2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Grizz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.

lol y u mad tho

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby IAFG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
mrloblaw wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.


WE'RE SORRY THAT YOU ARE NOW COMPLETELY ALONE.

lol, no, TLS is just full of ridiculous gunners.

don't worry, you're not alone.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby stratocophic » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 pm

IAFG wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
mrloblaw wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.


WE'RE SORRY THAT YOU ARE NOW COMPLETELY ALONE.

lol, no, TLS is just full of ridiculous gunners.

don't worry, you're not alone.
lulz. not even close to it.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Grizz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Made an asspie thread for when yall decide you want to get some work done.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171360

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby 09042014 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Downloading Skyrim. There goes 200 hours of productivity.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Downloading Skyrim. There goes 200 hours of productivity.

I emailed outlines to other people last night. That felt productive.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby 09042014 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Downloading Skyrim. There goes 200 hours of productivity.

I emailed outlines to other people last night. That felt productive.


As the recipient, it was very productive for me.

I'm failing pretty hard on getting old outlines this semester. I think 2/4 don't have any, and 1/4 is a long shot.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:48 pm

I also slept through both of my classes today for no other reason than I didn't feel like getting out of bed and dealing with reality.

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:04 pm

moandersen wrote:
PirateCap'n wrote:
moandersen wrote:I think my time in this group has run its course. In Fed Income Tax today I realized I have yet to take the statute book out of the wrapper. Then I heard the test was closed book. FML. I bought the E&E today so I guess that means I now give a f*ck... :?


Seriously? That exam is closed book?? How the hell do you have a closed book tax exam?? I'm screwed. I thought it was open book.


I was misled. I reread the syllabus and it is open book - thank God. I still dont understand a single thing in that class though. Today he was throwing around a lot of statute numbers without much explanation. I really regret taking this class with this prof.


Yeah. He's making it a lot harder than it really should be. The subject matter isn't that bad, but it seems like his goal is to make it more convoluted than it is. I'm really not looking forward to the exam.

User avatar
savagedm
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby savagedm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:I also slept through both of my classes today for no other reason than I didn't feel like getting out of bed and dealing with reality.


Story of my life... I just missed a week of Copyright in order to play Modern Warfare 3.

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19667
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Wanted to work today, instead beat Splinter Cell: Conviction and am now watching football. *Sigh* One of these days.


I've been doing decent work, but today I just sat around in the library and dicked around on TLS. I noticed way too many 2Ls there. I am advancing a mutual nonaggression treaty for next semester. The gunning has to stop.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby IAFG » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:04 am

dailygrind wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Wanted to work today, instead beat Splinter Cell: Conviction and am now watching football. *Sigh* One of these days.


I've been doing decent work, but today I just sat around in the library and dicked around on TLS. I noticed way too many 2Ls there. I am advancing a mutual nonaggression treaty for next semester. The gunning has to stop.

shoulda come to NU, bro. the land of the gentleman's A-. ;)

User avatar
dailygrind
Posts: 19667
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:08 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby dailygrind » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:22 am

IAFG wrote:
dailygrind wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Wanted to work today, instead beat Splinter Cell: Conviction and am now watching football. *Sigh* One of these days.


I've been doing decent work, but today I just sat around in the library and dicked around on TLS. I noticed way too many 2Ls there. I am advancing a mutual nonaggression treaty for next semester. The gunning has to stop.

shoulda come to NU, bro. the land of the gentleman's A-. ;)


No work experience. I was waitlisted. Besides, I have cachet with undergrads here.

Fuck this work thing. I'm chillin and watching Good Will Hunting.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby de5igual » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:51 am

jumping off the no motivation ship...started my first chapter in the Tax E&E!

User avatar
Always Credited
Posts: 2509
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Always Credited » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:33 am

I did the reverse-slacker. I finished my outlines in October so I could slack in November and play MW3 for 3 weeks straight before studying a couple of weeks for finals. So far its working out phenomenally.

User avatar
Antilles Haven
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Antilles Haven » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:37 am

Been outlining for the past 3 hours :x

Signing up for 4 exam classes, I did this to myself. It feels like 1L part 3.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:53 am

outline for comment due last week. used extension. now due at midnight. probably should start writing.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Grizz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:Been outlining for the past 3 hours :x

Signing up for 4 exam classes, I did this to myself. It feels like 1L part 3.

Grizz wrote:Made an asspie thread for when yall decide you want to get some work done.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=171360

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:Signing up for 4 exam classes, I did this to myself. It feels like 1L part 3.


I have only one final exam. It's pretty cool.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:Signing up for 4 exam classes, I did this to myself. It feels like 1L part 3.


I have only one final exam. It's pretty cool.


+1.

c3pO4
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby c3pO4 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:Signing up for 4 exam classes, I did this to myself. It feels like 1L part 3.


I have only one final exam. It's pretty cool.


I have 5. Never again.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby Holly Golightly » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

I only have 2 exams, but I literally know nothing about either class...

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby goosey » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:41 pm

I will take the fact that nobody has posted in here since friday as a sign that we have all gotten to work at this point

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby traehekat » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:01 pm

goosey wrote:I will take the fact that nobody has posted in here since friday as a sign that we have all gotten to work at this point


nope.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby IAFG » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 pm

traehekat wrote:
goosey wrote:I will take the fact that nobody has posted in here since friday as a sign that we have all gotten to work at this point


nope.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: shineoncrazydiamond and 9 guests