated.

No chance I ever take admin. Sounds awful.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 pm

traehekat wrote:
f0bolous wrote:

Planes at least force you to study. No Internet.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
traehekat wrote:
f0bolous wrote:

Planes at least force you to study. No Internet.

they do now

dailygrind

Postby dailygrind » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:47 pm

romothesavior wrote:
schwar46 wrote:
deebs wrote:

No chance I ever take admin. Sounds awful.

It's supposed to be part of the holy trinity of electives (corps, evid, admin). Lots of agencies in today's world.

deebs

Postby deebs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:01 pm

schwar46 wrote:Saw some people coming out of admin as I was going into professional responsibility. They looked absolutely devastated.

J-tow10 wrote:Got destroyed by the MC on that exam. Oh well, binge drinking commences Friday.

I guess these are good things?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”