2L. No motivation

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
goosey

Re: 2L. No motivation

Postby goosey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 am

Lawquacious wrote:Good lord, what happened to this thread??? Last time I was here it was filled by colleagues who didn't give a f***, and now people are talking about being motivated and how it is late to start outlining--in early November??

SMH. You should be ashamed of yourselves. I came here because I really didn't give a f*** and I still don't, not to hear a bunch of closet gunners get themselves motivated.

Ok, maybe I care just a little bit, but this isn't the thread for it.

:lol:

considering this is a forum full of over achievers, I would assume this thread would turn into what it has sooner or later. nobody here is going to not care all the way to a C :)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:20 am

romothesavior wrote:
IAFG wrote:I still cannot muster up sufficient "give a fuck" despite passing every milestone that I thought would mark the point where I started giving a fuck again.

Agreed.

+1

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:29 pm

keg411 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
IAFG wrote:I still cannot muster up sufficient "give a fuck" despite passing every milestone that I thought would mark the point where I started giving a fuck again.

Agreed.

+1

I think I have swung the other direction and am starting to give slightly more fucks.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:59 pm

I spent two hours looking up those pictures that say "And not a single fuck was given that day." How's that for not giving a fuck?

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 pm

I think my time in this group has run its course. In Fed Income Tax today I realized I have yet to take the statute book out of the wrapper. Then I heard the test was closed book. FML. I bought the E&E today so I guess that means I now give a f*ck... :?

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Started studying for Commercial Transactions yesterday. Out of the 6-7 sections we covered so far I paid attention to maybe 2. I pray that my prof agrees with everything in my supplement.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 pm

moandersen wrote:I think my time in this group has run its course. In Fed Income Tax today I realized I have yet to take the statute book out of the wrapper. Then I heard the test was closed book. FML. I bought the E&E today so I guess that means I now give a f*ck... :?

law in flash...order now.

i've been using it throughout the semester on and off..makes me understand more than I should, considering how often I zoned out in class/didnt do the reading/never read the regs.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:20 pm

f0bolous wrote:both of which you can't really outline for (Fed Inc Tax )

:?

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Grizz wrote:Couldn't fall asleep, so I got my crim pro outline up to date. 1 outline down, 2 more to go?

jkay wrote:Currently reading COA Affordable Care Act decisions and considering copying/pasting useful rule application from cases we have read into Conlaw outline that I have not even considered starting yet.

See e.g. http://www.cadc.uscourts.gov/internet/o ... 340594.pdf "The shift to the “substantial effects” doctrine in the early twentieth century recognized the reality that national economic problems are often the result of millions of individuals engaging in behavior that, in isolation, is seemingly unrelated to interstate commerce. See Lopez, 514 U.S. at 555-56."

And

"Cases since Wickard have minimized the significance of any particular individual’s behavior yet further. They have repeatedly confirmed that the actual impact of any one individual’s conduct on interstate commerce is immaterial, so long as a rational basis exists for believing that a congressional
enactment, as a whole, substantially relates to interstate commerce. Raich, 545 U.S. at 17-19; Lopez, 514 U.S. at 557."

Genius.....or retard?

GTFO, both of you.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 pm

abandoned any chance of actually doing more than 20% of the reading in any class. going to rely solely on other students' outlines and reading nutshell, e&e, crunchtime.

i actually think this might work better. i feel more on top of things already than I did when i made my own outlines from doing the reading last year.

PirateCap'n

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:08 pm

moandersen wrote:I think my time in this group has run its course. In Fed Income Tax today I realized I have yet to take the statute book out of the wrapper. Then I heard the test was closed book. FML. I bought the E&E today so I guess that means I now give a f*ck... :?

Seriously? That exam is closed book?? How the hell do you have a closed book tax exam?? I'm screwed. I thought it was open book.

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:23 pm

PirateCap'n wrote:

Seriously? That exam is closed book?? How the hell do you have a closed book tax exam?? I'm screwed. I thought it was open book.

I was misled. I reread the syllabus and it is open book - thank God. I still dont understand a single thing in that class though. Today he was throwing around a lot of statute numbers without much explanation. I really regret taking this class with this prof.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

2L grades don't matter, guys. No worries.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:41 pm

I wrote 25 pages of my comment in about 12 hours. This feat can only lead to many years of procrastinating myself into horrible, impossible situations.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Our tax prof has never taught tax at our school. Need outlines badly; cannot find.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:05 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:

i am outlining for tax rt now...why do you say you cant outline tax? ::self doubt:: ::1L stuck in a 2L's body::

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:59 pm

goosey wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:

i am outlining for tax rt now...why do you say you cant outline tax? ::self doubt:: ::1L stuck in a 2L's body::

cause it's all problem-based. outlining for tax is like outlining for algebra.

Antilles Haven

Postby Antilles Haven » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:30 pm

f0bolous wrote:
goosey wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:

different teaching styles apparently, but my income tax is very outlineable.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Antilles Haven wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
goosey wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:

different teaching styles apparently, but my income tax is very outlineable.

+1 and have a couple outlines from upperclassmen that I couldn't do without

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Antilles Haven wrote:different teaching styles apparently, but my income tax is very outlineable.

+1 and have a couple outlines from upperclassmen that I couldn't do without

yeah, same here. we have practice questions, but there is a lot of outline-able info. I also prefer outlining the code in my own words to understand it better.

i actually made/am making a dent in this tax outline today, and was feeling quite studly, until I realized that next Friday is the 18th, and the week after that is thanksgiving, and the week after that y life is over. and I am not even close to ready for finals.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Helmholtz wrote:2L grades don't matter, guys. No worries.

just saw this. I don't know if this is being a 2L or having fairly decent/good grades, but trying to find spring placement is about 100 times easier than it was last year with no grades. and this leads me to believe that there is hope in the job universe if I keep my gpa up or pull it up more. I sent out maybe 5 applications, got 5 calls for interviews, didnt interview with one, went to 3, got 2 offers from those 3, and am going to the final interview next week before making a decision. So much less painful than the 80+ applications I sent out for last summer [got maybe 5 interviews and only 1 offer]

going through this has officially scared the crap out of me about my gpa. and makes me think that if you're not biglaw-bound, 2L grades def matter :shock: :|

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:43 pm

PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.

mrloblaw

Postby mrloblaw » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.

WE'RE SORRY THAT YOU ARE NOW COMPLETELY ALONE.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:05 pm

mrloblaw wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GTFO OF THIS THREAD.

WE'RE SORRY THAT YOU ARE NOW COMPLETELY ALONE.

lol, no, TLS is just full of ridiculous gunners.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Wanted to work today, instead beat Splinter Cell: Conviction and am now watching football. *Sigh* One of these days.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”